Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 618 of 930 FirstFirst ... 118 518 568 608 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 628 668 718 ... LastLast
Results 18,511 to 18,540 of 27886

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Round About Midnight - Miles Davis
    Format: Vinyl

Its a vinyl night

Name:  71b3JXHb85L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  29.3 KB

Budgie-Never Turn Your Back On A Friend
    Breadfan kicks you now what, the band that inspired Mettalica, they did a good cover of Breadfan on Garage Inc.

pepster

Pepster, you like the Robert Plant & Alison Kraus Raising Sand album? You gotta like.

Name:  51U3t5hrneL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  17.8 KB

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Pepster, you like the Robert Plant & Alison Kraus Raising Sand album? You gotta like.

Attachment 81860
    I like anything Alison, Plant or not!
    Last edited by pepster; 02-23-2013 at 10:12 PM.

pepster

Attachment 81860
    I've heard it and love it!!!!
    Last edited by pepster; 02-23-2013 at 10:09 PM.

More vinyl from Greg Brown's beautiful and talented daughter, Pieta Brown.

Name:  61gdWNZFMOL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  29.0 KB

Time to put the home theatre to some use with an old western.
    '' The Wild Bunch ''

More vinyl from Greg Brown's beautiful and talented daughter, Pieta Brown.

Attachment 81861
    I have this on vinyl twice!! One autographed and one not.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Attachment 81860
    Raising Sand is one of my favs.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

pepster

I am slowly working my way through my collection...cleaning and then adding to the listening stock.

Two fresh ones for tonight.

The first time I ever bought an lp was in 2007. I know I came out of the store that day with Neil Young...Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere and my current spin...

Name:  2030969.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  21.0 KB

Turned out to be a Philippine import. I was spinning them on a $50 Crosley reproduction plastic jobby...but even then it sounded sweet.
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

That is what I thought of when you posted.
    Thanks, love it!! Yep, that's the version that is on the one I played...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Fellas,

I went to my mothers today to get my old Denon cassette deck I've had in storage there for 7 years, with the intent for sell it... After shining her up and cleaning the heads, I'm now reconsidering that thought... The Buck Owens selection was on cassette, and now this one... I'm feeling a bit nostalgic playing these tapes I haven't heard in years, and were either never released on CD, or they are out of print and VERY expensive if you can even find them... And this Denon is a very nice deck (model number DR-M22), it's a 3 head, full logic machine, that when new in 1984 had an MSRP of $420... And upon a bit of research the wooden side panel models appear to be somewhat rare... Hmmmmmmm, I don't know, anyone interested in a nice 'ol tape deck .........................

Marsha Thornton

Self Titled

1990 MCA Records

Attachment 81863

Attachment 81868Attachment 81869
    Last edited by Rick88; 02-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Looks purdy!
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Fellas,

I went to my mothers today to get my old Denon cassette deck I've had in storage there for 7 years, with the intent for sell it... After shining her up and cleaning the heads, I'm now reconsidering that thought... The Buck Owens selection was on cassette, and now this one... I'm feeling a bit nostalgic playing these tapes I haven't heard in years, and were either never released on CD, or they are out of print and VERY expensive if you can even find them... And this Denon is a very nice deck (model number DR-M22), it's a 3 head, full logic machine, that when new in 1984 had an MSRP of $420... And upon a bit of research the wooden side panel models appear to be somewhat rare... Hmmmmmmm, I don't know, anyone interested in a nice 'ol tape deck .........................

Marsha Thornton

Self Titled

1990 MCA Records

Attachment 81863

What is this "Tape" you speak of?
    Looking at the big 50 pretty quick, I have a vague memory?
    Last edited by pepster; 02-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Its real purdy. Hochpt21: That Pieta album was supposed to come autographed from her record label but wasn't. That song Faller is just outstanding. She was playing it a lot live and I'd just about cream my shorts every time I heard her sing it. Oops, was that out loud?

Name:  th7.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  6.4 KB

Time to mellow out the selections heading down to Lincoln Town.
    John Hiatt- Crossing Muddy Waters. Haven't made it to Barry White yet after this and another brew, I just might put Barry White on who knows what it might lead to!!!

pepster

Barry White
    Got a date?

I've retired to the bedroom to watch Esperanza Spalding on Austin City Limits (with headphones so I can play it loud ), and 5 minutes in I love her even more than I already did... This would be an excellent candidate for a Blu-Ray release... Anyhow, goodnight group, more tomorrow......

Attachment 81874

pepster

I've retired to the bedroom to watch Esperanza Spalding on Austin City Limits (with headphones so I can play it loud ), and 5 minutes in I love her even more than I already did... This would be an excellent candidate for a Blu-Ray release... Anyhow, goodnight group, more tomorrow......

Attachment 81874
    Alright, I'm impressed Rick!
    Pretty killer show here:

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    What is this "Tape" you speak of?
    Looking at the big 50 pretty quick, I have a vague memory?
    I hear ya bro...

So, you turn 50 this year too? I will in July...

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    Alright, I'm impressed Rick!
    Pretty killer show here:
    Oh yeah, I have all her music, she's extremely talented... And equally adorable as well, I think it's impossible not to fall in love with her...

Cool set too with the giant boombox, huh??!!

Vinyl...so good!!

Name:  cover_54531715102008.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  96.1 KB
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Fellas,

Marsha Thornton

Self Titled

1990 MCA Records

Attachment 81863

Rick I got a Denon DMR M12 not as nice as yours but I say hang onto it, also have a lot of stuff on cassette that you can't find on any other format, memory lane is where it's at these Denons sound pretty good. Damn Pepster time to start buying just for men to get those grays out, no play for mister gray, 50 huh I to will reach that plateau on the end of march, don't need just for gray yet. The wife says not in the mood for Barry White tonight dang it she did want a Becks And Neil Young- After The Gold Rush, her favorite Neil, up next. Have a good one everyone

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Rick I got a Denon DMR M12 not as nice as yours but I say hang onto it, also have a lot of stuff on cassette that you can't find on any other format, memory lane is where it's at these Denons sound pretty good. Damn Pepster time to start buying just for men to get those grays out, no play for mister gray, 50 huh I to will reach that plateau on the end of march, don't need just for gray yet. The wife says not in the mood for Barry White tonight dang it she did want a Becks And Neil Young- After The Gold Rush, her favorite Neil, up next. Have a good one everyone
    Yeah, it actually sounds pretty good, I'll probably hang on to it... Speaking of sounding good, this Esperanza Spalding show sounds REALLY good through the headphones!!

P.S. - I have a heck of a caffiene buzz, I'm gonna hang around for a couple more...

Attachment 81876
    Last edited by Rick88; 02-23-2013 at 11:47 PM.

So, you turn 50 this year too? I will in July...
    Must be nice to be a youngster.

Sorry Rick it's a DMR M11 hey just shut off Neil and am joint you in that Esparanza she sure kind play that stand up bass nice little solo there enjoy it Rick.

Thread Information