Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 734 of 859 FirstFirst ... 234 634 684 724 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 744 784 834 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,020 of 25766

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Attachment 90946

Gerry Rafferty ~ City to City ~ 1978 United Artists
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Attachment 90947

The Rolling Stones ~ Made In The Shade ~ 1973

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Mad River

Mad River was an American psychedelic rock band.
    Mad River formed at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio in April 1966. The band took its name from the nearby Mad River. By March 1967 they had relocated to Berkeley, California. There they came to the attention of cult author Richard Brautigan who launched the band into the growing hippie culture. They released an EP on the independent Wee label before signing a contract with Capitol Records in February 1968. The group's lead songwriter was Lawrence Hammond, but all of the members sang vocals. They released two albums before disbanding in July 1969.
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Attachment 90950

Rush ~ Permanent Waves

Gerry Rafferty ~ Can I Have My Money Back

Rick88
    this is far and away my favorite Rafferty LP. If you don't already own it I think it's well worth looking for.

P-man

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post

Gerry Rafferty ~ Can I Have My Money Back

Rick88
    this is far and away my favorite Rafferty LP. If you don't already own it I think it's well worth looking for.

P-man
    No, I do not have that one. I'll keep an eye out for a copy at my local records store, thanks!!

Attachment 90963

The Best Of Holly Cole ~ Metro Blue ~ 2000

Edgar Winter's ~ White Trash

Rhythm Devils ~ Play River Music

vinyl

Name:  51Z3ub7T2kL.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  36.3 KB

Julian Lennon ~ Valotte

A little mornin music ....Neil Young...Harvest...After The Gold Rush

Attachment 90968

Unforgettable ~ With Love ~ Natalie Cole ~ 1991

Attachment 90969

Terry Evans ~ Mississippi Magic (SACD) ~ 2000

I find it hard to believe, but Bill Wyman turns 77 today...

Happy Birthday Bill!!

Attachment 90971

The Rolling Stones ~ Out Of Our Heads

Alvin Lee ~ RX5 (1981)

John Mclaughlin and Mahavishnu ~ Adventures In Radioland (1986)

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Julian Lennon ~ Valotte
    I LOVE that recording... too bad that Julian ever sat down with Paul McCartney to record anything. That could have been special indeed.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I LOVE that recording... too bad that Julian ever sat down with Paul McCartney to record anything. That could have been special indeed.

I never see anyone anywhere post this album. I love it too !!

I picked this one up last week, and on my first listen I enjoyed it quite a bit, so I'm going to spin it again before the World Series game #2:

Attachment 90975

Come Dancing With The Kinks ~ The Best Of The Kinks 1977-1986 (SACD) ~ 2004 Koch

Attachment 90984

Bob Dylan ~ Bringing It All Back Home (mono)

Name:  glitterhouse.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  85.1 KBCD

The Glitterhouse The Almost Complete Recordings 1966 to 1974

Tesla/Five Man Acoustical Jam
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I never see anyone anywhere post this album. I love it too !!
    Me three! Excellent album. "Space" is a phenominal song!
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Bones ~ Waiting Here (1973)MCA
    Picked this up on my recent trip to Jerry's in Pittsburgh

Bones was an American Power Pop band that combined rock with soul and Rhythm and blues, charting in 1972 with their cover of Huey Piano Smith's song Roberta. Bones was the continuation of the band The Peppermint Trolley Company, which renamed itself and chose a new musical direction, after the group walked away from their recording contract with Acta Records in 1969.
    Bones released two albums, one on Signpost Records and another on MCA Records, as well as releasing three singles. The original line-up included Jimmy Faragher (vocals, bass, guitar), Danny Faragher (vocals, keyboards, brass, harmonica), Casey Cunningham (drums) and Greg Tornquist (guitar, flute, harmonica) Patrick McClure (guitar, vocals) joined the band for the second album in 1973.
    Last edited by pumpkinman; 10-25-2013 at 07:03 AM.

via MOG:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  141.5 KB

David Byrne: Rei Momo.

via MOG:

Thread Information