Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 667 of 927 FirstFirst ... 167 567 617 657 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 677 717 767 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 20,010 of 27781

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I just looked and there's a vinyl "Shut Up And Play Your Guitar" on Amazon for $33, which isn't bad for a three album set, but its still $33. I was also wrong about "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. II," the song "Sexual Harrassment In The Workplace" is actually on "Guitar" another good cd, as is Vol II of "You Can't Do That." I don't know how hard it is to get "Guitar" or the "You Can't Do That Anymore" series (there's a bunch of them, at least six) on vinyl, I don't think I've ever seen them on vinyl. I would definitely start with Shut Up and Play Your Guitar in any event.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Tom, thanks for the tip on the Gilmore vinyl. Hochpt21: if you like instrumental Zappa, get ahold of Shut Up And Play Your Guitar, if you don't have it already. Maybe my favorite Zappa instrumental set. I only know a few guys who have the vinyl, not sure what it goes for, prolly lots, but I have the cds and the cds sound really good, its a 3-disc box set. There are also a series of live "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore ..." which are also pretty good, I haven't heard them all, Vol. II has a good "Sexual Harrassment In The Work Place" recorded in Madison in 1985. A concert I wanted to attend, but I was "too busy." Regretted it since.
    So far the ones I've found that I really like are...
    Hot Rats
    Waka Jawaka
    Grand Wazoo
    Burnt Weeny Sandwich

Chumlie recommended Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar also...I'm gonna have to check that one out again.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Kings of Leon Because of the Times

Member Sales Rating: (16)

aios shuffle....

Regina Spektor...Begin To Hope (mog)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: 4 Way Street ( Side 3 vinyl ) Love the guitar battle on Southern Man.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse: Sleeps With Angels.

Frank Zappa: Imaginary Desieses.

Frank Zappa...Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar (mog)
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Frank Zappa...Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar (mog)
    Enjoy

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Birds of Fire.

Rory Gallagher: Calling Card.

And for the 20,000th post in this thread...

Attachment 86131

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    And for the 20,000th post in this thread...

Attachment 86131
    Better recheck your numbers Rick.
    Rory Gallagher: Duece.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Better recheck your numbers Rick.
    Rory Gallagher: Duece.
    I noticed afterwards the thread said 19,999 replies, but if you look in the upper right hand corner of my post, it says it is 20,000??

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan

1987 EMI-Manhattan Records

Attachment 86132

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post

I noticed afterwards the thread said 19,999 replies, but if you look in the upper right hand corner of my post, it says it is 20,000??
    Indeed. Never noticed the corner numbers before. Your correct, 19,999 replies would be post # 20,000. Congrats !!!

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Indeed. Never noticed the corner numbers before. Your correct, 19,999 replies would be post # 20,000. Congrats !!!
    LOL, no big deal really... Now, if it was my 20,00th post on the forum, that would be worth celebrating...Oh what the hell, I'll crack open a beer anyways...

Cheers!!

Nice on the 20,000. I nee more time to sit and listen.

What ever happened to the guy who started this thread?

Reba McEntire

Whoever's In New England

1986 MCA Records

Attachment 86133

Bob Dylan: Highway 61 ( mono )

Hi Everybody. It's been a while since I've posted. I hope you are all well!

via MOG:

Name:  DSCF0596 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  431.5 KB

Ozzy,Toni,Geezer's, rendition of Sabbath, to bad Bill Ward did not want to join in. I have waited 33 years for a studio Sabbath with original members to come out, well worth the wait. The freakin windows are shakin the dogs are out in the yard to protect their hearing. Get it Sabbath fans I'am impressed. BTW the B-buy deluxe version has 4 bounus tracks

Glad you are enjoying, steve, you are a patient man, and it has been rewarded.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Thread Information