Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default My JDS Labs C5 Headphone Amp showed up today

Well I'm pretty excited my JDS Labs C5 showed up today talked to the guy before I ordered, got a e-mail from him last Friday saying they were behind in production, and that it would be assembled on Monday and shipped. It showed up today. I will be using 2 Ipod touches, a Ipod classic, a Iphone, my Samsung S4, and my Sony CD Walkman player for sources. Everything is crammed packed with tunes which means I have thousands of selections for on the go not to mention the Cd's that I can play on the Sony. Its about the same size as the Ipod classic only a little thinner its charging now. I will report back on how it sounds soon. my on the go amp pretty excited. Thanks to Endershadow for all the suggestions.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by gudnoyez; 03-06-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Wait till you hear it.... You'll be thanking me a LOT more
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Wait till you hear it.... You'll be thanking me a LOT more
    I'm thanking you again this amp does my headphone experience a boost I spent days searching the web and feel I made the right choice for a portable amp. The gain adjustment combined with the volume is a bit tricky at first but loving this. I have 3 hours on the battery as of now will see if it lasts 11-14 hours like many reviews say I'm very happy with this purchase.

Smile pick 1 up

I finally pick 1 up for my Ipod Classic, talk to john and he recommended using the LOD cable so it bypasses the Ipod's amp letting the C5 do its work :)
    WOW with my ALAC files sure makes a big difference, played around using both my SENN HD650 & Grado RS2 and it drives them both very well :) considering one is 32ohms the other like 300ohms. but I havent decided on what portable headphones or Earbuds to use with it yet. Can't make up my mind (so many ways to go) though I do see Amazon had the Paradigm E3m earbuds for $48 when Audio advisor has them for $130.
    Attached Images  

Congrats.

One of these days I will get around to getting something like that for when I am at work.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I did it for my work, we have to use hearing protection and I've been listening to music thru crappy ear muffs.

but they decided to let us use ear buds as long as we don't hurt our hearing. So now I finally get to listen to better music :)

Thank you for the advise :) I had never thought of a good portable headphone amp or that it would make a difference but I learning a lot thanks to you Polkies :)

even though you've cost me about 6K this year.

I almost went for the red one glad your enjoying it a decent headphone amp for sure, I enjoy mine quite a bit now that the weather is nice I can use this and not blast tunes so I can hear it when sitting on the deck. Yeah it's pretty easy to spend your cash hanging out here that's for sure.

Congrats have fun!!

Thread Information