Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Quantum Purifiers?

I have seen these things advertised around and was wondering what exactly they are and what do they do? Do they really work?

BYBEE Quantum Purifiers http://bybeetech.com/?page_id=2

Thanks
    Stan
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I haven't the faintest. But that's GREAT marketing "QUANTUM PURIFIERS", WOW! I'm envious of that.

Especially since if you could actually "purify" something at the Quantum level (whatever that might mean) you'd be collecting a NOBEL PRIZE!

If you invest please tell us your impressions because I am mostly kidding above. As a social scientist I am amused by terms used to "legitimize" things. Making something sound "scientific", is of course the standard for such coinages.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

They work very well at transferring money from your accout to their account. As they cost very, very little to make. On the good side they don't do anything bad to the sound.

It will be a cold day in He.. .... Wait, it was a cold day in Hell, Michigan. It was even on the news. I'm still not buying.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade)
    Parasound: C/PT-600, HCA-800II; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i

HT:
    Denon AVR-888, Polk: RM7, PSW10, Marantz UD5005, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, DRA-825R, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S8, Monitor 5A, TSi100; Pioneer CT-6R, PL-530; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz PM5004, CD5004

Audiophile snake oil?
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Haven't had my ears on them personally, bu have read reviews stating that they made an improvement to the sound. Increased clarity and detail being the biggest improvements. Not saying they do or do not work because as I have said, I haven't heard them. Never mind the people above who have not heard them either, and still seem to think they are the proverbial "snake oil"........ How would they know?
    Last edited by headrott; 01-09-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I'm wondering how the AC Module makes the "air molecules more compliant"?
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

There are lots of folks who doubt the science behind these, but they sell. They must do something. Google the designer, Jack Bybee. The guy apparently worked on silencing technology for the US Navy, submarines I think.

Here's a 6moons review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/c...aks/bybee.html They're expensive for what they are.

I have no personal experience with them.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Dang, I just hate impure quanta, don't you?

Let me know when their neutrino purifier comes out, OK? I am pretty sure it's the dark matter in the universe that's upsetting the noise floor and the blackness of the background of my hifi.
    all the best,
    mrh

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I had bought a show demo ModWright Sony 9100ES CD/SACD player years ago. It had bybees on the AC in and tube analog output. The player sounded fantastic, but not sure if the bybees had anything to do with it. Not easy to pop them out and back in for an A B test.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quantum noise does exist and is one of the ways that noise can be added. Whether it has an effect on a signal path and then if the Purifiers would remove that is unknown.

In physics, quantum noise refers to the uncertainty of a physical quantity, due to its quantum origin. In certain situations, quantum noise appears as shot noise; for example, most optical communications use amplitude modulation, and thus, the quantum noise appears as shot noise only. For the case of uncertainty in the electric field in some lasers, the quantum noise is not just shot noise; uncertainties of both amplitude and phase contribute to the quantum noise. This issue becomes important in the case of noise of a quantum amplifier, which preserves the phase. The phase noise becomes important when the energy of the frequency modulation or phase modulation of waves is comparable to the energy of the signal (which is believed to be more robust with respect to additive noise than an amplitude modulation).

Thread Information