Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default No more cookies.....

CHANHASSEN, Minn. A Chanhassen mother who has been baking cookies for the kids on her children's bus for 15 years has been shut down by an anonymous complaint.

Every Friday, Anne Tabat has met the school bus in her subdivision with a basket of cookies. It began as a thank you to the bus driver. And, Tabat said, she couldn't give the driver a cookie without giving one to every child on the bus.

Tabat said the cookies were also a way to get to know her neighbors.

"I didn't live in the suburbs until I turned 40," she said. "Look at the way these houses are designed here. They're not designed with a friendly neighborliness community in mind. I haven't been in most of the houses in my neighborhood. People live such busy lives; you don't talk to your neighbors, you don't know your neighbors."

For the first time in many years, Tabat won't be at the bus stop Friday. She received a phone call from the school this week telling her someone had complained and that she should cease and desist the dispensing of cookies. She said she never really had a straight answer about the specifics of the complaint.

"I think it's somebody who just didn't bother to get to know me and I think that's what the sin is here," Tabat told Minnesota Public Radio News.

Tabat has taken it in stride. She's busy making 200 cookies for her neighborhood party Saturday.

"People are good," Tabat said. "I've yet to find someone I can't find commonality with. We're all crawling around on the planet dealing with circumstances in our life, and most of us just want to raise a nice family and be successful in however you define success and for most people it's just surviving."
    The world needs more folks like Anne Tabat and a lot less of whomever complained. I don't get it, who in the world would complain about cookies???
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Some who has nothing better to do but lacks the balls to talk to the woman face to face.

Always someone to complain. Sad times we live in

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I don't get it, who in the world would complain about cookies???
    It's that bitty down the street with the a-hole husband
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

And if the woman, or some other food bearing stranger, poisoned a school bus full of children I guess some would complain about allowing strangers to provide cookies. This reminds me a little of the old Saturday Night Live skit where the Conehead family was handing out beer and cigarettes on Halloween.

Guess they should stop feeding kids lunch at school. I mean, one of those lunch ladies could poison the entire school.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Guess they should stop feeding kids lunch at school. I mean, one of those lunch ladies could poison the entire school.
    Yep. BTW, the quote in your sig is spot on! LOL

Well, aside from being an absurd analogy, if the school was letting strangers bring in food for the school lunches then it probably would be better to stop.

Well there goes all the fund raising bake sales at school
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    Well there goes all the fund raising bake sales at school
    Those have been gone here for at least 5 yrs. If they do have one everything has to be pre packaged goods.

The sky is falling......sad what this country has become. Someone described it as a nation of pussies. They were spot on, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    Those have been gone here for at least 5 yrs. If they do have one everything has to be pre packaged goods.
    I guess giving the Hot teacher an apple is frowned upon too.

So the prepackaged w/preservatives is better???????

And let me guess, no more morning Pledge, God Bless America, or National Anthem at the school games or is that next?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Well, aside from being an absurd analogy, if the school was letting strangers bring in food for the school lunches then it probably would be better to stop.
    A "stranger" is someone you don't know. You know all those people serving lunch at school ? Then they are no more a stranger than the lady baking cookies. Or....is it suppose to be government is the only one's you can trust with your kids ? Yeah....let me know how that works out.

I get why....liability issues, lawsuits, blah blah, but this stuff strips away the American culture.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    I guess giving the Hot teacher an apple is frowned upon too.

So the prepackaged w/preservatives is better???????

And let me guess, no more morning Pledge, God Bless America, or National Anthem at the school games or is that next?
    I know that the holiday party they throw in the classrooms is now called a "winter party". Halloween is called the "harvest party".
    Can't offend anyone that way right? LOL

The minority ruling the majority .....how special.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    I'm about 100 mi south of St. Louis. The area is very conservative, so if this stuff is happening here..........

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Hmmm..., this has been happening for the last couple of generations, at least. Evil will always rule when good men do nothing...

I'm glad I wasn't born any later than I was and I feel for those that will have to deal with the a$$ backwards idealism that trickles down before us in the next generations to come.

Having grown up in Northern Minnesota that don't sound like Minnesotans. Must be the new generation of the Twin Cities Yuppie Crowd no offense all you Twin City Polkies. What gets me all upset is the schools expect you to send your kids out on these fundraiser s wether it be pimping Frozen Pizzas or candy bars or magazine subscriptions all in the name of raising dollars for the schools. I mean come on they expect you to send your kids out to complete strangers houses to raise funds for them give me a break. I spent many a times taking my daughter and grand kids out to do such fund raisers because I did not want them to go out on their own to raise funds for a school district just like the ones in Chanhasen, shame on them.

God only knows what would become of those poor kids if they found out there are nice people in the world.

Wow...just WOW, how sad are some people that they have to call and complain that someone is being NICE, neighborly, geez not everyone out there has a shred of bad intentions. What in the hell is this world coming to? Seriously it's getting out of control. Then again we Canucks up here call your country the Excited States Of America, not as an insult but as to what's going on down there re:Common Sense, re:Litigation bonanzas etc. Too many people with screws loose coming out of the woodwork.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Member Sales Rating: (10)

This fine woman has been baking those cookies for 15yrs & all of a sudden one simpleton complains & the school just caves in. That school needs to grow a set of balls & tell that person to take their complaint & shove it where the sun don't shine.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    This fine woman has been baking those cookies for 15yrs & all of a sudden one simpleton complains & the school just caves in. That school needs to grow a set of balls & tell that person to take their complaint & shove it where the sun don't shine.
    We may not agree on all things audio, but you nailed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    Too many people with screws loose coming out of the woodwork.
    Yep....unfortunately all those people with screws loose are now in positions of power all threw out society.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Whatever happened to the American right to have the complainant's kid not accept said cookie? Oh, that's right. That would be too much work for the parent. It's easier to just complain and ruin American culture in the name of laziness and stupidity.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Parents, calling all parents of the school children who don't agree with this, calling all parents..., hello?, calling all parents... And what do we hear? Nothing. Time to stand up people...

Any of you even close to my age may remember the ST. Joseph's tables at your local church. Everyone made something to share....everyone. Nothing was store bought. Nobody could afford it anyway. Certainly didn't need rules or regulations to deny anyone.

Were we worried about getting poisoned ? Maybe from the old lady nobody liked, but then I never ate her stuff anyway. LOL. I think it's a false presumption that today you have to worry about every single thing that can go wrong. We had the same nutjobs then, you just didn't have the media to hear about it as often as you do today. Acts of kindness....while benefiting the recipient, also benefit the giver. Should never turn away from those looking to make life more enjoyable for our kids or adults.

That's my .02 on it, open your mouth if you want this nonsense to change, otherwise eat your own darn cookie in the privacy of your home away from public view.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Two words.....food allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhed72 View Post
    Two words.....food allergies.
    Nobody had food allergies years ago ? If you have food allergies, even as a kid, you know what you can and can't have. If something has unknown ingredients, you stay away. Normally anyway. In other words, don't take a frickin' cookie then. What...are we going to harm the kids psyche for life if he can't have a cookie ? Get a trophy ? Play on the grass ? See's a crucifix ?

Seriously, where does it end then ?

Yep....unfortunately all those people with screws loose are now in positions of power all threw out society.
    Amen Brother

Thread Information