Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 671 of 930 FirstFirst ... 171 571 621 661 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 681 721 771 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,130 of 27889

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Indeed !!! Hell, i think the whole album is. Nice score today Rick.
    Canned Heat: Living The Blues.
    Thanks bud!! I tell ya, there is something special about looking through the record bins and picking out vinyl to buy... It makes me feel like a youngster all over again, and there are few things in life I enjoy more...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Zappa/Mothers: Absolutely Free.

I've fallen a bit behind, and it's time to catch up... I've been cranking the music up so much lately, that one of the tweeters in my speakers stopped working... One of the connections to it became loose with all the vibes, so I had to repair it...lol.......

Anyhow, this one just finished...

Attachment 86328

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Hey pal, CHEERS to you!! Also, it's great to have you here for the ride... The more the merrier!!!
    Ah, put the kids to sleep. Was a couple beers (and albums) behind but caught up now. One more album (and a few beers) good night soon. Modest mouse for me now. The moon and Antarctic. Great!

Cheers Rick88 & Chumlie.
    “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Cheers back. Let me know when ya wanna grab a beer.
    Frank Zappa: Apostrophe.

Don't eat the yellow snow.
    My humble setup...

...is no more.

I picked up a copy of this one today in very good condition, to use as wall art, because I already had a copy of it in mint condition... It is a GREAT record (IMHO), and it is also perhaps my favorite album cover of all time... I own the MFSL Gold CD version as well, and it is very excellent as well...

With that, this ends my playing of the ones from (now yesterday's) score... I still have one more classic LP from the haul to play, but it will be later today... I ain't done yet though...

Attachment 86329
    Last edited by Rick88; 06-16-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Frank Zappa: Over-Nite Sensation.

Uriah Heep - The Ultimate Collection

Rolling Stones: Let It Bleed.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. I'll keep the Stones theme going here:
    Rolling Stones Through The Past Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) (vinyl)

Name:  61b1XK5kvHL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  30.8 KB

Good morning all. Happy Father's Day to all the dads.

And inspired by Don...

Vinyl

Name:  16_GrandWazoo.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  334.4 KB
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Name:  41taENAnNyL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  8.2 KB

Good morning gents. '' Stedebaker Hawk, he treats the flies alright.''
    Zappa/Mothers: Just Another Band from L.A.

Frank Zappa: Sheik Yerbouti.

The Tubes: Remote Control.

The Police: Ghost in the Machine.

Happy Father's Day everyone!!

Here's the last of yesterday's haul... The LPs look pretty good, but do not sound very good, so it will be used as wall art...

So instead, I'm playing the 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition HDCD encoded set...

Attachment 86348

Just returned from my Daughter's home for a daddy day cookout. SWEET !!! Daughter, Son-inlaw, Grandkids & my Son plus beer & food and a go box to take home. Life is good. Time for another beer and a lil fun music
    The Cramps: Songs The Lord Taught Us.

Good evening group!!

I had planned on listening to music and posting here all evening, but I had to quickly get out of here after the Frampton play earlier... I saw something on Craigslist that I had to snatch up before somebody else did....

It is a Yamaha RX-V995 A/V receiver... This unit is from 1999, before component/HDMI switching, and all the other bells & whistles (and headaches that come with them) of today's HT receivers... In my experience, these units are FAR better as 2 channel amps than todays units... They have real tone control knobs, record out, and other stereo receiver type controls... I used to own it's little brother (RX-V795) back then, and my buddy owned this model... It was originally a $1000 unit, and I basically stole it. It is in minty condition, and came with the original box, remote, and manual...

I hooked it up in place of the vintage CR-1040 to make sure everything works, and so far it appears that it is fully functional, and sounds excellent... Another thing that is pretty much an afterthought in today's HT receivers is the phono section... I played a couple of LPs through this one, and it sounds great!! I am not sure what I'm going to do with it yet... I thought I'd sell it for a marginal profit, but like the CR-1040 and the Boston Acoustics powered towers I recently picked up, I will probably hold on to it. Sooner or later, the CR-1040 will need work to keep it going, and I really should have a backup unit...

Anyhow, here's a few pics. I just finished the Stones disc, and now I'm playing SRV's "Couldn't Stand The Weather" on MFSL SACD...

Attachment 86357

^^^ Nice. Looks like it came right out of a time machine.
    My humble setup...

...is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by goofyGAguy View Post
    ^^^ Nice. Looks like it came right out of a time machine.
    Indeed. I have never had any luck with electronics scores around here, but for some reason lately I've hit the jackpot...

Very clean receiver. How much did you pay for it?
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Good Monday morning group...

I am continuing to put the Yamaha receiver through its paces, and I'll be keeping it hooked up for 2 or 3 days... It continues to perform flawlessly, and sounds really good as a 2 channel amp for an HT receiver (though certainly not as good as my vinatage CR-1040)... I hooked up an antenna late last night, and the tuner is also very sensitive and good sounding...

Steve Earle & The Dukes

Exit 0

1987 MCA Records

Attachment 86367

Quote Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
    Very clean receiver. How much did you pay for it?
    $60

Buddy Guy...Bring 'Em In (mog)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Thread Information