Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carpet spikes

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Carpet spikes

I just purchased a used set of lsi 25's and they did not come with carpet spikes. I called polk and they gave me the number to the Canadian rep. The Canadian rep says they aren't available anymore. I have checked on parts express, and am not sure what type of thread they use. hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. Or maybe polk can step in and send me some spikes :D
    they are a little tippy on my carpet.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

They use 1/4-20 thread.

The stock spikes are nothing special, you are better off getting aftermarket.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    They use 1/4-20 thread.

The stock spikes are nothing special, you are better off getting aftermarket.
    Yup. I bought 2 sets of stock spikes just to have them, but ended up grabbing up the Meniscus Audio spikes that were a group buy a couple years ago. Just make sure they can handle the weight
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Yup. I bought 2 sets of stock spikes just to have them, but ended up grabbing up the Meniscus Audio spikes that were a group buy a couple years ago. Just make sure they can handle the weight
    I get my spikes from them, and Mark the owner can recommend a spike based on speaker weight and flooring material.

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    I get my spikes from them, and Mark the owner can recommend a spike based on speaker weight and flooring material.
    I have sent them an email, hoping I can get something that screws right on, not interested in buggering around with inserts.
    I will have to get a set for my 15's as well :)

They use 1/4-20 thread.
    Hello!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by f1nut View Post
    hello!
    lol!

I just purchased a new pair of Rtia5's last week that came with spikes. I have no idea if they'll fit your speakers, but I will never use them and they'll probably end up in my trash. I have hard floors and will never have carpet. You can have them for free if you pay shipping, but I don't know how I'd get them to you or how much it would cost to ship to Canada or how you would pay me for shipping or anything. LOL I've never shipped anything outside of the US. I have 8, 4 from each speaker. If I can help you out, let me know.
    TV: Panasonic TC-65PS64 65" Plasma
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X4000
    Blue-Ray: XBOX One
    CD Player: Onkyo C-7030
    Fronts: Polk Rti a5
    Center: Polk Csi a6
    Rears: Polk Rti a3
    Sub: Polk DSW PRO660wi

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb01 View Post
    I just purchased a new pair of Rtia5's last week that came with spikes. I have no idea if they'll fit your speakers, but I will never use them and they'll probably end up in my trash. I have hard floors and will never have carpet. You can have them for free if you pay shipping, but I don't know how I'd get them to you or how much it would cost to ship to Canada or how you would pay me for shipping or anything. LOL I've never shipped anything outside of the US. I have 8, 4 from each speaker. If I can help you out, let me know.
    Nice gesture, kudos to you...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX01 AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Sony CDP-C8ESD CDP, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's

I purchased a set of these from Meniscus, and I have been very happy with them.

http://meniscusaudio.com/extra-points-p-1292.html

Others have referred you to Meniscus. I'm not sure whether they recommended this set of spikes, but I even enjoyed buffing them up to my own satisfaction!
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose68Bash View Post

Others have referred you to Meniscus. I'm not sure whether they recommended this set of spikes, but I even enjoyed buffing them up to my own satisfaction!
    One concern, voiced by more than one CP member, about these very spikes was that their tips aren't sharp enough to readily pierce your carpet and pad. If you're going to use them on a carpeted floor, you'll want the spikes to go all the way through. These likely won't.

Those Menisicus look the same as my Daytons from Parts Express only brass and not black.. YES 1/4 -20 and to drill the threaded insert sleeve you will need a 5/16th '' bit. Make sure besides the drill bit you have the right size allen driver to insert the threads. if you have those beige button sliders they just pop out after getting under a side w/ a slender tool. They look like old fashioned furniture tacks only bigger and plastic not brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose68Bash View Post

Those are what I was suggesting. I have 2 sets for my LSi 15's.

Quote Originally Posted by teekay0007 View Post
    One concern, voiced by more than one CP member, about these very spikes was that their tips aren't sharp enough to readily pierce your carpet and pad. If you're going to use them on a carpeted floor, you'll want the spikes to go all the way through. These likely won't.
    This is true, but in my case I liked them better than the stock ones so I kept em on

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    Those Menisicus look the same as my Daytons from Parts Express only brass and not black.. YES 1/4 -20 and to drill the threaded insert sleeve you will need a 5/16th '' bit. Make sure besides the drill bit you have the right size allen driver to insert the threads. if you have those beige button sliders they just pop out after getting under a side w/ a slender tool. They look like old fashioned furniture tacks only bigger and plastic not brass.
    The ones linked above will work with no drilling. The LSi's already have the proper parts in it, you just have to screw them on and your done
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

One concern, voiced by more than one CP member, about these very spikes was that their tips aren't sharp enough to readily pierce your carpet and pad.
    I wonder, did those folks not look at the product first?

This is true, but in my case I liked them better than the stock ones so I kept em on
    You liked the looks better or the sonic results?

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I wonder, did those folks not look at the product first?
    Good question.

I bought mine to use under my SDA 1Cs, which I have sitting on granite pavers that I bought to elevate them off the concrete floor. I occasionaly get some water in the basement.

I never intended to use them on carpet.
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Sorry for the late response everyone! Recently moved into a house and have been a little busy. Thanks for the info, it helped a lot. The meniscus extra points are not what I am looking for, I did however order the regular spikes from meniscus audio. My room is in the basement and I would like the spikes to pierce the carpet and pad and sit on the cement.

I have to give Walter Moser (the Canadian Polk rep) a shout out! I got a package in the mail today, with eight spikes for the lsi's!
    Polk customer service does it again!

Thread Information