Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default I just bought this last week - Yaqin MS-30L integrated tube amp

Sweet sounding EL34 amp. Seller is a newly established Yaqin dealer near Chicago, IL. and the only U.S. based dealer that I'm aware of. I received the amp the next day via Fedex! Included in the killer deal was a high quality power cord. I went with the Shuguang's EL34-B's instead of the Blue Glass 6CA7 tubes. Can't wait to hook the MIT's speaker cables up to this one.

Here's the link to the amp that I bought. No afilliation to the seller.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tub...ibertyville-il
    Last edited by michaeljhsda2; 01-28-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Sweet looking amp! How does it sound? What speakers are you driving it with?
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

SRS 1.2TL's

I hope you like your MS-30L as much as I like my MC-10L! I've rolled a few power tubes through mine, including SED "winged C" EL-34s and Electro-harmonix 6CA7. I highly recommend the EH-6CA7--more "balls" than the EL34 and great performance for the price.
    2.1: Peachtree DAC●iT>Yaqin MC-10L w/6CA7-EH, Voskhod 6N1P-EV>polkaudio RT25i, PSW202

5.1: ATI HD5850 HDMI Bitstreaming>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RT7, CS350-LS, RT3, PSW505, Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000

Fifty watts can power your SDA's? Good luck w your new purchase. Please keep us posted on your thoughts on your new purchase. Thanks. D

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

I currently have a Yaqin MS-20L (50 WPC) that I power the 1.2TL's with and the amp hasn't run out of power, yet still sounds great.

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Thanks for the heads up! What kind of warranty for the 30L?

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! What kind of warranty for the 30L?
    1 year parts and labor on the amp. I think the tubes are 90 days but I need to double check with the seller.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljhsda2 View Post
    I currently have a Yaqin MS-20L (50 WPC) that I power the 1.2TL's with and the amp hasn't run out of power, yet still sounds great.
    I'm a little surprised by that, as well. Not that 50 watts is not a lot of tube power. That's what I run, myself, but I'm only powering SDA 2Bs. It's fine with those! But the larger speakers?

In any case that is one sexy looking tube amp. Is that what you paid (540)? Because that's an ABSOLUTE steal for that!

Have fun!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

The 1.2TL's are perceived as difficult to drive because they are so large but that has not been the case at all. Quoted from the Polk website "The SRS Series was designed and engineered to be driven well by practically any electronics available at the time, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver (not so sure I agree with the receiver comment). They present an "easy load." We recommend that a high quality amplifier or receiver of at least 50 watts per channel be used for the best performance."

I was skeptical about that quote so I hooked a Yaqin MC-10L up to them and was amazed at how good it sounded. Excellent tight bass and beautiful midrange. No listener fatigue nor lack of power whatsoever. Friends have come over for a listen and find it hard to believe a 50 watt amp is enough to drive them but there it is.

Correct, I paid 540.00. Shipping and the free upgraded power cord came out to 575.00

CNH... is your signature "Shape of Polks to come" a play on words to the song Shape of Things to Come by the Headboys?
    Last edited by michaeljhsda2; 01-28-2013 at 10:02 PM.

CNH... is your signature "Shape of Polks to come" a play on words to the song Shape of Things to Come by the Headboys?
    Or...The Shape Of Jazz To Come...an album by Ornette Coleman??
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

I am a tube noob, so my question is why are there 8 of the small tubes on the 20L and 30L?

Also Michael, can you share which of the two you like better and why?

(I know I keep bugging you with questions but I am about to pull the trigger on one to power my SDA's so your feedback is perfect!)

I am a tube noob, so my question is why are there 8 of the small tubes on the 20L and 30L?
    4 of the tubes have to do with phase inversion and I'm not sure what the purpose of the other 4 are as the technicalities of the amp are beyond my knowledge.

I would try to get the MS-30L from Audiogon if it becomes available because he is right there in Chicagoland.
    It's really hard for me to pick one over the other as they both look and sound really good. You really can't go wrong with either one IMHO. The difference in price including shipping is only 50 -60 bucks or so. Shipping from the Canadian seller took 4 days to arrive and only took 1 day from Ray in Libertyville, IL. I've got an idea.....PM sent.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

why did you pick the shuguang el34b's over the new yaqin 6ca7's i believe the 6ca7's are made by shuguang and should have better bass.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    why did you pick the shuguang el34b's over the new yaqin 6ca7's i believe the 6ca7's are made by shuguang and should have better bass.
    They're made by Shuguang??? aw darn. The seller wasn't sure who actually manufactured them so I went with the 34's. I would have bought the blue 6CA7 had I known.

I got to give a huge "shout out" to michaeljhsda2 for letting me borrow his Yaqin MS-20L!!! Listening now and getting a taste of that sweet tube soul others rave about. This Yaqin has no problem driving my SDA 2.3TL's.

Congrats!

50 watts of tube power drove my Vista speakers with no probs. I would love to try the yaqin mono blocks but at $2500 I keep thinking there are better options on the used market

I got to give a huge "shout out" to michaeljhsda2 for letting me borrow his Yaqin MS-20L!!! Listening now and getting a taste of that sweet tube soul others rave about. This Yaqin has no problem driving my SDA 2.3TL's.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it. What setup were you running prior to the Yaqin?

Man, I would love to try some tubes on my 2B's. I know some speaker makers offer home trials of their products and a return policy that leaves the prospetive buyer even or maybe a little out of pocket for return shipping....are there any tube amp manufacturers/deales doing the same? I'm guessing not but you never know.
    Is there a big difference in sound quality of same manufacturer tube amps with same/similar tubes but more power at the same listening level?

Quote Originally Posted by muncybob View Post
    Man, I would love to try some tubes on my 2B's. I know some speaker makers offer home trials of their products and a return policy that leaves the prospetive buyer even or maybe a little out of pocket for return shipping....are there any tube amp manufacturers/deales doing the same? I'm guessing not but you never know.
    Is there a big difference in sound quality of same manufacturer tube amps with same/similar tubes but more power at the same listening level?
    Here's a Cayin on the gon' that has a 15 day trial http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tub...-scottsdale-az

There is little to no risk buying the MS-20L because if you're not satisfied with it, you could easily resell it and get most, if not all your money back. One thing I can say about the Yaqin MS20L, people seem to really like them because you rarely see them being resold.
    Last edited by michaeljhsda2; 02-12-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. What setup were you running prior to the Yaqin?
    I was using a NAD C720BEE as a temporary solution. My plan is to mod/upgrade the SDA's 1st, then get a new amp/pre.

So, tell us what you think about tubes in your system. Good...bad....?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    So, tell us what you think about tubes in your system. Good...bad....?
    The Bad:
    1. A bit noisy. For example when the amp is turned all the way down with no signal, if I put my ear up to the tweeters I can hear some noise/hiss/static. Not much at all, but my NAD is dead quite even with the volume all the way up. This is not a big deal by the way.
    2. Some male vocals sound very "chesty". Almost like there is too much in that frequency range. The NAD does not have this issue.
    3. The MS-20L has 12 tubes so rolling could get costly.

The Good:
    1. It sounds so good overall that I can overlook the 3 gripes above

The Yaqin MS-20L is a fine unit and anybody looking to get into tubes should give it a try. Like Mike said you can just resell if it's not your cup of tea. The packaging that Yaqin provides is top notch so shipping used units should not be a fear.

Love my Yaqin mc-10l
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Member Sales Rating: (10)

as one manufacturer put it, "you got no damn business with your ear up to the tweeter" good thing the signal tubes are not that expensive. i think you can get away with just rolling the front four.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Quote Originally Posted by muncybob View Post
    Just bite the bullet and get you a respectable unit for $4-500. You won't regret it and you definitely won't be shipping it back. Even a tuber w/ bleh tubes sounds better than any solid state integrated/separate I've heard of similar price. Like I said in another thread though, finding them in that range on the used market can be a bit tricky. It's not that they're steals at that price, its just that there is a good demand there with very little supply. I scoured for I think about 2 months before I finally found my amp on the Austin CL. Got it shipped to me and cost under $500 total.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Agreed ^^^

There's a mapletree 4se pre on the 'gon right now I'm lusting after for 6 bones. I need to bite that bullet too.
    Last edited by tonyb; 02-14-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Get some "real" tubes on there and also be aware that tubes are a tad noisier (hiss) than transistors. Unless you listen to your music with your ear inches from the speakers, don't worry about it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Thread Information