Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Unhappy Buggy F/X Surround Transmitter

I recently purchased the wireless FX Surround system from Amazon. The wireless transmitter didn't work at all (didn't even power on), so on the advice of Polk customer support I sent the whole system back to Amazon and received a complete replacement.

I set up the replacement system and it sounds great. However, I think I have another transmitter issue. When it's working correctly , I just turn on the speaker and it automatically connects to the transmitter (led is blue). However, the majority of the time it doesn't connect and pushing and holding the scan button on the transmitter does nothing; it just remains red, there is no blinking blue/red to indicate it's trying to connect. Based on reviews I've read on Amazon about buggy transmitters, I think I may have another defective transmitter.

I did find that if I restart the transmitter by unplugging it and plugging back in, that it immediately connects to the speaker. While this works, it is annoying to have to unplug the transmitter so often to get it to work. Once connected, it works well; no dropouts or disconnections.

Do I have yet another defective transmitter? If so, can Polk just send me another transmitter to avoid the hassle of boxing the whole system up and sending it back to Amazon for yet another replacement? thanks, Tim

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Call them, they'll get you squared away...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX01 AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Sony CDP-C8ESD CDP, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's

Ken,thanks, but for the most recent issue I called (got put on hold 20 min) and emailed them (10 days ago, no response), so been there, done that. The first time around, I called and the guy just told me to pack it up and send it back to Amazon, yet that just left me with another system with a seemingly defective transmitter. So, this is a Hail Mary attempt at a more customer-oriented response from Polk CS via this forum. It seems much simpler for them to send me a transmitter that they can actually verify works correctly (that quality control thing that some companies actually do...) and send me that as a replacement.

Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry you're having a continuing problem. I'll send a link to your posting directly to Polk's CS manager and his guys. I know this can be very frustrating, but I'm sure they'll get you working correctly.
    Regards, Ken

Thanks, Ken, much appreciated!

You're welcome!

Polk Customer Service

Tim,
    Give us a call at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 am to 5:30 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday and we will be glad to help.

Thanks folks, this time I got thru quickly on the phone and spoke with Ken, who sent me a new transmitter, which seems to work better. I appreciate the good service!

Good afternoon, I have also recently purchased a "F / X Wireless sourround" system and have constant clicks, noise and loss of sound. What can I do?.
    I sent an email to technical support over a week ago and I have not received any response.

Greetings and sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.

Thread Information