Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip is booked!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thumbs up Trip is booked!

So, I really wanted to do a 'me' trip this year, that didn't really work out earlier since one of my best friends called me when I was planning a summer vacation and wanted to come visit. I changed my plans from either Charleston SC or Sandusky OH (Who vacations to Ohio???) We went and spent a day at Grand Father Mtn., and the next day was at North Myrtle. Of course we had a blast, ate great food and drank waaay too much.

Fast forward to about a week ago, my buddie who is stationed at Ft. Campbell called up and wanted to go to the December 29th Dallas game vs Philly. We booked a room at 'The Grand' hotel in Dallas from the 28th - 1st, and picked up tickets to the game today. Needless to say, I am stoaked! This will be my first time to Texas, but hopefully not my last game at the stadium. I never got to realize my dream of seeing the old stadium, but between ringing in the new year and stomping Philly, this should be a great trip.

Now, any 'must' eats in Dallas or even something that we should go do for half a day? Also looking for a good place for New Year's eve. TIA Texas Polkies!

If you are near Las Colinas, and want some down home Texas Style food... http://www.theranchlc.com/

Good eats!

Go Cowboys...
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Bump! A week away, we have got to have done Dallas polkie suggestions!

Go Cowboys!

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Big New Year's celebration at Victory Park. Never been, but it's televised locally...sort of a mini-NYC new years.

I hate Dallas, so I don't know any good eateries out that way. We did go to Ser in the Hilton Anatolle for the wife's company Christmas party. $75 steaks, $10 sides.... Stay away unless you like throwing money away for a mediocre meal and mediocre service. If you've never had it, drop by a whataburger for the best fast food burger money can buy.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Mmmm Whataburger....
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Great. Now somehow I have to get excited to watch Kyle Orton start. Merry f*&kin' Christmas.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

3 Stacks BBQ in Frisco. All that needs to be said.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Member Sales Rating: (4)

And if you like to stuff yourself with endless piles of meat, http://www.boinabraza.com/

$$$, and worth it if you come hungry.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information