Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 573 of 927 FirstFirst ... 73 473 523 563 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 583 623 673 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,190 of 27786

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Tina Turner: Private Dancer.

via MOG:
    Inspired by treitz3 and Phish...

decided to listen on MOG because I don't have the deluxe version. Actually, I will probably never have the deluxe version since I just ordered this:

Last edited by gdpeck; 01-15-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Love Little Feat! Dug out Dixie Chicken....Met a bartender that said he knew her well!! Ha!

Gorillaz...Plastic Beach (youtube)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Name:  61i2pSdugiL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  25.9 KB

Name:  61Fv2ByKsHL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  31.4 KB

John Lee Hooker and Canned Heat...Hooker N Heat (Vinyl)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (26)

You picked a good time to buy, gdpeck. That album [Little Feat, WFC on MFSL] has been just lately discontinued. Prices will only go up from here.

I'm currently listening to something I'm sure many of you will laugh at and I can't believe I'm about to post this.....but it is, after all, what I'm listening too right now. Lots of good younger years [women, smoking, drinking, partying and mischief] memories from this album.

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

David Osborne, "From This Moment"
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    You picked a good time to buy, gdpeck. That album [Little Feat, WFC on MFSL] has been just lately discontinued. Prices will only go up from here...

I'm currently listening to something I'm sure many of you will laugh at and I can't believe I'm about to post this.....but it is, after all, what I'm listening too right now. Lots of good younger years [women, smoking, drinking, partying and mischief] memories from this album.
    Regarding the MFSL Waiting for Columbus, I put off buying it when it first came out, not realizing it was a limited release. So I'm glad I was reminded to get it before all of the "reasonably priced" copies were gone. I'm excited to have it, but even at the price I paid it's expensive for a red book CD. Especially considering I recently got two Allman Brothers Band 2-disc MFSL SACDs for about what I paid for the WFC red book.

Regarding Dokken, I have some good memories of listening to them as well...

Right now, I'm continuing with more Little Feat.

via MOG:

Erroll Garner...Concert By The Sea (vinyl)

One of the best. Jazz piano.
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Quicksilver Messanger Service: Shady Grove. Nicky Hopkins on piano, give Edward The Mad Shirt Grinder a listen. PIANO at its best.

Found a track today I really like, playing it now...

Embliss - Kaleido (Retroid Remix)

Nice chillout downtempo breaks track.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

Albert King...Travelin' To California (vinyl)
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Lacuna Coil - Comalies
    System Details:
    Marantz SR 8200, Rega RP1, Marantz CD 5004, Denon DRR-680, Carver M-4.0t
    Polk SDA 1C (modified), Definitive Technologies BP-10, Polk Audio CS400i

Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris Western Wall - The Tucson Sessions CD -> ALAC

Gorillaz...Gorillaz (MOG)
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Good morning music lovers...

Attachment 79741

Bluegrass Mandolin Extravaganza Acoustic Disc (1999) CD -> ALAC

The humblest of beginnings can beget the best prizes, as is the case with this spectacular summit meeting of bluegrass mandolinists. The story goes like this: Ronnie McCoury, son of the great Del, is driving his father's 1954 GMC coach in the (where else?) Shenandoah Valley and has a minor epiphany, dreaming up what he describes as a "Bluegrass Mandolin 101." When he shares the idea with Acoustic Disc founder (and mandolin virtuoso) David Grisman, the project is off with a sprint. Next thing you know, there's eight great mandolin pickers--veterans Jesse McReynolds, Bobby Osborne, Frank Wakefield, and Buck White, and (relatively) younger maestros Sam Bush, Ricky Skaggs, McCoury, and Grisman, with Del McCoury on guitar--grabbing 34 tunes for their collective own. They open with a unison reading of "Blue Moon of Kentucky" that recalls how important mandolin ensemble music was in bridging the worlds of concert and popular music generations ago. Then the ensemble's off on a solo-rich ride, with fiddle tunes like "Old Joe Clark" offering everyone a moment in the picking light and Bill Monroe's "Roanoke" giving the session's two planners a chance to speed through in unison. Then there are banjo-tune adaptations like "The Cakewalk" and numerous episodes of influence, where you have Wakefield, one of Grisman's 1960s-era mentors, jamming on "Mexican Stomp." The pickers also get an opportunity to introduce many of the cuts with a short monologue on the tune's genesis and intent. As if that all weren't enough, the set also comes slipcased with a generously colorful booklet that breaks down each tune and features mini-essays on each soloist and lovely photos of their preferred mandolin. Far more than a simple anthology of trad-grass mandolin music, this is a lengthy paean to the instrument and its great practitioners. --Andrew Bartlett
    Last edited by 4xoddic; 01-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Loretta Lynn

Honky Tonk Girl: The Loretta Lynn Collection (disc 1 of 3)

1994 MCA Records

Attachment 79742

The Band....Rock Of Ages.....Bob Dylan and The Band Before the Flood!

hochpt21: you must've received your albums from George. Hooker & Heat. Albert King. Some good stuff there. George still has some really good Savoy Brown available, I already have a good SB collection or I'd be all over it. Muddy Waters Hard Again is also an awesome album, produced by Johnny Winter, and JW plays on it as well. James Cotton might play harp on it too if my memory serves me. Maybe even Pinetop Perkins.

Rick 88, you have some fine stuff in yer collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    Rick 88, you have some fine stuff in yer collection!
    Thank you! As you may have noticed, I like a wide variety of music...

Me too,as far as music goes,variety is the spice of life isn't it?

Thread Information