Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default And you thought Genesis was done....Phil is considering new Genesis tour

From earlier this month in Rolling Stone magazine....

Phil Collins is contemplating reviving his long-dormant music career. "I have started thinking about doing new stuff," he said at the premiere of the Tarzan musical in Stuttgart, Germany. "[Maybe playing] some shows again, even with Genesis. Everything is possible. We could tour in Australia and South America. We haven't been there yet.

And Peter Gabriel's reaction to Phil's possible comeback....

"Good! I think he got himself into a bit of a hole, and that’s great news he’s coming out of it. It doesn’t have to involve work – but if it does, that’s a great indicator.”
    As for the possibility of Peter Gabriel doing a Genesis reunion tour....

“It’s never been ruled out. I’m trying to picture a time when it would top my priorities list though. If you’re gonna do it, you gotta do it before you’re all dead, right? I was thinking about that the other day. We’re quite lucky – looking back at other bands of our generation, there’s usually one or two missing now. So you do get a sense of the clock.”

Member Sales Rating: (5)

That would be awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by WagnerRC View Post
    That would be awesome .
    +1
    Two people I'd love to see in person and never got the chance, Phil Collins and David Gilmour. I mean, like I'd pay actual money to see either of them :)

The should do it. They would make a gazillion dollars and put out some great stuff as well.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I saw Genesis with Peter Gabriel. My guess is they wouldn't sound as good today as they did in 1972. I am dating myself with that statement LOL!.

I also saw the Doors, TWICE! And the Who with Keith Moon, Led Zepplin with Jon Bonham! Where did the time go?
    Carl

Love Genesis and all the members solo work as well..
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I was under the impression Phil Collins was pretty much a basket case of physical ailments these days. Deaf, bad arthritis...not exactly conducive to another tour.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I would absolutely be there if Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett were involved in the Geneseis tour! Absolutely!! Steve Hackett is a better guitar player now than he was when he was with Genesis. It would be an amazing concert to see!
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Always loved Phil's drumming. Deceptively difficult to pull off; tasteful too.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Absolutely Fred! Phil was a fantastic drummer, especially on "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"!

Unfortunately, I don't think he could do the drumming parts nearly as well today. Just not enough practice.....
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarcw View Post
    I saw Genesis with Peter Gabriel. My guess is they wouldn't sound as good today as they did in 1972. I am dating myself with that statement LOL!.

I also saw the Doors, TWICE! And the Who with Keith Moon, Led Zepplin with Jon Bonham! Where did the time go?
    I envy you but damn you are O L D.

I'd like to see them and I bet Phil and the rest still have their respective chops. Maybe not the high notes but enough to sell it....kinda like Robert Plant.

-m

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Hendrix and Janis in 1969. I distinctly remember this show. About halfway through it I started worrying that my head wasn't going to make it through any of the exit doors when it was time to leave.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    I was under the impression Phil Collins was pretty much a basket case of physical ailments these days. Deaf, bad arthritis...not exactly conducive to another tour.
    yep on behind the music he made a statement that he was done and needed time with new wife and kids....Guess he's had enough wife and kids....lol

Thread Information