Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 858 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 554 594 644 ... LastLast
Results 16,291 to 16,320 of 25713

Member Sales Rating: (0)

NPR/local public radio station

Novembre - The Blue

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Just finished this one:

Attachment 78284

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

...Now playing this

Attachment 78285

Roxy Music; Country Life.

Kevin Ayers-John Cale-Eno-Nico; June 1, 1974.

Frank Zappa; Joe's Garage Acts I, II and III.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Frank Zappa; Joe's Garage Acts I, II and III.
    the guitar solo after wet tshirt always floors me...i remember the first time i heard it..to me, as impactful as hendrix. phrasing like no one else..still

Get yer ya yas out. Rolling Stones live....Midnight Rambler!

Queen; Sheer Heart Attack.

The Soft Machine; The Soft Machine.

Thumbs up for Joe's Garage. I had not listened to that for a long time, and completely forgot that he does a reggae version of Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up.

Terry Evans

Mississippi Magic

AudioQuest Music SACD

Attachment 78287

So how they sounding Rick ? Get a chance to put any volume on em yet ?
    Bo Deans; Black And White.

They are sounding great!! Right now I'm listening at about 85db, the loudest I've been able to play them so far. I can't wait for the weekend when I'll be able to really do some critical listening...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    They are sounding great!! Right now I'm listening at about 85db, the loudest I've been able to play them so far. I can't wait for the weekend when I'll be able to really do some critical listening...
    Hi Rick,
    Congratulations on the new speakers. I'd really like a(nother) pair of LSi7s myself. I have LSi9s/LSiC as the front stage of my 5.1 system, and really love them. I bought a pair of LSi7s to use as rear speakers for that system but they didn't fit my room/mounting needs. I briefly hooked them up in my bedroom system, and was very impressed. This was a over a year ago so my memory of them has faded, but I do recall them having a nice soundstage and just the perfect amount of detail for my ears. I thought about keeping them, but "better" judgement prevailed and I sold them, knowing I might regret it. Generally, I don't regret selling them, but seeing the pair you got makes me miss them just a little. I think you'll enjoy them a lot!

I haven't posted much here lately cause I've been pretty busy. Right now I'm listening to holiday music full time. Currently listening via MOG to:

Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    Hi Rick,
    Congratulations on the new speakers. I'd really like a(nother) pair of LSi7s myself. I have LSi9s/LSiC as the front stage of my 5.1 system, and really love them. I bought a pair of LSi7s to use as rear speakers for that system but they didn't fit my room/mounting needs. I briefly hooked them up in my bedroom system, and was very impressed. This was a over a year ago so my memory of them has faded, but I do recall them having a nice soundstage and just the perfect amount of detail for my ears. I thought about keeping them, but "better" judgement prevailed and I sold them, knowing I might regret it. Generally, I don't regret selling then, but seeing the pair you got makes me miss them just a little. I think you'll enjoy them a lot!

I haven't posted much here lately cause I've been pretty busy. Right now I'm listening to holiday music full time. Currently listening via MOG to:

Thanks! I have always wanted to try a pair of LSi bookies, and I figured now was the time, while there are still some new ones to be had. My biggest concern was that my little Onkyo integrated amp would not be up to the task of driving them properly (and it does not have pre-outs), but that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue at all. It is rated at 90 wpc into 4 ohms, and is claimed to be stable down to 2 ohms. In fact, when comparing impedance curve charts of both the LSi7 and the Energy RC-10's that I also own, it looks like the 7's are actually ever so slightly easier to drive than the Energy's. So far the amp seems to run a bit cooler with the 7's. I won't comment too much on the sound of them vs the Energy's just yet, because I'm still breaking them in and experimenting with placement. This weekend will be fun as I will be doing extensive listening to them, and I'll give further impressions of them then. I will say this though: I like them enough that they will be staying in my setup, and one of my pairs of RC-10's will soon be for sale. I have a friend who is most likely going to buy them off me...

Anyhow, good to see you post here again!!
    Last edited by Rick88; 12-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.

via MOG:

Who Live at Leeds vinyl copy

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  87.3 KB

The Concert For Sandy Relief on youtube. The Who Live.
    Last edited by chumlie; 12-12-2012 at 10:28 PM.

I just discovered " Maynard Ferguson Conquistador" on vinyl. Thanks Goodwill. Forty nine cents an album!Attachment 78309

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

Thread Information