Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Diablo 3

So... who's getting it? One more week...

I'll be getting the collectors edition, the first time I'll have ever done that. If any members want to join up and slay some minion, I'll definitely be up for it.

I've got the collector's edition bought and paid for. Looking forward to the 15th!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Prepaid and on the way day of. We already downloaded it , played the Beta and awaiting release date.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Jammed the beta as well. I"m torn. Felt like TONS of clicking, but it is Diablo...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

I played the beta too. After spending some time with it, I think I like the changes they made. It'll be interesting to see how it stands after a few play through's though.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

I've pretty much quit video games in the last few years, but it is Diablo and I mastered the first two... Let's say yes. :)

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Haven't played since the original, may give this a whirl though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'm thinking about ordering this since it comes out tonight at midnight. I loved the first two, but didn't get to play the beta for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering this since it comes out tonight at midnight. I loved the first two, but didn't get to play the beta for this one.
    Its different, but the gameplay is the same. After playing the beta for a few hours, I'm thinking I'm going to like the changes they made. I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like you are going to be able to just rush a lvl. 1 to Hell and power level like you used to. You actually have to play through the game.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    Felt like TONS of clicking, but it is Diablo...
    It is indeed. Too much clicking for my tastes. Never got into the first two either for that same reason.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Lots of trouble with servers overseas...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Looking forward to it, not sure if a midnight release tonight?

All the leveling, upgrading and collecting of items of an MMORPG, except without the MMO or much of the RPG. Basically a modern-day Zelda. With more 1000000x more button tapping (mouse clicking).

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII

Does anyone here that bought the game have their guest pass that they are not planning to use? I would like to try this out before I drop the $60 for it. Thanks!!

I bought the game last night and played a short bit, first couple of quests... different but so far enjoying it. The errors... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    I bought the game last night and played a short bit, first couple of quests... different but so far enjoying it. The errors... not so much.
    PM me your email if you want to join up anytime. The server issues are a pain, but I expected that to happen for the first few weeks. I actually think its been a rather smooth sail so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Does anyone here that bought the game have their guest pass that they are not planning to use? I would like to try this out before I drop the $60 for it. Thanks!!
    In a month Diablo 3 will open up a Starter Edition sort of like Starcraft II and World of Warcraft's versions. This one will let you play the same content that was in the beta. All five classes will be playable up through the Skeleton King and with a level cap of 13.

If you decide that the month wait to play a demo of the game is unbearable, then you should really consider purchasing the game now. It is surely worth it!

I played through all of Normal already with two of my friends, and we're on Act II of Nightmare difficulty. I'm loving the game and cannot wait to get home from work each day to play some more! Thank goodness the weekend is fast approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by piker View Post
    In a month Diablo 3 will open up a Starter Edition sort of like Starcraft II and World of Warcraft's versions. This one will let you play the same content that was in the beta. All five classes will be playable up through the Skeleton King and with a level cap of 13.

If you decide that the month wait to play a demo of the game is unbearable, then you should really consider purchasing the game now. It is surely worth it!

I played through all of Normal already with two of my friends, and we're on Act II of Nightmare difficulty. I'm loving the game and cannot wait to get home from work each day to play some more! Thank goodness the weekend is fast approaching.
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    PM me your email if you want to join up anytime. The server issues are a pain, but I expected that to happen for the first few weeks. I actually think its been a rather smooth sail so far.
    DSkip has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Audiophile

I just picked this up and am looking for people to play multiplayer with. Maybe we should post out battletags here or if you prefer not to, just PM me so I have some people to play with. Thanks!

Anyone hear rumor that there may be a console version of this coming?

Audiophile

I've had D3 for about two weeks now, and usually can't play for more than 5 minutes with it crashing. I've played for an hour before no problem, it's also crashed on the load screen, so caution to any buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    I've had D3 for about two weeks now, and usually can't play for more than 5 minutes with it crashing. I've played for an hour before no problem, it's also crashed on the load screen, so caution to any buyers.
    Most likely a hardware or driver issue. Start a thread on it and start troubleshooting.

Audiophile

It seems I'm having CPU overheating issues. When the game closes itself, my CPU's at 65 degrees and my GPU varies from 55-75 degrees. I've adjusted fans and air flow seems to be optimized and the GPU seems to be staying cool. Any ideas on how to lower CPU temps?

BTW: this is running D3 with all graphics turned down and reduced resolution, when I've never had a problem with any games including FPS...

No clue, but I do have issues the first 2 minutes of action. After that, it clears up quickly. No real temp issues, just performance. Hit me up sometime and we can get the Polk group playing together (if the other guys pick it up again someday...).

This is one game I will never play. I will not give a company money for a game that I NEED to be online connected to there server and if they don't like something they can take away my rights to play it. Plus if your connection dumps or there server dumps then what? I loved D2 for the LAN party's I would host and I will not pay for the lack of rights they offer. Would you pay for a CD that they they told you when and how you could use it?
    Absolute corruption empowers absolutely.

Lg 55LW5600 TV
    Onkyo PR-SC 5508
    Legacy Audio Focus SE
    Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD center
    Polk F/X500i Rears
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Sunfire Grand Cinema
    Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP
    Pair of CraigSUB SS-18.1

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and dont have any problems.

I got to Inferno and took a break. I couldn't afford upgraded gear and I didn't want to farm for it. Now me a couple of friends have strated back up and trying to get through A2 inferno without spending "millions" on gear. I enjoy it more than before because inferno is a challenge, while the first 3 difficulties were way too easy.

I wish there were more hotbars (at least 8) so we could more abilities on tap instead of just 4 plus 2 mouse buttons allowed.

My wife doesn't like the game because I do play it quite often, but my kid loves watching me. He shouts "Get the big monster/spider/thing daddy!"
    Living Room:
    Paradigm Cinema 330 x 3, Pioneer 9040TXH

Media Room:
    RTi12, CSi5, F/Xi3, RTi4, Onkyo SR805, SVS PB12 Plus/2, HSU MBM

I didn't pick this game up because I played so much D2 that I was afraid to buy D3 just for the time suck it would become for me. Stupid addictive personality.

Quote Originally Posted by bencorn View Post
    I didn't pick this game up because I played so much D2 that I was afraid to buy D3 just for the time suck it would become for me. Stupid addictive personality.
    Not quite as addictive as D2 is.

Thread Information