Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 593 of 859 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 603 643 693 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,790 of 25744

Member Sales Rating: (26)

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Herbie Mann...Push Push....Hold On I'm Comming...couple of good ones with good personnel on both!

first time listening to this on my current rig. wow. Name:  phm.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  86.8 KB

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Currently listening and watching Norah Jones on a AXS TV Concerts Episode. Recorded Live from Brooklyn, New York.

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Saw her the other night on Austin City Limits....very good set!

Leonard Cohen...Songs Of Love And Hate (MOG)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Leonard Cohen...Songs From A Room (MOG)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    Saw her the other night on Austin City Limits....very good set!
    Me too, I enjoyed it very much... Kat Edmonson, the girl that performed on that show was very unique, and I REALLY liked her...

Here's a link to the entire show:

http://video.klru.tv/video/2318811117
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Me too, I enjoyed it very much... Kat Edmonson, the girl that performed on that show was very unique, and I REALLY liked her...

Here's a link to the entire show:

http://video.klru.tv/video/2318811117
    Thanks for link. Watching now. It's pretty awesome!

Carly Simon

Boys In The Trees

1978 Elektra/Asylum Records

Attachment 80761

Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    Thanks for link. Watching now. It's pretty awesome!
    Attachment 80762

On vinyl...

Attachment 80772

Let's see if this comes through. Not very good photos but what the hey. Lucinda was crystal clear last night. Played a lot of brand new songs. Said she's hoping to get into the studio soon and wanted to work out some new songs.

Name:  2013 Lucinda Williams Stoughton Opera House Thu Jan 31 6655.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  465.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3

Hello, Rick. Is that BD actually worth a damn or is it restricted and compressed like most of the other Rush releases? Tell the truth now. If I were to move a picture [especially like those on the album cover
    , I'd like to bash it against the head(s) of those who were responsible for the preservation/recording of the music.

Tom
    Tom, I am quite pleased with the sound of this disc. I have only heard it in 2 channel stereo (PCM 96/24), so I can't comment on the multichannel mixes, so perhaps I am not the best to judge it, so here's what the Blu-Ray.com reviewer had to say about it (for what it's worth):

Reviewed by Jeffrey Kauffman, April 28, 2011

Rush: Moving Pictures Blu-ray, Audio Quality:

"Wow. What more can one say about the quality of at least two of the three lossless tracks offered on this incredible (mostly) audio Blu-ray? Oddly, and for one of the very few times I've experienced this in my reviewing careers, the lossless LPCM 2.0 stereo fold down (24-bit/96kHz) sounds surprisingly pallid when stacked up against the two lossless 5.1 tracks. The low end is especially weak on this 2.0 mix, so if you have the ability to experience the surround mixes, by all means, do so. Two brilliant 5.1 options are offered, an LPCM 5.1 and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, and I personally would be hard pressed to find much if any difference between them. Both are presented with 24-bit/96kHz resolution, and the results are, to put it simply, astounding. The clarity and nuance that is now available to listeners of Moving Pictures presents whole new worlds of sonic activity. Multilayer synths which were before just kind of part of a muddled mass now ring out with singular clarity. Some of the sound effects utilized on a couple of the tunes are much more evident than they've ever been before. The utilization of the surround channels is brilliantly handled, and longtime fans of this album are in for some revelatory listening, as suddenly they'll find themselves centrally placed in an incredibly active soundfield. Fidelity is brilliant, with unbelievably facile dynamic range. As the boys of Rush tell us on one of the text entries on this Blu-ray, the increased resolution of Blu-ray audio means that this was actually mixed lower than traditional CDs or SACDs, so they recommend turning up the volume. I second that recommendation."
    Last edited by Rick88; 02-01-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Hey Rick, by the way let me compliment you on your choices of images lately. Superb my man, superb!

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Hey Rick, by the way let me compliment you on your choices of images lately. Superb my man, superb!
    Thanks man, it is much appreciated... I'd say cheers to you, but I'm drinking coffee tonight... I'll likely have some brews while watching the Superbowl on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Let's see if this comes through. Not very good photos but what the hey. Lucinda was crystal clear last night. Played a lot of brand new songs. Said she's hoping to get into the studio soon and wanted to work out some new songs.

Attachment 80773
    I am still kicking myself in the butt for missing Lucinda last spring... Nice shot!!

Disc 4

Name:  51BP7yRy5lL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  12.8 KB

Good evening gents. Yeah Rick always shows good images and listens to some pretty darn good music. Hey dromunds look like you enjoyed yourself. I saw Lucinda a few years ago with Deborah Coleman at the annual Blues Fest, good show.

Outlaws-In The Eye Of The Storm (Vinyl) little more on the Rockin side after Henry Paul Left, next up Henery Paul- Grey Ghost

801 Live.

Name:  tommy.png
Views: 53
Size:  79.5 KB

Rush

2112 (Blu-Ray Audio Disc)

1976/2012 Mercury/Anthem

Audio Options:

English: LPCM 5.1 (96kHz, 24-bit)
    English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (96kHz, 24-bit)
    English: LPCM 2.0 (96kHz, 24-bit)

Attachment 80776

This arrived in the mail today! First impressions of the sound are really positive. It sounds very dynamic and full. Better sound than Dick's Picks 1 to compare another release of a show from 1973. It also has pretty cool liner notes by Bill Walton who seems to write better than he talks.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  514.3 KB
    Last edited by gdpeck; 02-01-2013 at 09:00 PM.

^Isn't that blu-ray well done Rick? Interesting to hear them do what I'd call a ballad with "Tears", they should have done more.^

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Leonard Cohen...Songs Of Love And Hate (MOG)
    Me too. via vinyl.

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    ^Isn't that blu-ray well done Rick? Interesting to hear them do what I'd call a ballad with "Tears", they should have done more.^
    I just picked it up today, so this is my first listen to it... I am listening to it through a pair of AKG K240 MKII headphones, and I'm impressed... Dare I say, it may just be the best I've ever heard this album sound

And now its time to....And now its time to..... And NOW its time to Kick Out The Jams, (well you know the rest)

Name:  51FMX1198AL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  40.4 KB

Kick Out The Jams
    Kick Out Your Mother
    Cut Up Your Friend
    Screw Up Your Brother or He'll Get You In The End.

Thread Information