Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 932 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 164 214 614 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 27950

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Modern English-Pillow Lips.
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

zeppelin - houses of the holy.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space.

And yes I'm trying to whore it off on Ebay for a ridiculous price.:)
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I'd nearly forgotten how good Jefferson Airplane ("Gold", a Best Of collection) sounded until I received a stack of used CD's I bought from Snow in the For Sale forum a couple of weeks ago and started listening my way through them.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Listening to Clutch right now, Whiskey and Rye and drink to the dead
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Black Sabbath, "Supernaut" .......
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by gwh View Post
    Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space.

And yes I'm trying to whore it off on Ebay for a ridiculous price.:)
    Say that an image of Jesus occasionally appears on the cover. That will add a few dollars to its worth.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Jeff Beck - Performing this week.......Live At Ronnie Scott's

Tal Wilkenfeld (bass), Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), Jason Rebello (keyboards)

1) Beck's Bolero 2) Eternity's Breath 3) Stratus 4) Cause We've Ended As Lovers 5) Behind The Veil 6) You Never Know 7) Nadia 8) Blast From The East 9) Led Boots 10) Angel (Footsteps) 11) People Get Ready - with JOSS STONE 12) Scatterbrain 13) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat / Brush With The Blues 14) Space Boogie 15) Blanket - with IMOGEN HEAP 16) Big Block 17) A Day In The Life 18) Little Brown Bird - with ERIC CLAPTON 19) You Need Love - with ERIC CLAPTON 20) Rollin' And Tumblin' - with IMOGEN HEAP 21) Where Were You

Outstanding show...............the musicians are phenomenal especially 21 year old bass player Tal Wilkenfeld, what a little dynamo.

The overwhelming majority of this DVD consists of Jeff Beck's nonpareil guitar virtuosity. The instrumental performances that spotlight his inimitable whammy bar mastery, tones, riffs and fretboard prowess include "Becks' Bolero", "Where Were You'" Blast From The East," "A Day In The Life," "Stratus," "Scatterbrain," "Brush With The Blues," Big Block," and "Angel(Footsteps)." There are fantastic guest performances by Eric Clapton "Little Brown Bird," "You Need Love" and Imogen Heap "Rolling and Tumblin" "Blanket" and a sterling Joss Stone rendition of "People Get Ready." Not only is the music magical-so is the aura and ambience of Ronnie Scott's renowned Jazz Club in London. This DVD is all killer and no filler. An imperative purchase!!!!

A must have.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Coldplay - Viva La Vida
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9
    A must have.
    The BD version is on its way from Amazon! Glad to hear it's a good one!
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (8)

The Gregg Allman Band- Just Before the Bullets Fly

Gregg Allman's 4th solo album...and quite frankly it is his weakest. "Laid Back", Playin' Up A Storm" and "I'm No Angel" are all better IMO. This one is not bad...just nothing special. It's typical Allman fare with some good guitar and Allman as always is good on the Hammond B-3 organ. If one is an Allman fan it is worth having...but there are better albums out there. If one wants a taste of Gregg Allman at his solo best...pick up "Playin' Up A Storm".
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Desperation Band - Who You Are
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Gabriella Cilmi-Lessons To Be Learned

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    The Gregg Allman Band- Just Before the Bullets Fly

Gregg Allman's 4th solo album...and quite frankly it is his weakest. "Laid Back", Playin' Up A Storm" and "I'm No Angel" are all better IMO. This one is not bad...just nothing special. It's typical Allman fare with some good guitar and Allman as always is good on the Hammond B-3 organ. If one is an Allman fan it is worth having...but there are better albums out there. If one wants a taste of Gregg Allman at his solo best...pick up "Playin' Up A Storm".

How odd...I was in an Allman mood myself today - gave the whole Eat a Peach Album a spin on the turntable!

Damn, those good ol boys sure new how to jam! :D

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Jeff Beck - Performing this week.......Live At Ronnie Scott's

Tal Wilkenfeld (bass), Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), Jason Rebello (keyboards)

1) Beck's Bolero 2) Eternity's Breath 3) Stratus 4) Cause We've Ended As Lovers 5) Behind The Veil 6) You Never Know 7) Nadia 8) Blast From The East 9) Led Boots 10) Angel (Footsteps) 11) People Get Ready - with JOSS STONE 12) Scatterbrain 13) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat / Brush With The Blues 14) Space Boogie 15) Blanket - with IMOGEN HEAP 16) Big Block 17) A Day In The Life 18) Little Brown Bird - with ERIC CLAPTON 19) You Need Love - with ERIC CLAPTON 20) Rollin' And Tumblin' - with IMOGEN HEAP 21) Where Were You

Outstanding show...............the musicians are phenomenal especially 21 year old bass player Tal Wilkenfeld, what a little dynamo.

The overwhelming majority of this DVD consists of Jeff Beck's nonpareil guitar virtuosity. The instrumental performances that spotlight his inimitable whammy bar mastery, tones, riffs and fretboard prowess include "Becks' Bolero", "Where Were You'" Blast From The East," "A Day In The Life," "Stratus," "Scatterbrain," "Brush With The Blues," Big Block," and "Angel(Footsteps)." There are fantastic guest performances by Eric Clapton "Little Brown Bird," "You Need Love" and Imogen Heap "Rolling and Tumblin" "Blanket" and a sterling Joss Stone rendition of "People Get Ready." Not only is the music magical-so is the aura and ambience of Ronnie Scott's renowned Jazz Club in London. This DVD is all killer and no filler. An imperative purchase!!!!

A must have.

H9
    Been reading a lot of good reviews about this already. I hear it's on blu ray which should sound phenomenal

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Vivaldi Four seasons- My all time favorite Classical peice. A MUST if you don't have it.

AfroCuban All Stars- Distinto Differente. This is the best Latin Jazz I've ever heard. It's made by these old Cuban musicians who are Masters with their instrument all coming together. A nice treat.

Bruce Hornsby and the Range - Scenes From The Southside

A VERY NICE followup to their excellent debut album (The Way It Is). Often times when the first album is so successful, the second album is merely stuff that didn't make the cut on the first and falls far short of expectaions. That is not the case here. This one is not as good as the first but only by a little. The first two cuts, "Look out Any Window" and "The Valley Road" start the album out strong and and the rest levels off from there. Pretty good from start to finish. Hornsby's piano playing alone is worth the price of the album.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Bob Dylan's first LP 180 gram mono
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Eico ST-70 Integrated Tube Amp fully rebuilt and modded
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    DBX 3BX-DS
    DBX 224-DS
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's

Old School

I never dreamed that I would be posting this album, let alone with a positive review, but I can't stop spinning...

Biggest surprise was how musical many of the tracks are. I definitely will be adding more Iggy to the collection...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (55)

I have a pristine copy, with pristine cover, of that album Kelvin. I've been hanging onto it since one got about $600 on the auction site.

Hi Bruce!

Im checking out Mahler/Symphony no.1 in D major
    Chicago Symphony Orchestra-Bernard Haitink, Conductor:D
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    I have a pristine copy, with pristine cover, of that album Kelvin. I've been hanging onto it since one got about $600 on the auction site.

Hi Bruce!
    Sweet!!! Mine's the new sundazed version but man does it sound good for an LP recorded 47 years ago. Remastered from analog source and the best mono LP I've ever heard for sound. I just love the young raw Dylan stuff. Plus I'm showing my son Johnny how some of the early harder rock bands like Zeppelin and the Animals and Nazarath expanded on Dylan's blues style and ground out much heavier rock tunes.

Took Janey out for dinner tonight. It was her birthday and she wanted IHOP. We stopped by Boarders afterwards to walk it off and I found a remastered copy of Rush 2112 for 9.99. One of my faves. Got my cans on now listening and it sounds great.

Last edited by Keiko; 04-07-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Bo,, with tubes
    Attached Images  
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand
    Hi Bruce!
    Looks like Bruce did one of his semi-annual drive by posts....

Old School

Duck and cover, ShackDaddy.... I will try to drive by a little more often, but now on freakin' dial-up.... major suckage...

Not quite clear of the flood zone as yet. Any interest in a 2-story with a gutted 1st floor?

Right back at you, Mr. Grand...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Quote Originally Posted by Ern Dog View Post
    Vivaldi Four seasons- My all time favorite Classical peice. A MUST if you don't have it.

AfroCuban All Stars- Distinto Differente. This is the best Latin Jazz I've ever heard. It's made by these old Cuban musicians who are Masters with their instrument all coming together. A nice treat.
    Do you have the Telarc Boston Symphony version with Pearlman? Best I've heard. My favorite classical piece.
    Lots of Carver stuff and a pair of LSi9's

Augustana - Sweet and Low

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Primus - My Name is Mud

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Quote Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER View Post
    Primus - My Name is Mud
    Sweet track. Also welcome to this world is top notch!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Thread Information