Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finally....

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice score.
    Sonos has so many listening options, a DAC should enhance any thing you may be streaming locally or from the web.
    2CH Setup.
    CM9
    Sonos Pre-Amp
    Crestron CNAMPX16x60 (Bridge Mode)
    MIT AVT2 Interconnects

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I can't believe you bought anything from San Francisco. Better hope it doesn't give off any liberal (or communist as a certain member says) vibes.

Congratulations. Enjoy

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I can't believe you bought anything from San Francisco. Better hope it doesn't give off any liberal (or communist as a certain member says) vibes.

Congratulations. Enjoy
    Hey now....San Fran is a great city, love it there.....and Alcatraz makes me feel at home. No worries about those liberal cooties that may be all over it, I asked the seller to pack it in....tea bags. lol

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Hey now....San Fran is a great city, love it there.....and Alcatraz makes me feel at home. No worries about those liberal cooties that may be all over it, I asked the seller to pack it in....tea bags. lol
    Organic tea bags I presume! Did you get it yet? I can't wait to hear your thoughts even though I pretty much know what the outcome will be. You're gonna love it!!!! And with that mod you had done to the Sonos you'll even have a bigger smile once you hear it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Nah...not yet, seller isn't sending it out until this weekend so I might have it in hand midweek. Said he had to replace it with an Audio note dac at almost 3g's....it was that good for him. We shall see....

Well, I don't have to chase down anymore dead beats, the dac shipped out a few days ago with a tracking no. forwarded to me. Any day now....did manage to find this on Cary's web site. I couldn't figure out why owners really dug the USB input when it was limited, but reading how Cary does it now makes more sense.

The new Cary Audio Design Xciter D/A is more than simply a new product. The Xciter DAC contains cutting edge offerings from AKM Digital Devices along with new analog output devices from National Semiconductor. The National Semi metal can output devices were custom engineered specifically for Cary Audio Design. The heart of the Xciter D/A is the AKM model AK4399 32-Bit chip running at a 192kHz sampling rate. The soul of the Xciter D/A are the National Semi metal case TO-99 current feedback model LME4970NA direct coupled to the model LME49713 TO-99 final output devices. Over one year in development, the Xciter D/A offers a new level of home/office audio performance in a sleek, compact package. For the computer audio/video enthusiast there is nothing like driving the Xciter D/A from the USB output of your desktop, laptop or audio/video media server.

There are four selectable digital inputs on the rear panel consisting of a coaxial RCA, coaxial BNC, Toslink and a digital USB computer input. All four of these inputs are front panel selectable with corresponding blue LED’s indicating the selected source. The basic signal path of both the coaxial and Toslink inputs are software controlled and drive the AKM model AK4115 digital receiver device. The digital receiver in turn is direct coupled to the AKM model AK4399. These digital signals are then re-clocked within the Xciter D/A, sent to the National Semi metal can TO-99 current feedback output devices then out to the rear panel, single-ended RCA analog output jacks.

The USB 2.0 input receives a 24-48 kHz data stream which bypasses the receiver chip and is sent directly to the CM-108 device. This stream is then stripped as the bus separates the clock and data signals, resulting in a connection with an extremely low noise floor where jitter is almost nonexistent. This re-clocked stream is directed by the on board software of the Xciter DAC to the main AK4399 32 bit, 192 kHz processor chip, then out to the rear panel, single-ended RCA analog output jacks.

The above describes the basic operation and functionalities of the new Cary Audio Design Xciter Series Digital to Analog Converter. The advanced technologies incorporated within the new Xciter Series digital to analog converter such as digital signal re-clocking and sample rate up-conversion lead to the absolute highest sonic merits of D/A conversation currently available today.

Mind you...many other dacs now re-clock the signal, but that was a positive point for me. The up conversion, or up sampling as we put it wasn't such a draw but now I see how they do it, it makes more sense. For the 6 bones invested, I think I'll finally get the sound signature I'm looking for.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Nice snag Tony...it sounds like you're in for a real treat. You won't know what hit you when you hear what a great DAC does for your system. I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Congrats & enjoy!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds