Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer help

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Computer help

A friend asked me to look at their computer it was not booting up just kept rebooting..
    Anyway they are running Windows XP and I'm running Windows 7 I have pulled the hard drive from their computer and put it in my dock to save her data..
    The problem I'm having is every time I try to copy or open a file it says I need to enable permissions to access these files and or folders.
    Then it presents me with the security screen and permissions but I don't know what to select in the windows, I have selected my computer name and admin name but it still won't let me open these files..
    Even when I click on a file that has a .wrd or excel ext, the program opens and it says you don't have permission or you need permission to open these files..
    I need to save them for her on a USB.
    Any helpful advice would be Greatly appreciated Thanks
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

tough one, I understand it would say that if you try to access the files, but to just copy them is a real teaser. Have you tried just copying the whole disk onto another? I hope you have the code number off their computer, I recommend a complete re-format and install of XP, as it sounds like they have some bad dll files keeping the OS from booting.
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

Thanks Recoveryone...
    I got help on another site, it's in the permissions but you have to change more than I did..in the owners tab..
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

Thread Information