Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 925 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 676 716 766 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,980 of 27731

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

outstanding on 180g

Name:  MI0000797861.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  49.1 KB

George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Bad To The Bone

1982 EMI America

Attachment 86056

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Yikes, I just noticed that this thread is on page 666!!! We need to hurry up and move it on to 667, ASAP...LOL.....

John Fogerty

Centerfield

1985 Warner Bros. Records

Attachment 86057

Tool Undertow

The B-52's: Time Capsule
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

I'm trying to chill on the vinyl spending spree. So I'm listening to some Zappa on MOG to keep me off of GG's thread.

So far Hot Rats and Waka Jawaka.

I know most of you will *facepalm*, but I just found Zappa less than a year ago. I definitely prefer instrumental Zappa.

I have Burnt Weeny on vinyl and would like to definitely pick up Hot Rats and Grand Wazoo.

But for now, *sigh* MOG will have to do
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Creedence - Cosmo's Factory - the CD layer of an SACD copied onto the music server.

Dio: Holy Diver
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

I have one vinyl album that I recovered after the flood in 93. I had to pry it from the basement floor.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  381.5 KB
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

The Beatles: 1
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Today is going to be a nice day, with a high of around 80 degrees, before the rain returns tomorrow... Therefore, I'm going to take a motorcycle ride, perhaps up to the lake to my new friend Mary's father's place...

For now, I'm listening to another one of the records I picked up at the thrift store the other day... I picked up several @ 3 for $1, some of which are going to be used as wall hangings because the LPs are in bad shape. This one was meant to be used as such, but after cleaning, it sounds surprisingly good and clean...

Attachment 86072

Have a nice ride Rick.
    Neil Young: On The Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Have a nice ride Rick.
    Neil Young: On The Beach.
    Hey bud, what's new? I was hoping to see you here last night...

Virgin vinyl...first time spin. I think this is the 2nd most I've ever spent on an album. Well worth it.

Mad Season...Above

Name:  mad_season_above_rsd.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  27.8 KB
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Name:  number of the beast (450x442).jpg
Views: 127
Size:  103.8 KB

Here you go Rick, I haven't played this one in a while, but it goes well with this page # and it wakes you up to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Hey bud, what's new? I was hoping to see you here last night...
    Notta. Suffering extreme hangover last night. Much better now.
    The Cramps: A Date With Elvis.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Tom, I need to get Gilmour's Live In Gdansk, I've heard so many great things about the SQ.
    Hey, buddy. I'm glad you are enjoying the Dodd. Concerning the quote above, make sure it is on vinyl. I have this album on vinyl and on CD and the CD is just an "OK" recording. The vinyl is awesome.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Brahms " ein deutsches requiem"
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

In mono...

Attachment 86084

Name:  frankie.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  300.1 KB

Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

ZZ Top: Rancho Texicano. One of my old favorites is on it.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Tom, thanks for the tip on the Gilmore vinyl. Hochpt21: if you like instrumental Zappa, get ahold of Shut Up And Play Your Guitar, if you don't have it already. Maybe my favorite Zappa instrumental set. I only know a few guys who have the vinyl, not sure what it goes for, prolly lots, but I have the cds and the cds sound really good, its a 3-disc box set. There are also a series of live "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore ..." which are also pretty good, I haven't heard them all, Vol. II has a good "Sexual Harrassment In The Work Place" recorded in Madison in 1985. A concert I wanted to attend, but I was "too busy." Regretted it since.

Thread Information