Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Trying to figure out what route to go.

I'm an old skool polk guy, I worked at a electronic store outta highschool. I still have my Rt800's and my pops still has his Rt1000's. I'm setting up a theater room with a projector in my new house and want to use my old stuff for the sound. I have had a couple small surround sound systems since but I always have like the sound of my old skool towers. What I have is the 2-rt800's 2rt-55 and I a dayton sub that I got as a gift still in the box. I like the sound blasting outta the speakers all around me not so much the traditional surround sound. I know that might seem crazy but that's what I've always liked. So what I need is a new receiver, what should I roll with? Or is there a way if I get a nice center speaker and go surround sound that I will still be happy and get plenty of sound coming outta of my speakers not just secondary noises. Sorry if I sound crazy I've been out the game for 15yrs. Thanks for any feedback.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

For your speaker package you should look at the Pioneer Elite SC-71. This is a very nice AVR that should suite all of your needs and more.
    There is no such thing as secondary noises. If you took a minute to learn what a basic home theater speaker package is and what it's supposed to do, you will understand what each roll of each speaker is. I suggest
    www.dolby.com
    If you want to watch movies correctly you need at least a 5.1 surround system. I suggest finding a CS400 center channel as thats the correct matching center to your series speakers.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Thanks for taking time to reply I will get to hunting and read the info.

Find you a CS400 to match and you'll be golden. They can be had for $150ish and are great products for the money.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Ok garbed a Cs400 on eBay for $120. To be honest the receiver is a little out my range. But I am gonna get a true surround now, what do you guys recommend around $300?

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Welcome to CP...

By the way, is there a clue as to why you were "out of the game" for a while contained in your moniker?
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by BigHouse View Post
    Ok garbed a Cs400 on eBay for $120. To be honest the receiver is a little out my range. But I am gonna get a true surround now, what do you guys recommend around $300?
    If you're a Costco member and your local store stocks the Pioneer 1222K bump your budget $100 and you'll be golden...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX01 AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Sony CDP-C8ESD CDP, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's

Hahaha John, that's just my nickname (6"8 400lbs) I may have had a state funded vaca but not 15yrs!
    Thanks Ken I'll give it a look.

Actually the best way to go is search your local pawnshops you might get a great deal.... Though sometimes they price their stuff more expensive than the retail price at a store...

On second thought try craigslist as I got majority of my stuff over there

Thread Information