Skipping has been an issue for a while in Jriver. Usually very short interruptions, and intermittent in nature. I can listen for hours with no incident, and then get 5 skips in 20 minutes.
Usage is such that I am most often actively using the computer while listening, but even if I am away from the desk, listening while elsewhere in the house, it will still skip.
Last week, I changed out the cpu and RAM (AMD 8350 8 core @ 4.8Ghz, 8 GB Gskill Ripjaws). And a fresh install of Win7 64 bit on ssd. Though I didn't have any long listening sessions, I had no skips UNTIL I updated the Flash plug-in for Chrome... and now it is a daily occurrence.
Digital chain is My Book Live cloud drive to Netgear router. Computer has HT Omega card (drivers installed) with Huffman D.I. to Peachtree Dac-It.
I am using ASIO4ALL generic with Windows audio disabled. I have tried WASAPI and Direct Hardware, they all skip. I feel confident I can rule out cpu/RAM overload.....
I have tried all forms of buffering, port forwarding for the external drive, disabling drivers, etc and am just going in circles.
I hope I have provided enough info... if not, let me know. But please lend me a new direction....