Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Skip.

All great responses. And I agree with assimilated. The element millenium bookies are among the best I have heard. The transition from powerful sound to detailed sound is a bridge that most people will not cross. I have been intrigued with the raal and air motive tweeter as of late. But. I feel the mids is the core of any speaker.

Regardless of the highs or the lows, the core is the mid. All else is what complicates personal preference. I regret not getting Tyler's for their implementation of seas drivers.

Halen
    Music || Chord Hugo DAC | Usher 777 DMD | B&K Ref | High Rez Digital |
    Movie || SMX ProCurve 2.35 1.30 | Seymour CenterStage xD AT Screen |
    Garage || LSIM 705 | NAD | Sony CDP |

Cool

Really? $5K for a speaker, and over half the suggestions are bookshelf? One wonders what kind of music, as well as the volume listened to, here. Half of that would grab a pair of used Legacy Focus. Cannot understand wanting a 6" woofer, when you could have 3 quality 12"s or 15"'s for the money... But then I guess, I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll. Oh well, have fun with what you like, I guess.
    Home Theater- 5.1/DTS bliss-- Source: Sony BDP-S790; Pre/Pro: Golden Theater GTX-1; Amplifiers: Golden Theater GTA-1; Speakers: Main: RTi6's, Center: RTi6's, Surround: RTi12's, Sub: KSW-12Video: RCA Scenium rear projection 52" @ 1080i.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce1971 View Post
    Really? $5K for a speaker, and over half the suggestions are bookshelf? One wonders what kind of music, as well as the volume listened to, here. Half of that would grab a pair of used Legacy Focus. Cannot understand wanting a 6" woofer, when you could have 3 quality 12"s or 15"'s for the money... But then I guess, I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll. Oh well, have fun with what you like, I guess.
    His listening room won't accompany towers with quality sound.

My dyn's produce killer bass without big woofers but don't look at the cost because I want their big brothers which cost twice as much
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Really? You missed this part of his post?
    I'm looking for bookshelves/monitors or small standers. This is going in a 12x14 room, so monoliths need not apply.
    Maybe the others are a little less rock and roll...and just a bit more reading comprehension.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I LOVE my Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus speakers. Simply put, I love the laid back sound and the clarity is awesome. If you went with a pair of monitors from SF I'll bet you'll be delighted to say the least.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

How about AAD too. I know Phil really had a hard time letting his go.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

I really like the ScanSpeak Aircirc tweeter. How about some Fritz?

http://www.fritzspeakers.com/ScanSpeak-REV_7.asp

Member Sales Rating: (31)

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

You've no idea how many times I've looked at that ad.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (20)

So what's the story on those Element speakers? Did the guys shut down, is he able to make a pair for you, have any left from before?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    So what's the story on those Element speakers? Did the guys shut down, is he able to make a pair for you, have any left from before?
    There is no story at this point.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Really? You missed this part of his post?

Maybe the others are a little less rock and roll...and just a bit more reading comprehension.
    Touche'. Absolutely missed it. More to do with attention span than comprehension, though. Anyhoo, I personally wouldn't have any suggestions, as this amount of scratch for tiny speakers is beyond my comprehension to begin with. But I certainly hope the op is able to find a listenable pair of actuators that suit his purpose, (in this price range, almost guaranteed). Lord knows, there is a buck to be made between audiophiles and audio epistemologists.
    Home Theater- 5.1/DTS bliss-- Source: Sony BDP-S790; Pre/Pro: Golden Theater GTX-1; Amplifiers: Golden Theater GTA-1; Speakers: Main: RTi6's, Center: RTi6's, Surround: RTi12's, Sub: KSW-12Video: RCA Scenium rear projection 52" @ 1080i.

Touche'. Absolutely missed it. More to do with attention span than comprehension, though. Anyhoo, I personally wouldn't have any suggestions, as this amount of scratch for tiny speakers is beyond my comprehension to begin with. But I certainly hope the op is able to find a listenable pair of actuators that suit his purpose, (in this price range, almost guaranteed). Lord knows, there is a buck to be made between audiophiles and audio epistemologists.
    I chatted with Tom a few nights ago and shared my feelings about dropping $5k on a pair of speakers. 2 years ago when I got my Usher's, I was able to walk them out the door only $650 poorer. The amount of money at that time blew me away - I couldn't believe that i just dropped that much on a single pair of speakers. However, through monetary gifts, poker winnings, and some good luck on the local craigslist, I've reached a point where I could easily reach the $5k mark if a 'keeper' presented itself. $100 here and there really begins to add up, and if you're a dedicated consumer on top of that, well within a few years you've accumulated enough assets to almost fund a new car purchase.

My addiction funds my addiction. I know I'm not the norm, but its the only way I can continue to progress in this hobby. Its also provided a wealth of experience that has helped me grow as an audiophile.

Say it like it is Skippers....you are an Ethiopian-Jew
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Does your wallet screech when you try to open it ? LOL
    Still have those High School gym shorts you wear to mow the lawn ? LOL

Um... my wallet literally can't open :D

Check on the gym shorts too. Actually, I think those shorts are from middle school.

I have to be a bit frugal still being in school and all. August should help tremendously when my salary, sadly, should almost double as a teacher.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

DSkip = Craigslist King

When you get the deals he's gotten, you can afford $5K speakers. That being said, it's his patience, dilegence, and knowledge of of pricing that allows him to get such great deals.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I chatted with Tom a few nights ago and shared my feelings about dropping $5k on a pair of speakers. 2 years ago when I got my Usher's, I was able to walk them out the door only $650 poorer. The amount of money at that time blew me away - I couldn't believe that i just dropped that much on a single pair of speakers. However, through monetary gifts, poker winnings, and some good luck on the local craigslist, I've reached a point where I could easily reach the $5k mark if a 'keeper' presented itself. $100 here and there really begins to add up, and if you're a dedicated consumer on top of that, well within a few years you've accumulated enough assets to almost fund a new car purchase.

My addiction funds my addiction. I know I'm not the norm, but its the only way I can continue to progress in this hobby. Its also provided a wealth of experience that has helped me grow as an audiophile.
    Now you're talking my language. I TOTALLY identify with this and would have a tough time budgeting 5K for a set of speakers, and besides, my wife would probably divorce me! lol

Nothing I own has ever been bought at more than 40 percent of its MSRP. And my SDAs came in at a little over $120 +$40 in transport. My JBL L80Ts refurb from JBL with a 5 year warranty at one third their MSRP. And so on.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-12-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Hmmm.....5k for bookies ? I think I could find a bookie that would please me for 3k....and spend the other 2k in the Caribbean.

Take the wife/girlfriend on a little getaway....makes those audio purchases easier to swallow for the other half.
    Last edited by tonyb; 03-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Hmmm.....5k for bookies ? I think I could find a bookie that would please me for 3k....and spend the other 2k in the Caribbean.

Take the wife/girlfriend on a little getaway....makes those audio purchases easier to swallow for the other half.
    The speakers on my list are about $2k. I expanded the budget just to see what if there was something above there that might be a game changer. I'm trying to network for an Oppo right now so speakers are on hold, but if my cables sell, I might be right back in the market to see what changes. I'm pretty damn content with my Ushers now that I've recreated the synergy I was lacking.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    You've no idea how many times I've looked at that ad.
    Stop looking and buy them. I've heard them a few times now on different gear in different rooms, simply incredible!!!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

DSkip,

How about Harbeth P3ESR, aka BBC LS3/5a. I have never heard them, but they are on my list along with Spendor.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Stop looking and buy them. I've heard them a few times now on different gear in different rooms, simply incredible!!!
    This is the monitor I'm trying to track down:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Element%20...akerReview.htm

Review done by our very own Marvin. At full price, I'd probably go after the Pulsar. At the price I'm hoping to (and thinking I can) get the one above, I don't think there'd be enough performance difference to justify the cost of a used Pulsar at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    DSkip,

How about Harbeth P3ESR, aka BBC LS3/5a. I have never heard them, but they are on my list along with Spendor.
    Harbeth is on the list of speakers that I want to hear, but given their polarizing performance, I'd never look seriously until I got my ears on them.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

If you haven't looked, check out the Vapor Sound, Evolution Acoustics, and ClearWave offerings for under 5K.

I would banged this all day long.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/ful...-manchester-nh
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by megasat16 View Post
    I'd be in for the Raal/Accutron combo! Oh, I already am...;) With some Scan-Speak Revelators below the waist.

Last edited by SCompRacer; 03-12-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Those look interesting but I hate that gaudy finish. The color, the grain; tacky!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by megasat16 View Post
    If you haven't looked, check out the Vapor Sound, Evolution Acoustics, and ClearWave offerings for under 5K.

I would banged this all day long.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/ful...-manchester-nh
    Vapor speakers are nice and sound great, but there's sometimes a very long wait. Just a FYI...

Selah audio is also worth checking out: http://www.selahaudio.com/id75.html
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Those look interesting but I hate that gaudy finish. The color, the grain; tacky!

cnh
    It's more subtle in person.

Quote Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
    I'd be in for the Raal/Accutron combo! Oh, I already am...;) With some Scan-Speak Revelators below the waist.

That's basically the Selah Tempesta
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert

Thread Information