Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 927 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 557 597 647 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,410 of 27786

Member Sales Rating: (0)

White Lion-Greatest Hits after today's tragedy the song When The Children Cry got me a little sentimental I hugged my grandson earlier and told him I love him.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Joan Osborne

Pretty Little Stranger

2006 Vanguard Records

Attachment 78394
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Aerosmith - Toys in the attic
    System Details:
    Marantz SR 8200, Rega RP1, Marantz CD 5004, Denon DRR-680, Carver M-4.0t
    Polk SDA 1C (modified), Definitive Technologies BP-10, Polk Audio CS400i

Lou Reed Berlin just finished, think I'll put on Rock and Roll Animal

WSOU Tampa

Member Sales Rating: (26)

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Hello, Rick and good morning to you. What a wonderful album this is. I enjoy it often. He's accompanied by some great talent throughout that album.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Hello, Rick and good morning to you. What a wonderful album this is. I enjoy it often. He's accompanied by some great talent throughout that album.

Tom
    Hello Tom, and good morning to you as well. Indeed, it's a great album. I sure wish I'd got the SACD version when it was readily available. Nevertheless, the redbook CD sounds excellent...

Oh, wow! I didn't even know that there was an SACD of this selection. In looking at the used and new prices, I wish I had gotten the SACD when they were readily available as well. Looks like a minimum of 100 bills for an unopened one or one in close to "like new" condition. Idgit (me).

Has anybody heard the SACD and been able to compare it to the RB version by chance?

Tom

I'd really like to see this one released on SACD...

Attachment 78403

No doubt. MFSL SACD to boot. Once again, the RB ain't too shabby though. Yet another album I enjoy immensely. I loved how they mixed in the new with the old on the title track. In fact, I just listened to that album yesterday.

Tom

Member Sales Rating: (4)

While I haven't heard the "Genius Loves Company" SACD, sorry. I am wondering if any of you guys have heard the 2 MFSL Ray Charles SACD's ("The Genius Sings The Blues" and "The Genius of Ray Charles")? I have not yet, but am seriously thinking of buying them. MFSL's track record of SACD's is 100% so far for what I have heard so I am pretty sure they sound great, but a confimation would probably make me run out soon and buy them.
    Last edited by headrott; 12-15-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Greg, I have not heard any of the Ray Charles SACDs, and I'm curious as to their sound quality as well... But I agree, hopefully they are up to MFSL's usual high quality recordings...

I see the *am spammers are at it heavy again the last couple of days...

Yes they are.
    The Cramps: Stay Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Yes they are.
    The Cramps: Stay Sick.
    Hello chumlie, you must have had a good time at the pub yesterday, since we didn't "see" you here last night...

P.S. - As could be expected, I see the thread about the shootings in Conn. is getting a bit ugly.....

Linda Ronstadt

Living In The USA

1978 Elektra/Asylum Records

Attachment 78414

Name:  51B5M7T9QAL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  20.2 KB

With about 25-30 hours on the new LSi7's, they are starting to "bloom". I have noticed today that they are sounding more open/clear/detailed than they were at first, and the bass is getting tighter. The Energy's were the best speakers I have owned to date as far as having a lot of detail, but with minimal sibiliance when listening to my beloved female singers. However, the 7's are even better in this regard, as I've never heard some of my favorites with absolutely zero sibialnce before, and I'm hooked!! I'll be starting a thread (with pics!) on the new speakers sometime soon, but for now I will say one more thing: My biggest concern was that my little Onkyo integrated amp might struggle to drive them, but as it turns out it doesn't appear to be an issue at all. The Onkyo, if you are not familiar with it, is a dual-mono design, having twin transformers and (4) 10,000uF caps. It is claimed to put out 90 wpc into a 4 ohm load, and be stable down to 2 ohms. I am happy to report that when powering the LSi7's vs. the RC-10's, the amp runs noticeably cooler with the 7's. I would certainly not have expected this. Anyhow, back to the music....

Holly Cole Trio

Don't Smoke In Bed (SACD)

1993/2012 Blue Note Records/Analogue Productions

Attachment 78417
    Last edited by Rick88; 12-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.

I was afraid of that. Now i must sell some speakers.
    Screaming Blue Messiahs: Bikini Red.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    I was afraid of that. Now i must sell some speakers.
    Screaming Blue Messiahs: Bikini Red.
    Oops, sorry...lol.....

Hey all...been MIA from this thread for awhile. The move went well and the 2-channel is mostly setup in the new place.

Rick! New speaks. Sounds like your digging the LSi sound. Their the best, most detailed speakers I personally have ever owned.

Chumlie, maybe you'll have to jump on board??

Big Boi...Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Only thing stopping me is that pesky ole money thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Hey all...been MIA from this thread for awhile. The move went well and the 2-channel is mostly setup in the new place.

Rick! New speaks. Sounds like your digging the LSi sound. Their the best, most detailed speakers I personally have ever owned.

Chumlie, maybe you'll have to jump on board??

Big Boi...Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors
    Great to see you posting here again!! In case you haven't seen my thread about using car wax on the side panels of the LSi series speaker, have you tried it, and/or do you think it is safe on the finish? I want to add some gloss to mine...

I havn't tried anything with mine.

With the 15's, the side 'panels' don't start until about a third of the way down. So what is essentially the LSi7 'part' of the LSi15 is all piano black gloss. I really like it.

But if you find some good feedback on the wax, I would consider it on the panels that cover the bottom two-thirds of mine. They are supposed to be black, but are like a faded black/grey when compared to the piano plack on top.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

I havn't tried anything with mine.

With the 15's, the side 'panels' don't start until about a third of the way down. So what is essentially the LSi7 'part' of the LSi15 is all piano black gloss. I really like it.

But if you find some good feedback on the wax, I would consider it on the panels that cover the bottom two-thirds of mine. They are supposed to be black, but are like a faded black/grey when compared to the piano plack on top.
    I think if the side panels had some more gloss to more closely match the piano black, they'd look even sexier!!

I will do it tonight if I get positive feedback...

Don't see any harm from waxing them. Whats your concern ?

Member Sales Rating: (6)

...They are supposed to be black, but are like a faded black/grey when compared to the piano plack on top.
    They're not faded; that's how they're supposed to be.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003