Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    Speakers, speakers, speakers. NOTHING transforms your system more.
    And the synergy of speakers to amps- pick a speaker, pick and amp, things work.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Lets not forget the rooms influence.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

And....we're back to 'everything matters'....put the graphs, charts, and measurements down - including the blindfolds.

Ears on....and what gives you goosebumps - once you found that magic - enjoy the sonic goodness.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    Ears on....and what gives you goosebumps - once you found that magic - enjoy the sonic goodness.
    I couldn't agree more. This is what it boils down to folks. I still get goosebumps every time I turn the volume up on my big system, love the sound!
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This is what it boils down to folks. I still get goosebumps every time I turn the volume up on my big system, love the sound!
    Only one system has given me an experience close to goosebumps, and that was the Alexia setup. I enjoy my setup, but it isn't anywhere close to where I want it to be. The last 6 months I've been trying to decide the best arena to attack first, but its been nothing but a game of pong going on upstairs.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

DSkip, I appreciate what you are saying. There is always better and better out there. Me, I bought literally my entire setup on huge sale or used as my bank account is ultra modest. For what I have invested in my gear it gives me the goosebumps knowing how little money it took to reach the level I'm at now. By no means do I think my system is the "best possible" however, it tickles me well knowing what it can do to cause smiles.

Had I paid full retail on it all...I'd probably only have a pair A5s and the Onkyo, but my bargain hunting paid off, paid near half for the towers, less than half for the Onk new and I'd consider peanuts for a used amp, also open box deep discount on the CD6004. It sounds perfect to me and can at will, rattle the walls with a huge touch of class.

Sure the hopes of upgrading it further are there, but after AVR trial and error, I'm not gonna mess with the rig for a while now. I'm happy and since I paid for it, I can be the judge of that.
    Last edited by nbrowser; 03-28-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Stereos, and HT, are interesting dichotomies. I have gotten pleasure/enjoyment from every one I have had, but also knew It could be improved. As it was improved, I enjoyed it, but knew it could be better. Even now that I am starting to put together a high-end system, I know that at some point I can downsize it, and still enjoy the music. However, I will continue on the improve it road until I am forced to stop.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    However, I will continue on the improve it road until I am forced to stop.
    Sounds like a mission for Bat Kid if you ask me.

That want a jab at you or your system bro. I've been thrilled by upgrades many times and heard systems that seriously impressed. It wasn't until the Alexia rig that I truly was blown away. I think it has to do with a properly set up system in an appropriate room more than the components themselves, but I could be wrong. Since that experience, my rig is sounding SO much better that I'm disappointed everyone had to hear the sloppiness it was in January. I've gotten it much closer to the Alexia rig sound, but there are still some shortcomings that I'm trying to address through component upgrades.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Sounds like a mission for Bat Kid if you ask me.
    I would consider myself a "BAT Kid". I love their equipment and own a VK-31 and a VK-200.

I agree with many others that every piece of equipment has a sonic signature. Everything from Amps to speakers to cables. How much they affect the sound and as importantly, how transparent your system is will affect how well you can hear the sonic signature.

One thing that has not been brought up yet and is as importent as your ears and hearing quality is, how trained one is to hear these differences in sonic signatures. There is so much that goes into hearing differences in music produced from equipment that one needs to be as informed, and trained as one can be to hear these differences. I DID NOT mean that one needs to study specifications and graphs to the "nth degree" to hear these differences. Hearing what is, is not the same as "seeing what is" through numbers.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    I would consider myself a "BAT Kid". I love their equipment and own a VK-31 and a VK-200.
    With that amp, more like BAT man...
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm