Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default MIT StyleLine Cable Demo/Review Round 5 Canada

The MIT cable demo/review is back for Round 5, this time with the new StyleLine series cables!!!

MIT informs me that the technology in these cables is better than the Shotgun series. The StyleLine series are only available in stores. A list of Canadian MIT dealers and more information can be found at www.aralex.com, the site of Aralex Acoustics Ltd.

This demo consists of the following:

(1) 15 foot pair of StyleLine SL 12 speaker interfaces (single runs)
    (1) 10 foot single Styleline SL 12 speaker interface (center channel)
    (2) 1 meter pairs of StyleLine SL 8 RCA interconnects
    (1) 2 meter StyleLine Plus USB interface
    (1) 2 meter HDMI 3D cable

I think that should cover those that want to demo these cables in their 2 channel music and/or HT rigs along with computer/server based systems. You donít have to use all of the cables, just the ones that fit your needs.

If you want to be on the list, have read, understand and meet the requirements contact me via email or PM. If you want off the list, please notify me. This demo will be restricted to Canada.

REQUIREMENTS:

-More than six months in Club Polk of ACTIVE and PRODUCTIVE participation, so say at least 100 posts.

-You will provide to me via email or PM your full name, home address, email address and 2 phone numbers before you can participate. Failure to provide that info will result in you being removed from the list.

-You'll have to pay for shipping (and packaging if needed) when you send them to the next in line. They can only be shipped via UPS or FedEx with tracking, signature required and insured for $1940.00. Please be aware that the shipping cost may be more than you realize, but still a small price to pay to try these excellent cables in your own rig.

-If there is any damage or the cables are lost, the sender will need to file and follow up the claim with the carrier.

HOW IT WORKS:

-Each demo will last no more than 2 weeks. That is plenty of time to demo these and will allow more people to get their ears on them in a shorter time frame.

-Color code for the list:
    Yellow - that person has the cables.
    Green - those folks are green with envy. Not to worry though, you will turn yellow soon.
    Blue - those folks are done with the cables and now have the blues, which can only be cured by purchasing a set of MIT cables.
    Red - you don't want to see this color, so post your review within one week!

-I will provide to each sender the shipping info for the next person in line via the email address you provide. Make sure they are accurate.

-The sender will provide to me via email or PM the tracking info when you ship.

-The receiver will notify me via email or PM when the cables arrive. Your 2 week demo time starts then.

-I don't want to hear any excuses about delays in shipping. In fact, I don't care if you are dead, just ship them. I hope that is clear enough.

-Once you are done, YOU MUST POST A REVIEW IN THIS THREAD WITHIN ONE WEEK, outlining your experience/thoughts of how the cables performed, be it better or not than what you compared them with. It doesn't have to be a professional review, just write something. A list of associated gear would be nice. Failure to post a review will result in the closure of the demo program. Believe it when I say, you do not want that on your shoulders.

-The cables will be sent back to Aralex Acoustics Ltd. once the demo is finished. This could be once there are no more people on the list or at any time MIT/Aralex Acoustics Ltd. decides they want them back. MIT/Aralex Acoustics Ltd. may want to swap these cables out with another model at some point. If that happens, the next person on the list will get extra demo time to allow for burn in.

-These are not your cables, so treat them with respect. Please pack them up as you hopefully received them, nice and neat. Do not apply any kind of air freshener, funk juice, etc. to the cables and this is very important, do not attempt to open the network boxes.

Enjoy!!!

Here's the demo participant's list:

'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I'm in, by the time the cables are ready to go I'll have actually hit 6 months :) Wil lcontact with all the required info. Thanks.

Then again...unlike the US list...this one might be touch shorter...lol

Noticed $1940 for insurance value both sides of the line, might want to bump that up this side of the border. import taxes and stuff.
    Last edited by nbrowser; 01-02-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Jesse, thanks for pulling this together for us!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Ok, where are all the Canadians that expressed interest?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I'm in, I'll PM you with my info Jesse..
    Thank You
    Rogue Audio 99 Magnum/McCormack DNA 500 and 250,McCormack LD-2 pre,Polk SDA SRS 3.1TL's, Paradigm Studio 100's ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/MIT Speaker cables,Alpha Core Python Speaker cables,MIT interconnects,Van Den Hul interconnects /Yamaha RX-A2000

whew...thought I was the only one...
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

As it stands now, there are 3 members signed up. I would like to see more, so don't be shy.

Hold off on me as I just lost my amp and not sure for how long...
    Rogue Audio 99 Magnum/McCormack DNA 500 and 250,McCormack LD-2 pre,Polk SDA SRS 3.1TL's, Paradigm Studio 100's ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/MIT Speaker cables,Alpha Core Python Speaker cables,MIT interconnects,Van Den Hul interconnects /Yamaha RX-A2000

It'll be a while before you get them anyway.

I'm in. I'll PM my info.

why all of the sudden I have this urge to park outside of Aralex's office and stalk cables ? lol
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

I don't know why, the cables aren't there yet.

Update: Things were put on hold while MIT was at CES, but are swinging back to action.....won't be long now. Are there any other interested Polkies?

Also note that the pair of speaker cables will be 12 foot, not 15 and I'm pretty sure jumpers will be included.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Pretty cool, looking forward to the demo.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Update: There is a slight delay with this demo. As I understand it the Canadian distributor has something else going on at the moment. Shouldn't be much longer, so please bear with us.

BTW, Dan I didn't know you moved to Canada.

Name:  MIT Demo Round 5 Canada.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  49.7 KB

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Update: There is a slight delay with this demo. As I understand it the Canadian distributor has something else going on at the moment. Shouldn't be much longer, so please bear with us.

BTW, Dan I didn't know you moved to Canada. :cheesy grin:
    I didn't know it was a requirement to join , is it?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I didn't know it was a requirement to join , is it?
    It is...says so at the header of the thread.

Dan, there are 2 demo programs. This one is for Canada. You already signed up for the USA demo.

Thread Information