Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Power Supply Upgrade

I have an Onkyo TX DS595 with the warranty about to run out, and I'm wanting to beef up the power supply. Does anyone know what value capacitors are in this model right now? How big should I go on the uF rating? I also understand I may have to beef up the rectifiers also. Where can I view a schematic for just the power supply or does anyone out there have one they could email me. I did a post similar to this one about a year ago and someone wrote why not get another amp. I don't want to hear from anyone that feels the same. Power supplies can and are beefed up, I can do the replacements, and just recently heard that somone that used to work at Onkyo(repair,sales, whatever) got this done and made a difference. Anyone out there can help me on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitchell
    mingram1234@alltel.net

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Perhaps if you contact Onkyo they might send you a schematic. Before you do that you might want to look inside to see if there is any room to upgrade to larger caps. While you're in there you can find the uF rating stamped on them.

The real question is why bother for a piece of gear that only costs $560.00 new and is selling used for $250.00 or less. If you did do the work yourself it's going to cost you about what the unit is selling for used and if you have a shop do it add another $200.00. I know you don't want to hear this, but your money would be better spent on a better AVR.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information