Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default The club polk high end rig picture thread

Well my gear is just kind of growing so I think I made this list by the skin of my teeth and consider my rig entry level high end. I would like to see polkies post pics of the here with those high end rigs. I do have the big HT setup but would like to keep the thread 2ch.

I would also publicly request a picture of F1's rig and hair on this thread too.
    Attached Images  

The speakers are missing
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (12)

hope this counts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay&cl 052.JPG‎
Views:	279
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	93203   Click image for larger version

Name:	amplifier 018.JPG‎
Views:	264
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	93204  
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 01-04-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Wow.........Killer looking TT!!!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Here's my entry for the best sub $500 rig category...
    20131115_150055.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20131115_150055.jpg‎
Views:	235
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	93205  
    Attached Images
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    hope this counts...
    It does for sure, I actually had envisioned a pic of those tube amps with those maggies

I would consider as lower highend

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	93208
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 01-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Thats a 5k preamp Txc, said to be one the best out there.

I just consider $1-$15K Low Hi-Fi, $15k-$50K mid and $50k plus high end. There is so much crazy stuff out there to drive a rigs price up....especially turntables/phono etc
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

I'm hoping to step up to the "Black Edition" soon....

Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    I just consider $1-$15K Low Hi-Fi, $15k-$50K mid and $50k plus high end. There is so much crazy stuff out there to drive a rigs price up....especially turntables/phono etc
    High end to me certainly fits your descriptions, but I interpret high end to be simply be that place in the audio path where the individual listener finds their journey to be complete, and that the money spent has been replaced by the law of diminished returns.

For some that is reached by an I-Pod and a set of ear buds. Others find that with a set of MMG's and an Emo. Still others will build their own gear and others will spend millions in their quest to have the best, and will never find a result that pleases them. For most of us however, in all of that, we will each find our bliss.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 01-04-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

im just try to find speakers, and get home to use my stuff.
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Absolutely John,

I personally think there is so great gear in the price range that I play in, that I see no need spending that kind of crazy coin. Especially if your patient and willing to purchase used.

Nice systems...makes my humble little screamer seem...inadequate...still fighting tooth and nail to not turn it into a HT nightmare lol
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

I agree with coastal who agrees with john. but i dont have the leisure of as much to spend with though, so im buyin used and trying to piece together a system of the best i can get for the least money. so far, i've got the HK 3490, a Parasound 1200 MKII, an RPH 1010 sub, for about $1100, and for HT i have whats in my signature, for about 950, plus another 600 for a set of monitor 30's and some deftech promonitor 800's, and 2 PSW 505's that will be worked in. None of it was all bought together, and it all would have cost A LOT more buying new, or at full price, got lucky some were clearance or marked down for being old models.
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Absolutely John,

I personally think there is so great gear in the price range that I play in, that I see no need spending that kind of crazy coin. Especially if your patient and willing to purchase used.
    I'd be curious just what kind of system you would have if you consolidated and had a truly dedicated 2 channel room. That isn't who you are, but its still intriguing to think about.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I'd be curious just what kind of system you would have if you consolidated and had a truly dedicated 2 channel room. That isn't who you are, but its still intriguing to think about.
    No telling at this time. We are planning to build a home in the next couple years and will be adding a dedicated 14x20 2chl room. This room will also be my office and will most probably still have a near field rig with monitors and tower rig. I just like to run genre's through different speakers because there is no perfect speaker. That is the reason for my wants for a pair of Sanders or Maggies for the variety.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post

I'm hoping to step up to the "Black Edition" soon....

heh. Poseur.
    Go analog, or go home...

fptt by mhardy6647, on Flickr
    all the best,
    mrh

No telling at this time. We are planning to build a home in the next couple years and will be adding a dedicated 14x20 2chl room. This room will also be my office and will most probably still have a near field rig with monitors and tower rig. I just like to run genre's through different speakers because there is no perfect speaker. That is the reason for my wants for a pair of Sanders or Maggies for the variety.
    I hear ya man. That's why I hold onto my SMGa's. The Usher and Maggie combo covers just about any genre very well.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

This is not a rig but...........daggum!!! If you only knew how much these speakers cost..... *passes out*

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    I would also publicly request a picture of F1's rig and hair on this thread too.
    Yeah, good luck with that.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Found the rig....

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Marten is one of the manufacturers that I have yet to get my ears on that I really would love to hear. That said there is more money in acoustic tratments and ceiling diffusers than in my entire rig.

Nice set up

I hear ya'. I'm wondering why they would have the carpet at or behind the speakers and in not in front of. Unless the room is so large that the first reflective point is further back than I am thinking based upon the pic itself.

Tom

Would like to see the entire room. I am sure they had an engineer set this room up. I have never seen ceiling diffusers quite like the the ones in the pics and i am sure they were designed around the aesthetics of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    I'm wondering why they would have the carpet at or behind the speakers and in not in front of.
    They don't want to scratch the speaker legs, or the Pass amps.

I concur but still. With all of the dough spent on the acoustics throughout the room, why? That's a LOT of reflective surface on that floor.

Tom

One word:

"Fascinating."
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Yaqin MC-10t --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

In the Bullpen
    Adcom GFA-555ii
    Luxman R-115

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I hear ya'. I'm wondering why they would have the carpet at or behind the speakers and in not in front of. Unless the room is so large that the first reflective point is further back than I am thinking based upon the pic itself.

Tom
    That's a hotel room.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Found the rig....

Tom

wow thats a setup

Come on Jesse lets see it........

Thread Information