Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 282
  1. #121

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    927

    Default

    That is the same problem I was having with my Melee's, so I think it it a design flaw.

    Here are Reddit users with the same problem:

    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...ort=confidence

    And Amazon reviews:

    http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-4Sh...owViewpoints=1

  2. #122
     Moderator 
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Hello,
    I know Polk is aware of the situation and is working to solve the problem, when I know anything more I'll post it.
    Ken
    Recent bumpersticker: "Before you criticize someone walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry he'll be a mile behind you - and shoeless!"

  3. #123

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Been dying to see reviews and check these out, but after the comments I'm reading on Amazon and Reddit....forget it.

    Why would we pay $160 for a headset and have to fight to be heard. The cheap mic that was included with the X1 works awesome when chatting. How did Polk miss this when testing and getting these ready to ship?

    Regardless, I'll just hold onto my money and buy something better in the coming months.

  4. #124

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I have these delivering from Amazon today, but I need a good mic. It's actually more important to me than the sound...

    Is the mic problem fixable, or should I just not open the package and return it?

  5. #125

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger View Post
    Hello,
    I know Polk is aware of the situation and is working to solve the problem, when I know anything more I'll post it.
    Ken
    Which problem, the loudness of the speakers or the microphone not picking up the users voice very well, or both? Seems like the mic is getting the most of the bad reviews at the moment...
    Last edited by sframsden3; 03-07-2014 at 12:10 PM.

  6. #126

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just got the 4 shots sound is really good might even be the best pair of headphones i have ever used for music and gaming if i had a spare $160 i would even consider keeping these for music alone and buy the xo sevens for my xbox that's how much i enjoy the sound these things put out. That being said....

    The microphone on is really muffled and I do have to speak up for sure also getting some static not as much In game but still happens other people are saying the same with various headsets though. Its very disappointing i love the product so much just wish the mic was better.
    Last edited by IIIDEFAULTIII; 03-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.

  7. #127

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Saw an Amazon Review where someone said Polk Customer service said that a firmware update was going to fix the mic stuff...

    But then saw a post on the 4-Shot Q&A where Ken says that there is no chip so a firmware update is impossible.

    Which is it?

    Edit to add - A Couple of people on Amazon now have said that they've been told by Polk Customer service that a firmware patch is incoming... Does anyone at Polk want to go on record with that?
    Last edited by Guywired; 03-07-2014 at 03:45 PM.

  8. #128

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IIIDEFAULTIII View Post
    Just got the 4 shots sound is really good might even be the best pair of headphones i have ever used for music and gaming if i had a spare $160 i would even consider keeping these for music alone and buy the xo sevens for my xbox that's how much i enjoy the sound these things put out. That being said....

    The microphone on is really muffled and I do have to speak up for sure also getting some static not as much In game but still happens other people are saying the same with various headsets though. Its very disappointing i love the product so much just wish the mic was better.
    It's bizarre, I've seen this identical post on reddit, amazon reviews. Seems like you have some awfully loyal customers polk... I for one, am not one. I went out on a whim, based upon positive feedback of past products. Needless to say, no harm no foul on my soul when I return the 4 shots, if these "gaming headphones" are not what they were marked up to be. :)

  9. #129

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    It's bizarre, I've seen this identical post on reddit, amazon reviews. Seems like you have some awfully loyal customers polk... I for one, am not one. I went out on a whim, based upon positive feedback of past products. Needless to say, no harm no foul on my soul when I return the 4 shots, if these "gaming headphones" are not what they were marked up to be. :)
    yea that was my post haha but yea looks like a return is in order here unfortunately.

  10. #130

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I too will more than likely be returning mine. The mic is a big function of a gaming headset. I am interested to hear if a Polk rep will come forward on how a firmware patch will work, and how long it will take.

  11. #131

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Here is a statement from Polk:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement

  12. #132

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sframsden3 View Post
    Here is a statement from Polk:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement
    Thanks dude, faith in humanity restored.

  13. #133

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sframsden3 View Post
    Here is a statement from Polk:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement
    Well that is reassuring. Can anyone back up that it works ok with a phone? Haven't personally tried this...

  14. #134

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default

    For those that have purchased the Melee/4 Shots, have you updated the controller's firmware on the recently released March XB1 update? That firmware was required for the new headset adapter. The adapter still works without the update, but there was significant improvements in the audio codec.

  15. #135

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdarris2004 View Post
    Well that is reassuring. Can anyone back up that it works ok with a phone? Haven't personally tried this...
    Mic is very low sounding on my phone as well. Kinda scared

  16. #136

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I updated the firmware before use, still had trouble with the mic.

  17. #137

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Near Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdarris2004 View Post
    I updated the firmware before use, still had trouble with the mic.
    They're saying there was a problem with the firmware you just updated, and MS will need to revise again.

  18. #138

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdarris2004 View Post
    I updated the firmware before use, still had trouble with the mic.
    That is disheartening to hear. Since Polk will be releasing a firmware update specifically to address the mic issues, it will most likely be an update via the controller since the headset doesn't contain any electronics because they're passive. I purchased the Melee version which are exactly the same as the 4 Shots with the exception of some accessories that make it backwards compatible with the 360. The thirty-day return period is looming close which puts me in a dilemma on what to do. I got such a great deal on the headsets that I'm considering rolling the dice on hanging onto them. However, if the firmware doesn't resolve the mic issue, I'm stuck with them.

  19. #139

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blankman View Post
    That is disheartening to hear. Since Polk will be releasing a firmware update specifically to address the mic issues, it will most likely be an update via the controller since the headset doesn't contain any electronics because they're passive. I purchased the Melee version which are exactly the same as the 4 Shots with the exception of some accessories that make it backwards compatible with the 360. The thirty-day return period is looming close which puts me in a dilemma on what to do. I got such a great deal on the headsets that I'm considering rolling the dice on hanging onto them. However, if the firmware doesn't resolve the mic issue, I'm stuck with them.
    I'm in the same boat I have 2 weeks to return mine and who knows if we get the update by then. They sound soooo good but the mic is a deal breaker. I'm going to hold on to them as long as I can.

  20. #140

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I was under the impression that when connected to a phone the inline mic was used and not the headset mic. If so the sound on the phone would have nothing to do with the other mic.

  21. #141

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Some questions for anyone that has been using Polk 4shot with Ghosts on Xbox One:
    - Can you clearly hear footsteps? If yes, is it virtual surround sound (up/down, pinpoint) or do you just hear stereo right + left or nothing at all?
    If yes, compared to a 5.1 speaker system via HDMI (DTS) (if you have one), are the footsteps as clear or lower?

    I have been reading mixed messages through amazon reviews & other forums. Some are saying Microsoft's implementation of the microsoft headset adapater, along with the March update, allows immersive virtual surround sound through the 4shot, making it comparable to using "surround sound" headsets that have a decoder that connects to the Xbox One S/PDIF port; I already know that that even those "surround sound" headsets are only doing virtual surround sound.

    Thx in advance. Looking forward to purchasing (I don't use chat, but sorry to hear about all of the mic issues - as a Polk customer for many years, they are very good at fixing issues quickly).

  22. #142

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    The game sound from these headphones is phenomenal! That is most definitely not the issue, just the mic.

  23. #143

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daunting View Post
    I was under the impression that when connected to a phone the inline mic was used and not the headset mic. If so the sound on the phone would have nothing to do with the other mic.
    I thought the same thing. How does the phone cable mic prove that the near field mic isn't faulty or poorly designed? I haven't head of other new headsets that have the same mic issue that the Polk 4 shots are currently having. Sounds like spin and placing blame on MS to me.

  24. #144

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    51

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Daunting View Post
    I was under the impression that when connected to a phone the inline mic was used and not the headset mic. If so the sound on the phone would have nothing to do with the other mic.
    You are absolutely correct. When the in-line mic for cell phone usage is plugged in, it automatically disengages the headset's built-in mic. Only when the in-line audio cable is disconnected will it switch over to the headset's built-in mic. I'm not sure why Polk's President mentioned that in his address of the mic issues. Our collective issues aren't with the in-line mic from the cable, but rather the built-in mic. Melee headset users have already brought the mic issue up on several inquiries. Since the Melee & 4 Shots are essentially the same headset, I'm not confident that it's taken this long to find a solution to these existing problems. Since the 4 Shots had such an extended lead in time before the product was launched, you'd think that QA would have started troubleshooting these issues when they first surfaced with the Melee reports.

  25. #145

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asoroudi View Post
    Some questions for anyone that has been using Polk 4shot with Ghosts on Xbox One:
    - Can you clearly hear footsteps? If yes, is it virtual surround sound (up/down, pinpoint) or do you just hear stereo right + left or nothing at all?
    If yes, compared to a 5.1 speaker system via HDMI (DTS) (if you have one), are the footsteps as clear or lower?

    I have been reading mixed messages through amazon reviews & other forums. Some are saying Microsoft's implementation of the microsoft headset adapater, along with the March update, allows immersive virtual surround sound through the 4shot, making it comparable to using "surround sound" headsets that have a decoder that connects to the Xbox One S/PDIF port; I already know that that even those "surround sound" headsets are only doing virtual surround sound.

    Thx in advance. Looking forward to purchasing (I don't use chat, but sorry to hear about all of the mic issues - as a Polk customer for many years, they are very good at fixing issues quickly).
    As of now Microsoft adapter only puts out stereo sound so you just hear footsteps on the left and right. When people are on top of me I'm not sure if they are on my floor or above me.
    Last edited by SwiftyCG; 03-07-2014 at 05:49 PM.

  26. #146

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blankman View Post
    You are absolutely correct. When the in-line mic for cell phone usage is plugged in, it automatically disengages the headset's built-in mic. Only when the in-line audio cable is disconnected will it switch over to the headset's built-in mic. I'm not sure why Polk's President mentioned that in his address of the mic issues. Our collective issues aren't with the in-line mic from the cable, but rather the built-in mic. Melee headset users have already brought the mic issue up on several inquiries. Since the Melee & 4 Shots are essentially the same headset, I'm not confident that it's taken this long to find a solution to these existing problems. Since the 4 Shots had such an extended lead in time before the product was launched, you'd think that QA would have started troubleshooting these issues when they first surfaced with the Melee reports.
    He mentioned it because you can use the cable that comes with the 4shots (4pole 3.5mm to 4 pole 3.5mm, no inline mic) to connect your 4shots to your smartphone to test it out.

    Look at these pics posted by a redditor to see the cable that comes with the 4shots.

    http://imgur.com/a/cFBOo
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-07-2014 at 06:20 PM.

  27. #147

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    51

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    He mentioned it because you can use the cable that comes with the 4shots (4pole 3.5mm to 4 pole 3.5mm, no inline mic) to connect your 4shots to your smartphone to test it out.

    Look at these pics posted by a redditor to see the cable that comes with the 4shots.

    http://imgur.com/a/cFBOo
    Those pics prove absolutely nothing. I have the same in-line cable for my Melee headset. If you can indeed use the built-in mic with the audio cable (version w/o the button) on your cell phone, then there's some proof that the mic is not the problem. None of those pics showed that.

  28. #148

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Very disappointed to have bought this product and it not work. The mic is terrible. Looks like I will be returning these tomorrow.

  29. #149
     Moderator 
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Hello,
    Just received this:

    "Thank you for all of your feedback on the 4Shot headset - we're reading every comment. Some 4Shot users might notice an issue with microphone sound pick up in chat modes. Be assured there is no issue with the headphone hardware. Testing 4Shot with your smartphone will show the mic works great.

    We pride ourselves on our audio heritage and will work with our partners at @XBox collaboratively to improve chat and all current 4Shot users will be able to download an update in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience and please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.

    We will keep all of you updated on our progress. Please don't hesitate to keep the feedback coming.

    -The Polk Audio Team"

    Ken
    Recent bumpersticker: "Before you criticize someone walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry he'll be a mile behind you - and shoeless!"

  30. #150

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyCG View Post
    Mic is very low sounding on my phone as well. Kinda scared
    Just tried the same thing and it is really low also. Definitely a design flaw. Very unfortunate because i really enjoy the sound and design of these headphones. Im not sure if the firmware update is going to fix that much because it sounds a bit muffled and doesnt work as well as my phone recording sound 10ft across the room.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FYI Polk Monitor 7a's vs 7c's comparison
    By Mystery in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 12:51 PM
  2. 4shot
    By bryanboru1979 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 08:15 AM
  3. Polk SDA 2Bs verses Vandersteen CEs ???
    By geppy1 in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2012, 11:49 AM
  4. polk audio sr6500 comparison
    By CH2500 in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 12:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts