Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 855 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 580 620 670 ... LastLast
Results 17,071 to 17,100 of 25649

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Name:  tp.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  44.9 KB

Steve Stevens - Memory Crash

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
    But Pappy, they's integrated!

I have that too. The movie cracks me up, love the soundtrack.
    LOL. Yeah, that movie is hilarious. In fact, I haven't seen it in quite some time. I need to watch it again soon!!
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Humble Pie... Rock On....Performance Rockin the Fillmore....Eat IT....

Lee Michaels.....his drummer Frosty can sure hit those skins!!

Msabot1: Was just looking at the Humble Pie the other day, weird the synchronicity on this thread. The vinyl has that booklet inside. Why wasn't Thirty Days In The Hold on that album, I can't remember?

Name:  31SWeY9BfiL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  12.1 KB

Member Sales Rating: (26)

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

That's a good one Tom,must be a mellow Saturday.
    Enjoy Dan

I'm starting things off with Jerry Butlers greatest hits.

Thanks, Dan. It is a mellow Saturday, with just having laid a friend down to rest yesterday and all. This particular album is not only good for musical selections [I know a lot of guys here don't really dig Country music that much] but the recording is really good. There are some tracks on this album I use for evaluating new gear into the rig, and some I use for showing off what the rig can do for friends that stop by and are curious to hear what it sounds like. The title track is one of them. One of the criteria I listen for is the accuracy of reproduction of the kick drum on "Like Red on a Rose" and also within that song, there is one point that the passage gets heavy [or congested, if you will] and while it may only last a second or two, will let you know instantly how well the top end performs on resolution. Not many systems I have ran across can nail it right. On the song, "Wait a minute", one can use this song to check a systems performance on overponderance of the mid-bass and bass frequencies. There should be none but getting to that point, using this as a reference, can be somewhat of a challenge. Then on song 10, "Don't ask Why", the piano should be natural sounding and all instruments throughout should be easily located with a center imaging that has no gaps, overlapping or holes whatsoever. Also, if you are looking for how well a system performs on the texture of the male voice, look no further.

I may be the only person out there that actually uses a Country album to demo and evaluate a system [amongst others] but this album has helped me tune my system as well as others. In fact, later today I will be playing around with a new DAC and this will be one of the test albums I will end up using for the evaluation. I would love to acquire a Mo-Fi or similar release on this but I don't ever see that happening. Anyhoo, sorry for the rant. Back to the music...

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

I just discovered The Black Keys (late I know) .. but been playing every album / EP and just loving it. Currently listening to 'El Camino'. I may use their music for future gear auditions - my Q900s seem to love their music lol.

Name:  16cd7cc3a310c4501c8c783bd505630528262d8d.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  112.4 KB
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs

Member Sales Rating: (16)

A friend at work and I have been exchanging music CD/SACDs over the last couple of months - he's really into prog - lots of King Crimson, ELP, Spocks Beard, Atomic Rooster, etc.

I just got done with a back-to-back listening of Moussorsky and ELP - Pictures at an Exhibition.

Ah.......'fascinating'.......

Odd that the ELP version finishes with Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" though....

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    A friend at work and I have been exchanging music CD/SACDs over the last couple of months - he's really into prog - lots of King Crimson...
    Weird to find this post here at this exact time. At my local spin shack today there wasn't much, but I saw an album cover that looked unique and the info on the jacket sounded interesting. I popped on it for $5 in VG+ condition. Turns out it is King Crimson...In the Court of the Crimson King: An Observation by King Crimson. I have never heard of this group before, but I am really digging this album as I listen to it now.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

The album cover is a little unsettling...

Name:  king-crimson-in-the-court.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  401.5 KB
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Dire Straits - Dire Straits
    Format: Vinyl
    Name:  f13bc060ada09b23677da110.L._AA300_.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  9.4 KB

This just so happens to be another one of my test/evaluation discs. Vince sure does have one hell of a voice.

Tom

Audience: House on the Hill.

Time for something different. How about some Roger Waters "In the Flesh" 2 disc SACD set. I have had this for years and I have yet to listen to it. The time has come.

Hey Tom, I'm sorry you lost a good friend that sucks.I have to give Alan a roll when my new to me Cambridge Cd player shows up.

Vince sure does have one hell of a voice.
    I'm with ya on that one,next up Guitar Slinger.

Just an FYI.....the Roger Waters SACD aforementioned sounds like cotton is in your ears. Not worthy of current prices. The music, however, is really good. This one is another one I would like to hear FIM, Mo-Fi or somebody else remaster properly from the source tapes. I had actually forgotten just how well that particular Vince Gill recording sounds. I would venture to say "top notch" for a Country album. Congrat's on the new player BTW, Oldfatdogs and thanks.

Tom

6 Underground - Sneaker Pimps

Gonna round out the evening with Merle Haggard epic hits.

Now for one of my all time favorites. Many of you know them and have seen them live. Newer members may not have even heard of them. This post is for them.

This album represents Southern Rock at it's greatest and is a "must have" in any music collection. I have already worn my LP of this slap out. What a great and electrifying performance! There are also other albums available that have additional outtakes from the same concert [different dates] that have the same recording quality and rockin' musical content. Those that know?....well, they know.

Tom

SuperTramp on blu...

Name:  supertramp.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  19.5 KB

Ray Charles, "Ray Sings, Basie Swings"
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Dro, thirty days in the hole is on SMOKIN, another good one! Yea there seems to be a lot of telepathy on here, O yea, that Ziggy album is classic! I have it on MFSL vinyl,better than CD!

Super tramp Crime of the Century...MFSL LP....Bloody well right!!!

Vince Gill..good voice...heck of a good guitar player too!

Starting off today with some James Taylor...

Next up, Volume II...

Thread Information