Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I went from a PSW10 to a PSW505 a few years ago and couldn't believe the difference. It was astounding. And from what a lot of people say that PSW505 doesn't compare to a lot of the other stuff that is available right now.

Went from logitech z5500 sub to a svs sb 12 nsd to a submersive.The jump to the sb 12 was a much more of a eye opener than to the submersive.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I had 8-incher powered Polk, then JBL PB12 down-firing, then a couple dozen other mid-grade subs before ending up with fully rebuilt Velodyne ULD-15 in the 2-channel (with Maggies) and two NHT SubTwo in the theater. Will be last things that I will upgrade in both systems if I ever get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post
    Went from three...yes...three PSW505's and a PSW650 to a HSU VTF-15h.

That single HSU put out more bass at any volume than the three PSW505's could possibly muster. And did it cleanly where the 505's sounded like half dead flapping goldfish in comparison.

Now I have two 15H's.

While I haven't heard many other similarly priced subs, all the reviews seem to suggest it's the biggest bang for the buck sub on the market right now.
    This sub from HSU is amazing. I have owned it for a little over a year now and everybody that watches a movie in my theater comments how clean and deep the bass is. It truly is amazing and the price makes it even better. I had a velodyne before that I bought for around $600 about 14 years ago.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Polk PSW 450, amp died in stages, first the LFE input, I ran with R/L speaker level for a few years, then that too quit. I bought a SVS PB1000, it sounded great but didn't give me everything I wanted. SVS has an upgrade policy that I took advantage of and I now have the new PB2000, I absolutely love it and I highly recommend SVS, they are undoubtedly the best customer service company I've ever dealt with.
    David

Older thread, but I think its a good reference thread for all those folks debating whether or not to bite the bullet on a "real" subwoofer. I've owned a number of subs that did not plumb the sub-20 hz depths that were still great and very enjoyable subs. Now I think that if I had gone straight from a PSW-10 or even 505 to my current SVS I would have a black and white opinion, but I didn't and it taught me that there are some really good subs in the middle ground that a fast, tight, musical and hit a true 25 hz, which will be very satisfying for all "pop" music and most movies/games. The Mirage BPS 150i was a great music sub, as was the OMNI Prestige 10. The ACI Force was the best music sub I have ever owned, flat to 20 hz and extremely tight and fast, but pricier and rare. But there is still a pretty big difference on BD soundtracks with truly deep bass with my former HSU VTF-3r or current SVS. They just growl and fill the room in a way the smaller ones can't. So I do think that it is worth saving up and making one long-term purchase, but it's not like you can't get a solid sub for less$$$...

I had a BIC f12 and I thought I was a great sub...especially for 180 bucks. I recently got the SVS pb1000, and IMO it beats it hands down..clean, tight,thumpy,thunder rolling bass! No boxiness or boominess at all!! I thought I knew deep bass with the BIC, but after hearing the SVS, it makes the BIC sound like a MBM lol...IMO. Its a lil heavier on the wallet, but its worth it in the end ;-)
    My 3.1 HT setup: Pioneer SP-FS52x2, Pioneer SP-C22, SVS PB1000, Denon AVR 1613, PS3 slim, Samsung 46" 3D TV.
    My 2ch Music setup: Polk R40s, Yamaha RX-496 stereo receiver, Auvio Bluetooth w/NFC Music Receiver, JSI DVD/CD Player with HDMI upconvert.

The sub that floored me (literally0 was in my friend's HT... He had a pair of JL Audio F212s...

I was in my friends room listening to the Beastie Boys, lol..

Thread Information