Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 926 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 158 558 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 27761
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Dances With Wolves -- 2ch. SACD
    The late great John Barry

Pisses me off that I can't find 'Fire Dance' on myspace, nor the scene itself on youtube. That would make a killer theme to my homepage.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Heart - Essential Heart, I had no idea they had so many hits.

atmosphere - saves the day
    cats.vans.bag...

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Nat King Cole....

Just picked up a MINT 6lp box set.....GREAT stuff here.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Allman Brothers- "Eat a Peach" followed by Joe Sample-"Carmel"
    on vinyl and breaking in the new TT. I coveted Troy's VPI enough to warrant the purchase of a new VPI Scout (at a very reasonable price i might add) and am very pleased so far.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Currently spinning is "Cure For Pain" by Morphine. I think I'm going to go with some mid 80's Red Hot Chili Peppers next.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, bitches. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Rush-Exit Stage Left

One of their better live compliations. Only complaint I have is that you can tell it's recorded from multiple sources. Why can't Rush just put out 1 full concertsinstead of parts of several. Just a mild rant.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Roy Buchanan-"Live Stock"and i may just keep on a Buch roll all morning "Second Album" on next....

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Thumbs up

Duke Robillard - Guitar Groove a Rama

Entertaining and engaging offering from one of the very best contemporary jazz/blues/swing guitarists.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...postcount=1604

Listening to one of my favorites which I've posted before. Just can't seem to put this one away for any extended time. Simply superb!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Just got Alison Krauss & Union Station, "Lonely Runs both ways". Give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Old Polk

Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Last Time Around: Live At Legends
    Silvertone, 1998

The title says it all. Buddy's sidekick for decades passed away shortly after this live set at the club. There was magic afoot every time this duo took the stage and this album is a great example of it.

Seeds Of Reed
    That's All Right
    She's All Right/Still A Fool
    Hoochie Coochie Man
    What I'd Say (It's All Right)
    Key To The Highway
    I've Been There
    Feelin' Good/What I'd Say
    Oh Baby/You Better Watch Yourself
    Hoodoo Man Blues
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Old Polk

Ken Saydak - Love Without Trust
    2001, Delmark DE-751

I first caught Ken as part of Lonnie Brooks' backing group in the late 70's. His career since then has taken him to concert and festival stages on four continents, including tours and appearances in Israel, South Africa, France, and Switzerland. The list of artists who have enlisted his talents, both in the studio and on the road, include Johnny Winter, Otis Rush, Willie Kent, Lonnie Brooks, John Primer, Mighty Joe Young, Billy Boy Arnold, Sam Lay, Dave Specter, James Wheeler, Tad Robinson, Lurrie Bell, Johnny B. Moore, and Karen Carroll.

All of his recordings, this being no exception, showcase his instantly recognizable vocal and piano styles as well as his insightful and engaging songwriting.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker
    Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Last Time Around: Live At Legends
    Silvertone, 1998

The title says it all. Buddy's sidekick for decades passed away shortly after this live set at the club. There was magic afoot every time this duo took the stage and this album is a great example of it.
    I almost picked this up recently. Is this with a full band or more like Buddy Guy & Junior Wells-Alone and Acoustic? Which is just the two of them up on stage Buddy with an Acoustic and Junior with his Harmonica.

H9

Old Polk

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9
    I almost picked this up recently. Is this with a full band or more like Buddy Guy & Junior Wells-Alone and Acoustic? Which is just the two of them up on stage Buddy with an Acoustic and Junior with his Harmonica.

H9
    It's an acoustic set. What really shines here is the blending of vocals.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker
    It's an acoustic set. What really shines here is the blending of vocals.
    Blue, do you own Alone & Acoustic? Just wondering how they compare and if it would be worth it to have 2 similiar types of recordings.

10,000 Maniacs- MTV Unplugged.

When it was recorded, nobody knew that MTV Unplugged would be 10,000 Maniacs' last album with Natalie Merchant. As it stands, it's a quiet, gentle way for her to bow out, offering no new revelations but several solid versions of the group's signature songs (mainly concentrating on Our Time in Eden) and a cover of Patti Smith's "Because the Night." It's nothing new, but for fans it's a graceful way to say goodbye.

This is one of my favorite Unplugged performances. Recording quality is top notch, lots of instruments and Natalie's voice is excellent. Vocals are right up front and well recorded, great demo for female vocals. It's such a laid back enjoyable performance. A must for all Natalie Merchant fans. The 10,000 Maniacs were never the same after she departed.

H9

Old Polk

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9
    Blue, do you own Alone & Acoustic? Just wondering how they compare and if it would be worth it to have 2 similiar types of recordings.
    I don't own, nor have I heard, "Alone & Acoustic". Worth it to have? You can't have too much Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, or cowbell. :p
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Claptons Slowhand

Journey - Captured

Slightly above average 80's pop rock. Sure does bring back some memories though. A bit too slick and polished for my taste, but Neil Schon is in good form. Still enjoyable. Did I mention the memories!!

AC/DC - Highway To Hell remaster

Nothing like a little jaw jarring AC/DC to get you going in the morning. Just another trip down memory lane too. Damn these guys were good; hard driving minimalistic crunch rock. The re-master is just fantastic. Hard driving but not compressed, lots of breathing room. Good thump too. Great epitaph for Bon Scott

When I bought this album in around 1980 I was just a freshman in high school. I remember my parents just shaking their heads when they saw the cover. Then when they heard it I'm sure they thought I was going to be a devil worshipper (LOL). It was a big contrast to all the Kiss memorabilia plastered on my bedroom walls............Ah the memories

H9

Old Polk

Yusef Lateef - Psychicemotus
    Impulse AS-92, 1965 - LP
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Vince Guaraldi-"Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus" Still sealed and unplayed LP from '62 (until this a.m.)
    Followed by "I'm Movin' On"- Jimmy Smith and "Desmond Blue"- Paul Desmond

Old Polk

Oscar Peterson Trio and Orchestra - With Respect to Nat
    Limelight LS 86035, LP

No one but Oscar could have successfully pulled-off this collection of covers that define the early part of Cole's career. The similarities in their vocal styling and piano are remarkable.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

OK,you guys,there are alot of Jazz freaks here,and I am starting to get into it
    so if there is one cd that is well recorded,upbeat,nice chords,what do you guy's recommend I pick up?Allready have Krall,Botti,Kenny g,Ray Charles,I'm
    looking for the "wow" factor.What should I go pick up?
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Pioneer 59AVI
    Pioneer BDP 320
    50 in. Pioneer Kuro pdp 5010
    FX 500 surround
    Reality cables
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Cary Xciter dac

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb
    OK,you guys,there are alot of Jazz freaks here,and I am starting to get into it
    so if there is one cd that is well recorded,upbeat,nice chords,what do you guy's recommend I pick up?Allready have Krall,Botti,Kenny g,Ray Charles,I'm
    looking for the "wow" factor.What should I go pick up?
    Pick up a copy of Joe Sample- "Carmel"It's piano based and an easy step from what you're listening to now. Also, try Chet Baker- "Chet" if you like the Botti then check out one of the "old school" trumpet masters.

Old Polk

Coco Montoya - Can't Look Back
    Alligator B000066NYI, 2002

I enjoyed his on-the-edge guitar work with Albert Collins and John Mayall, but almost lost interest in his solo career after the 2000 release of "Suspicion". I recently got a chance to catch him live with Tommy Castro and realized what I'd been missing. This follow-up, and his last release to date, is (for me) the pick of the litter of his five solo albums since 1995. Solid blues/rock originals and tight covers of such tunes as Collins' "Same Old Thing". Good stuff.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Sinatra:

The September of My Years
    Cycles
    Greatest Hits, Vol II

All on vinyl. Talk about a dude that oozes testosterone. Listening to Frank is manly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

E. Power Biggs-"Plays Bach in the Thomaskirche" Excellent organ work and an eye opener for me.
    Beatles-"Rubber Soul" mid '70s reissue nm vinyl and really great sounding lp earlier this evening.

Alan Jackson - The Greatest Hits Collection
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II...the first disc...

Why? Because the first disc comes before the second disc. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300