Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default From small to a bigger setup....addicted!

hi Polkies,

Recently I posted "noob starting a small ht setup with a small budget". With 4 4 rti4s a csi5 and 2 psw10 subs which is now going to my room. Now I'm addicted and switching to a much larger setup and it think got a pretty good deal though.

I was able to acquire the following:

Csia6 for $100 from CL with receipt and still has 3 yrs left in warranty
    RTiA7 for $600 from CL (2 pairs for front and surround) with receipt and still has 4 yrs left in warranty

No budget for a sub yet though probably might use one of my psw10 for sub.

Now my question is should I just sell the pair of rtia7 that I will use for surround and buy myself some fxia6 or just stick with them and enjoy the full tower setup.

Oh and the receiver I'll use with it is an onkyo tx-sr805 that I got from CL also for 150.

Thanks....

FYI: I think the warranties are non-transferable and are now void. I think they have to be purchased from an authorized Polk dealer. I bought mine on CL, as well.
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14 PC's
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000 | Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

I ran into the warranty deal with Polk and Onkyo anc they are in fact with the original buyer only.

YMMV, but I would exercise the speakers for a month or so to see what you like and don't like about them. (if you have that option) I wouldn't have believed it years ago, but it takes time for me to adjust to a speaker. There is nothing like falling in love w/ a speaker as it tickles you hearing old music in a new way. Good luck.
    2 Channel: Oppo DV-981HD->XDA-2 ->UDA-200 ->Monitor 7 or Grado model SR225i
    HT:Denon 1913 Hsu VTF-1 MK2 sub
    AR-4x F / CS10 C / (4) Altec 849a S / Bozak 302a Sb
    Vintage: Pioneer SX-9000 Rotel TT (2) Crown Com-Tech 210 amps mono bridged
    Polk RT-7 or Altec 886a or Dynaco A25s

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by fun_dador View Post
    hi Polkies,

Recently I posted "noob starting a small ht setup with a small budget". With 4 4 rti4s a csi5 and 2 psw10 subs which is now going to my room. Now I'm addicted and switching to a much larger setup and it think got a pretty good deal though.

I was able to acquire the following:

Csia6 for $100 from CL with receipt and still has 3 yrs left in warranty
    RTiA7 for $600 from CL (2 pairs for front and surround) with receipt and still has 4 yrs left in warranty

No budget for a sub yet though probably might use one of my psw10 for sub.

Now my question is should I just sell the pair of rtia7 that I will use for surround and buy myself some fxia6 or just stick with them and enjoy the full tower setup.

Oh and the receiver I'll use with it is an onkyo tx-sr805 that I got from CL also for 150.

Thanks....
    That's pretty much your call, but running smaller surrounds will relieve some "stress" for your receiver if you GET a BETTER SUB. That's where I would spend my money. Sell the Rti-A7s, even use the Rti-4s as surrounds and use the EXTRA money to buy the BEST SUB you can, you won't regret it.

That Onkyo (I know it WELL-it's been my primary receiver for 5-6 years) can drive your front three speakers fairly well without the need for more amplification, it will put out its RATED power, UNLIKE a lot of AVRs these days!

Make sure your HDMI board is OK though. Because that's the FIRST THING TO FAIL in those Onkyos!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by fun_dador View Post
    Now my question is should I just sell the pair of rtia7 that I will use for surround and buy myself some fxia6 or just stick with them and enjoy the full tower setup.Thanks....
    Why would you use the 7's in the surround position ? Put the 7's upfront with the csi6, the 4's in the surround positions. Those psw 10's need to go and get the best sub you can afford as suggested.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Why would you use the 7's in the surround position ? Put the 7's upfront with the csi6, the 4's in the surround positions. Those psw 10's need to go and get the best sub you can afford as suggested.
    He's got 2 pairs of A7s, and is planing to use one pair up front. It's the other pair he is asking about that we are in agreement on, SELL that pair and buy the NEW SUB!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Tonyb, cnh is right I got 4 rtia7s 2 for front and to 2 to be used as surround, however regarding the warranty I have asked the seller about it he said he never registered his equipment plus he paid cash for it on fry's electronics. So he told me to register it if I want to take advantage of the warranty as he have these speakers only for couple of months and decided to upgrade right away. Any thoughts about it?

Thread Information