Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 855 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 522 562 612 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,360 of 25648

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Need to flip record after 5 hours of MK.

Congrats on post 100.
    Neil Young; Old Ways.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Name:  0000046641_500.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  24.2 KB

Femi Kuti Shoki Shoki
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (26)

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

John Norum - Play Yard Blues

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Good evening group, and congrats to the Detroit Tigers!!

Attachment 76485
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Daggum....what to listen too now. Hello, Rick. Eh, why not...

I bet the donald is really snivelling about a-rod now. Poor poor Yankees, so sad.
    John McLaughlin; Electric Guitarist.

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

It's been a while...

Rory Gallagher; BBC Sessions.

disc two...

Attachment 76489

The Band; The Band.

Bob Dylan. Blonde On Blonde. (mono)

The Rolling Stones

Tattoo You

Attachment 76495

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Cosmo's Factory

Attachment 76496

Click image for larger version

Name:	elo.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	76500
    Click image for larger version

Name:	long wave.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	76499
    Also watched Mr. Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO documentary on the Palladia cable network the other night which was interesting and insightful. I really enjoy the music documentaries and highly recommend Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down a Dream.

Sitting down for my morning coffee, I decided to start spinning some Jeremy Davenport. Hey, don't knock it. Great recording and this kid's good.

It's a jazz CD from Telarc that was released in 1996. Here's a snippet from his website;

For nearly a decade, Jeremy Davenport has been a vital part of the New Orleans music scene. With his original lyrics and music, Jeremy infuses his unique style and mood of storytelling creating not only a modern edge, but also the distinct feeling of a lifestyle reminiscent of a time when Jazz was at its peak of popularity. He is known for his vocal and trumpet playing skills, as well as being a born entertainer. Davenport?s showing has tempted such performers as Sting, Paul McCartney, Harry Connick, Jr. and Diana Krall.

Jeremy Davenport was born in St. Louis, Missouri into a family of musicians. His mother has been a music educator for nearly 50 years and his father recently retired, after 40 years, from the St. Louis Symphony. From a young age Jeremy studied and played with members and guests of the St. Louis Symphony, which included an early introduction to Jazz great, Wynton Marsalis. Upon finishing high school, Jeremy was accepted to the acclaimed Manhattan School of Music, under the direction of Raymond Mase. He continued to develop a friendship with Marsalis and it was at this time that Wynton introduced Davenport to Harry Connick, Jr. Together they persuaded Jeremy to move to New Orleans. He enrolled at the University of New Orleans and began training under the patriarch of the Marsalis family, Ellis Marsalis ? music educator and jazz pianist. Jeremy went on to play with Harry Connick, Jr.?s Big Band for 6 years touring around the world.

In 1996, Jeremy released his first album, self-titled ?Jeremy Davenport? (Telarc, followed by ?Maybe In a Dream? (Telarc) in 1998 and ?Live at the Bistro? (AAM) in 2005. He was featured on the soundtrack to the Luke Perry film ?Life Breath?, on the ?RCA Victor? compilation, ?The Only Jazz Album You?ll Ever Need?. In 2009 Jeremy released the solo album ?We?ll Dance ?Til Dawn? (Basin Street Records) to much critical acclaim. He has been featured in GQ Magazine, People Magazine, Cosmo; and has appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the David Letterman Show.

Jeremy Davenport can be found every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at The Davenport Lounge in the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans. He is currently at work on a new album to be released winter 2012.

Drive By Truckers...Go-Go Boots
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

With Jeremy all wrapped up, I'll go ahead and spin some Harry. I've had this CD for years and never listened to it. Here goes...

The Clash; Combat Rock.

Off to something else now....

''The Only Band That Matters''; London Calling.

Just got done listening to the 40th Anniversary edition of Sheffield Labs "Still Harry after all These Years" with Harry James and his big band, live. It was so good, I'm listening to it again. Excellent recording!

Widespread Panic...Wood
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Widespread Panic...Wood
    ditto

Thread Information