Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 930 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 606 646 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,851 to 17,880 of 27871

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Name:  61zHHK4jk8L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  37.7 KB

Type O Negative - World Coming Down
    System Details:
    Marantz SR 8200, Rega RP1, Marantz CD 5004, Denon DRR-680, Carver M-4.0t
    Polk SDA 1C (modified), Definitive Technologies BP-10, Polk Audio CS400i

White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satin.

White Stripes: Icky Thump.

Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother....Meddle

Love that Zep album!! Black Dog and When The Levee Breaks are two of my favs. Crank it up!!

Yeah, that Zep album is great, made me bring out this one again, dig the cover. Dread Zeppelin.

Name:  411VD5J089L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  28.3 KB

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Feel like Makin' Love
    (Don't Fear) The reaper
    American Woman
    Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
    Take it on the Run
    Frankenstein
    Two Tickets to Paradise
    Working for the Weekend
    Cat Scratch Fever
    Hot Blooded
    Who do you Love?
    Sister Christian
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Lou Reed: Tranformer

ZZ TOP My Head's in Mississippi
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Cab Calloway Minnie the Moocher

He was cool before cool was cool.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Name:  517ug459EDL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  13.9 KB

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

That sounds like an Excellent album..
    How is the sound? ..edit I guess if YOU are listening to it it must be pretty good..lol
    I would like to order that one..

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post

Feel like Makin' Love
    (Don't Fear) The reaper
    American Woman
    Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
    Take it on the Run
    Frankenstein
    Two Tickets to Paradise
    Working for the Weekend
    Cat Scratch Fever
    Hot Blooded
    Who do you Love?
    Sister Christian
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

Hey now, sometimes I do listen to music just to listen and enjoy it. I'm not one of "those" audiophiles. The sound isn't anything different than any other compilation CD. Some songs show the age of the recording, some are recorded a little hot on the top end and one can tell that they are not from the masters....or if they are, they weren't put onto this CD and remastered to all sound identical in terms of the recording quality. Don't buy it for the audio quality. Buy it for the music. That is, after all, what it's all about.

Not everything I listen too is audiophile grade but thanks for the kind words [or implication thereof].

Tom

The Band: Rock Of Ages.

Chillawack Rockerbox....April Wine...Nature Of The Beast.....Minnie was a little bit cokey wasn't she? Good tune on the Blues Brothers DVD!

That Rock Classics looks cool.... I'd go for it if I didn't have all those on the originals!

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    That Rock Classics looks cool.... I'd go for it if I didn't have all those on the originals!
    I only have 5 of the originals listed on that album. Good on ya', Msabot1.

Currently listening too the 2nd album of Little Feat's Barnstorming live again. After listening to it the other day, I had an uncontrollable hankerin' to hear it again. Good tunes from one of my favorite bands.

Tom

The Who; Thirty Years Of Maximum R&B

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Happy Super Bowl Sunday music lovers!!

Attachment 80893
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

First time I've heard anyone mention Janis Ian in years! That At Seventeen is classic!!

Gotta listen to Dixie Chicken.....you guys are killin me!!!

You have never listened to Dixie Chicken?

*falls to floor*

Tom

*gets back up*

Hey, if you are going to try this album out....I have a suggestion. Try this version. It has previously unreleased outtakes and includes all of the tracks issued on the original LP. The link on Amazon can be found below.

http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Columb.../dp/B0000631ED

It's Southern Rock at its greatest and LF puts on one hell of an electrifying performance. Many folks have said that it's one of the greatest live rock albums of all time. I can not challenge that, only agree. If you only had one music purchase to have this year and you do not have this album? I would highly recommend this one. The original LP I have has been played so much, it's slap wore out!

Tom

Name:  gdansk.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  52.8 KB
    ...on DVD, crossing my fingers that someday they'll release a blu-ray version

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    *gets back up*

Hey, if you are going to try this album out....I have a suggestion. Try this version. It has previously unreleased outtakes and includes all of the tracks issued on the original LP. The link on Amazon can be found below.

http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Columb.../dp/B0000631ED

It's Southern Rock at its greatest and LF puts on one hell of an electrifying performance. Many folks have said that it's one of the greatest live rock albums of all time. I can not challenge that, only agree. If you only had one music purchase to have this year and you do not have this album? I would highly recommend this one. The original LP I have has been played so much, it's slap wore out!

Tom
    I have to chime in here to strongly endorse this recommendation for Waiting for Columbus. I've had the original CD release of this album in my collection for years, and just bought the mobile fidelity CD set, which may be sold out now. I've spent a lot of time listening to the MoFi remaster in various settings and the music contained on it is some of the best I have heard any time. The interplay between musicians is fantastic, and all of the parts just come together beautifully. It's funky and soulful, and dark in places, and it's just a shining example of a band playing live together. If you google any list of best live Rock albums, you'll often see entries such as Allman Brothers Band Live at Fillmore East, and The Who Live at Leeds. I'm really familiar with both of those albums as well as many other live rock albums and Waiting for Columbus is right up there with them, in many cases even surpassing them. It was kind of a dilemma for me whether to buy the remaster with the extra tracks or go with the MoFi set, but I'm glad I got the MoFi set. Also, I get to listen to the remaster in MOG, when I'm in the mood to hear the extra tracks which are quite good as well.

Thanks!
    George

Well said, George. Just an FYI, apparently both the Mo-Fi 180g LP and the 24K gold Mo-Fi Cd are still available but are in limited numbers so if you want one, I wouldn't wait too terribly long.

LP - http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1770-li...-180g-2lp.aspx

CD's - http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1760-li...-gold-2cd.aspx

Although I could have sworn that the CD's were already sold out. Don't hold me to that but I could have sworn that was the case a couple of weeks back.

Tom

Volume One

Name:  thg.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  11.4 KB

The Kinks: Arthur.

Thread Information