Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Subwoofer Static

I just setting up my home theater with a new PSW110 sub and new Onkyo TX nr626 receiver.
    I am getting static through the subwoofer. I am using a shielded Monster cable to connect to
    the LFE jack. I have moved the sub away from the receiver and even plugged it in a different outlet.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hello, pikerunner and welcome to the forum. Let's try to diagnose your issue. First, let's try to isolate whether or not it is the sub.

Take the interconnect out of the LFE jack and connect it straight to a left or right main speaker output jack. Does the static remain?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

yes, no change. I also swapped out the cable with no change.

Okay, it seems as if it may be the sub woofer itself. Was this sub purchased new from an authorized dealer or used?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Purchase brand new from Crutchfield.

I believe a call to Crutchfield is in order for a return. I'm still curious as to why static [upper frequencies] would be coming from a sub woofer that only produces low frequencies. Could you please describe, in your best words, what happens and what you hear when you power up the sub?

Tom

Just more of a crackling static sound. It is much like radio static between stations. It gets worse as more bass increases. Thanks for ypur help. It is most appreciated!

That is a bad sub. Call Crutchfield first. I believe they are an authorized dealer so you should be in good hands.

Tom

Thread Information