Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 925 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 590 630 680 ... LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,400 of 27731

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Brrr its cold out there. Stayin in now and cookin some homemade bean soup & ribs.
    Tom Waits: Alice.

hochpt21: Hey, we got a nice warm day today, huh? We have minus 27 wind chill right now. I decided to pass on the Pines as I picked up some tickets for the Carolina Chocolate Drops the following Saturday at the Stoughton Opera House. Its a truly great place to see music, they only hold a few hundred and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Very well restored and every band I've ever seen there comment on its beauty. By the way, Pieta Brown is under the radar pretty much so far. A few years ago, I saw her in Wausau and before the show I went to a local grill downtown to get something to eat. She and Bo were in there eating and it was clear nobody recognized her. She was opening for John Prine. We left the restraunt at pretty much the same time and when they walked back to the theater, they walked right up to the front door and entered without a single person recognizing her or Bo, even though he was wearing his cowboy hat. She's getting more and more popular, though. Take a listen to "Faller" on One And All. I was supposed to get that vinyl autographed but for some reason it didn't come that way. Oh well. I try hard to catch her whenever she's around. What a musical family. Father Greg, Step-mother Iris, step-brother in the Pines.....

Name:  516CNCT7KQL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  42.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    Jim Mcarty is one hell of an axe player,don't know if he is still alive though,Cactus is just one group that I have with him on it! Would have loved to have seen em live! Can only imagine them in a small venue! I'll bet it was one good time!
    Check this out...

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Jimmy Buffett Hot Water (1988) CD -> ALAC

DKR...I guess my question was answered with that vid! love that old rock,have quite a bit in my collection,never got rid of my beloved LP's...Rock on! Yea!!

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

John Prine & Mac Wiseman Standard Songs for Average People (2007) CD -> ALAC

Faces 1970 LP Ronnie Wood Gimme Some Neck ....Ronnie Wood Slide On Live

I have an old copy of Venus And Mars that I think I'll dig out and put on!

I think i'll play it again. Ram on

Might as well spin Band On The Run while I'm in a McCartney mood....you guys started it all....Lmao! Good tunes!!

dkr919 and msabot1: thanks for the Cactus video. I was thinking about Cactus some more, and I remember now that after I saw Cactus in the very early 70's as a young tike, I also saw Rusty Day awhile later at a roadhouse after Cactus broke up and Rusty started another group after Appice and Bogert went their own way. I can't remember if it was Detroit or what the band's name was, I kind of think it wasn't Detroit, and the band had a three word name, but really can't remember. I might have a poster advertising the show somewhere I'll have to look. That band was also smoking good, but didn't last long. He was one heck of a good singer. Poor old Rusty later got himself killed in some kinda drug deal or something though. But its good to see the others are still hanging in there. I gotta say Jim actually looks really good on that video, a cool cat fer sure.

Sam Bush laps in seven (2006) CD -> ALAC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Jeff Lorber

Flipside
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Dro, that band Detroit without Ryder,have an ol LP of that buried in my stuff,have to dig it out, has a pic of an old black Hudson on the cover...Long Neck Goose is on it circa 1971 I think. Jim played in a group called Rockets that included a couple of those dudes from that. Jim looks like he has held up well, I agree! Sorry to hear how Rusty ended up....sad!

Msabot1: I was thinking the band that I saw Rusty in might have been called Mad John Fever, but not sure if Rusty was in that band or not. I saw Mad John Fever in the fall of '73 or thereabouts in that roadhouse I mentioned and they were working very small venues all around the Midwest. (I remember the drinking age was 18 and I wasn't 18 but nobody checked much back then.) But the band also could've been Detroit. Be interesting to hear what you think of that Detroit album when you dig it out. They were a good band. I think Rusty was in it before and after Cactus.

Nora Jane Struthers (2010) CD -> ALAC

WSP
    Til the Medicine Takes
    Name:  wsp.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  57.9 KB

Norman Brown

Just Chillin
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs

Dro....Rusty was on that since Ryder had to take a break due to probs with his voice. Had a drummer nicknamed Bee. Can't believe I still have this...the LP on Paramount Records is very hard to find unless someone like myself parts with it....Long Neck Goose...Is it you or is it me...some good ol motor city rock on this one!!

Leon Redbone No Regrets (1988) CD -> ALAC

Jimi Hendrix Valleys of Neptune (2010) CD -> ALAC

Bob Dylan: Freewheelin.

Patricia Barber

Companion
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs

On DVD-Audio, with my new (to me) Yamaha DVD-S2500 universal player that I received today for free, courtesy of a friend on another forum...

Attachment 80220

Bob Dylan: New Morning.

^^^^You sir have a very nice friend.^^^^^

Thread Information