Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lsaf 2014

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Anyone have a couple extra power cables they can bring? I don't need anything fancy, just decent cables. I'm gonna have to completely dismantle my setup to get to my cables, so if someone has a couple that are handy they can bring I'd appreciate it.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Am here and setting up. Rm 225
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    Anyone have a couple extra power cables they can bring? I don't need anything fancy, just decent cables. I'm gonna have to completely dismantle my setup to get to my cables, so if someone has a couple that are handy they can bring I'd appreciate it.
    Disregard
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (10)

doug, what system are you setting up?
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Room 302
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 05-02-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    I've never really critically tested the Oppo as a preamp, so we'll see how that goes this weekend.
    I am looking forward to your impressions on the 105 used as a preamp. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

I'm in 307. Head is pounding from last night... This is gonna be fun.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I'm in 307. Head is pounding from last night... This is gonna be fun.
    Been up since 4 this morning. You guys gonna grab breakfast somewhere?

Halen

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If I plan to be there around 4 is that too late? I just saw schedule 10-6pm was thinking it would go on later than that.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, Dared SL-2000A , B&K ST-202 , DacMagic
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azur 640A v2, Polk MicroPro 3000, Audioquest Dragonfly
    Cables: AQ Diamondback, Sidewinder, Kimber 4tc

Hope everyone has a great time this weekend......get your listen on, and have one for me!

Wink

is that a ghost roaming the hallways of the hotel moving from side to side? no it's only russ........drunk!
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Pics anyone

Bueler, Bueler
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    Pics anyone

Bueler, Bueler
    Give em a week to sleep off the booze ... then the pics will come hehehe...
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Give em a week to sleep off the booze ... then the pics will come hehehe...
    Yes it was a rough one
    Attached Images  
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

Also had a couple cases of very good home brew recipe by Russman produced by his brother

Blowtorch Audio Werks-Hogged Up Pepper Lager
    Attached Images  

Now on to audio....
    Russ and I have teamed up to produce speakers. The two of us have similar taste interests when it comes to audio both like to keep it simple and produce big accurate sound in a small package. So after a year of trials and tribulation the design for the first pair of Blowtorch Audio Werks monitors is complete. Russman of course is the engineer, I am just the support and adviser.

We have finalized the mechanical design which includes the drivers, crossovers, and cabinet dimensions. We will now be moving forward finalizing the aesthetics for production as we received excellent feedback and response while debuting at LSAF this year. The pictures shown below are not the actual production speakers as these were just the final designs of prototype.

The speakers provide excellent full sound, 12db octave centered @ 2K and are tuned flat to 30hz. They are easy to drive 90db efficient @ 8ohms. They produce excellent sound stage and image extremely well and easily rival my Dynaudio C1 II's but with there own soul and character.

We are very excited as LSAF approached we were on pins and needles, hoping they would show as well we thought, and they came through for us 10 fold.

We ran the speakers on a simple cost effective gear: Jolida integrated amp, Joida FX tube DAC, sourced with a Rega Apollo-R cdp, and a Bluesound audio vault and steamer.

I would like to give special thanks to a few of our very close audio buddies as they stood by with honest opinions during a few few short comings over the last year. DSkip, Halen, Danny (assimilated), and Marvin (Marvdai) which they had some sneak peeks....and as always had another great time with you guys at show as always.

2014-05-03 12.05.22.jpg
    2014-05-03 22.09.36.jpg
    2014-05-03 21.29.27.jpg
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 05-05-2014 at 08:43 AM.

oops
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 05-05-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    oops
    Did you throw water all over your monitor while making a point?
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Did you throw water all over your monitor while making a point?
    Almost, could get the damn pics to open up full on the post....grrrr.....uuugh

Now on to audio....
    Russ and I have teamed up to produce speakers. The two of us have similar taste interests when it comes to audio both like to keep it simple and produce big accurate sound in a small package. So after a year of trials and tribulation the design for the first pair of Blowtorch Audio Werks monitors is complete. Russman of course is the engineer, I am just the support and adviser.

We have finalized the mechanical design which includes the drivers, crossovers, and cabinet dimensions. We will now be moving forward finalizing the aesthetics for production as we received excellent feedback and response while debuting at LSAF this year. The pictures shown below are not the actual production speakers as these were just the final designs of prototype.

The speakers provide excellent full sound, 12db octave centered @ 2K and are tuned flat to 30hz. They are easy to drive 90db efficient @ 8ohms. They produce excellent sound stage and image extremely well and easily rival my Dynaudio C1 II's but with there own soul and character.

We are very excited as LSAF approached we were on pins and needles, hoping they would show as well we thought, and they came through for us 10 fold.

We ran the speakers on a simple cost effective gear: Jolida integrated amp, Joida FX tube DAC, sourced with a Rega Apollo-R cdp, and a Bluesound audio vault and steamer.

I would like to give special thanks to a few of our very close audio buddies as they stood by with honest opinions during a few few short comings over the last year. DSkip, Halen, Danny (assimilated), and Marvin (Marvdai) which they had some sneak peeks....and as always had another great time with you guys at show as always.
    Looking forward to hearing more about them once they are "fully" finalized. Bet they would make for a VERY nice pair of bookshelves for my 2 channel system, though I have this feeling their pricepoint may be higher than I want to spend with my cheeep a$$$ .

Now get back to drinking Gatoraide and Pedialite
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

maybe i can get the home boy special.
    Main system

Now on to audio....

Attachment 97285
    Attachment 97287
    Attachment 97286
    Very nice work and congratulations on the launch of your speakers. What drivers are you using? Is that a ScanSpeak D2010/8513 you are using for the top end?

Quote Originally Posted by breal74 View Post
    Very nice work and congratulations on the launch of your speakers. What drivers are you using? Is that a ScanSpeak D2010/8513 you are using for the top end?
    Thanks breal74, we are using a Morel soft dome providing excellent top end with absolutely no fatigue as we through some of the best hi-res female vocal tracks at them this weekend at LSAF a hi reference level that rang through the hotel atrium while the door was open along with fast track drum demo cd's maintaining and showing off the speed and depth the speakers could handle on the low end.

Sucks that I missed out. I pretty much slept 16 hours on Saturday dealing with a cough and sinus infection. Finally getting over it.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, Dared SL-2000A , B&K ST-202 , DacMagic
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azur 640A v2, Polk MicroPro 3000, Audioquest Dragonfly
    Cables: AQ Diamondback, Sidewinder, Kimber 4tc

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I was only able to make it out for a few hours Friday night, but I had a great time and heard a few pretty awesome systems.

Ron: You and Russ have a winner. I listened for about 15-20 minutes and was very impressed. As is, you have a very nice speaker, but I can't wait to see the finished product.

Skip: I agree with you in the other thread where you said your system was not as good as it is at your house. BUT, that's way more a compliment to how it sounds at you house. It was nice listening knowing that I own the same speakers now. Many thanks to you for that.

Danny: You had to have had the simplest, most bare bones system there, but it was awesome. For those that don't know, his system was an Oppo 105, Parasound amp, and Maggies (sorry I don't remember model #'s). You'd have to hear it to know how great such a simple setup can sound. I really, really enjoyed listening to this setup.

My wish list now consists of an Oppo 105 and Doug's Alpha cables. A mere 2 grand. I could probably go for some tubes also. And maybe a pair of the Blowtorch prototypes. The real deal will probably be out of my league:)
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

a bit late but here are some nice pictures i found for 2014.
    http://lonestaraudiofest.com/2014/Photos/
    Main system

Never to late :)

Thanks

think I may try and drive down to it next year.

1498-1501 was my setup for the show.

Cool I though when I seen the Usher that those were your maybe :)

1495-1497
    Was our room

Here is a prototype revision, still a work in progress but closer to production final
    Attached Images  

Thread Information