Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default BIC F12 with sub iso pad = quality AND quantity

Initially, I had my bic f12 placed in its position w/o a sub iso pad...sounded pretty badass! Then, just to experiment, I used my sub riser/pad that I had for my psw110 for my f12. SURPRISE!! Not only did the bass quality increase (clarity and tightness) but the sound output jumped! I had to decrease the level on the sub...it was already set low to begin with.

If you want to eliminate the boominess and clean up the sound of your sub, a sub riser/Iso pad WILL work :-). Thanks for looking;-).
    My 3.1 HT setup: Pioneer SP-FS52x2, Pioneer SP-C22, SVS PB1000, Denon AVR 1613, PS3 slim, Samsung 46" 3D TV.
    My 2ch Music setup: Polk R40s, Yamaha RX-496 stereo receiver, Auvio Bluetooth w/NFC Music Receiver, JSI DVD/CD Player with HDMI upconvert.

Hey! Good to hear buddy and glad to see you're enjoying your new sub! We get wrapped up in getting the best out of everything to enjoy what we have sometimes.

Raising your sub off the floor is essentially raising it away from a boundary so you won't get as much boundary reinforcement and the sub will react differently with the room. I'm also using an isopad in my setup with good results even though the floor is tile over concrete! I wonder what'd it'd do with a wood floor.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert

I use subdudes under all of my subs... they make a difference for sure, and are a must on wood floors
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Absolutely:-). When I used it with my psw110 it had the same effect...just not as profound. Mine is a diy sub isopad...painted MDF with 2layers of EVA foam gym mats cut to size. Cheap yet quite effective;-).
    My 3.1 HT setup: Pioneer SP-FS52x2, Pioneer SP-C22, SVS PB1000, Denon AVR 1613, PS3 slim, Samsung 46" 3D TV.
    My 2ch Music setup: Polk R40s, Yamaha RX-496 stereo receiver, Auvio Bluetooth w/NFC Music Receiver, JSI DVD/CD Player with HDMI upconvert.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

My theater is in the basement which is carpet over concrete. So will a sub isolation pad help with that or are these more for apartments/suspended floors? Thanks
    Sharp LC-80LE632U
    Pioneer SC-07
    Parasound HCA-2003A (LCR)
    Rotel RMB-1095 (SS, SB)
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side & Rear Surrounds: Mirage OMD-5
    Subs: Epik Legend x 2 and SVS PB12/+2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    PS3
    Pioneer BDP-320
    Logitech Harmony 700 Universal Remote
    APC H15
    XLO IEC power cords by Pepster
    Morrow Audio MA4 IC's
    Audioquest Chocolate & Pangea Audio HDMI's

Quote Originally Posted by mufsoman View Post
    My theater is in the basement which is carpet over concrete. So will a sub isolation pad help with that or are these more for apartments/suspended floors? Thanks

Sub isolation pads/risers can be used for any situation. Theres a more noticeable difference when they are used on suspended or wooden floors. My set up is on carpet over concrete slab....I notice a difference. My bass now is cleaner,more defined, and in some ways more powerful b/c the energy isn't transfered to the floor...I feel it more in my chest now when the bass hits;-). Take it from me...it helps.

A lil update...I setup my psw110 at the folks house, and I used the Iso pad from my bic f12 with it (it was originally made for the 110 anyways). So, that left me to make a new one for my f12. Using what I had at home, I used the top portion of a dinner tray table ( made of rubberwood) and painted it in the same fashion as my prev. pad, found some 2" square rubber furniture feet and a large extra thick mouse pad that I cut into pieces to fit the inner part of the feet. Then, assembled the cut pieces of mouse pad and furniture feet into legs...or " stumps" as I call them. Lastly, put it all together. I'll post pics when I get the chance. I am surprised that my f12 with THIS iso pad sounds sooooo much more tight and defined! It could be the design...or the height difference compared to the other Iso pad...whatever it is, I'm glad I built it. I guess b/c of/its design its not really a "pad" but more of a riser...or in my case, a "low-riser" lol.

felipe, you should consider posting pics of the homemade solutions, they sound like do quite the job. Just would be nice to see your creations, give others something to go on as far as making their own!

Ken
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Ya I was planning on doing that..as soon as I have the time :-)..and when I finish all of the tinkering with the current design ;-). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    Ya I was planning on doing that..as soon as I have the time :-)..and when I finish all of the tinkering with the current design ;-). Thanks.
    I'd be interested as well!
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it

Sorry all, I tried to upload the pics, but I cant because the img file is too large. ill try to retake or resize so I can post them.

Thread Information