Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 659 of 930 FirstFirst ... 159 559 609 649 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 669 709 759 ... LastLast
Results 19,741 to 19,770 of 27876

Member Sales Rating: (0)

The Beatles: Abbey Road. There are so many great albums posted here I can't keep up.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Welcome Home
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550

My dad was big fan of Johnny Cash. He was nothing him like though,he would just play his guitar and sing. He would have been 97 in August. He passed in April of 1996. Happy thoughts.

He was a US Army Medic in WWII.
    Last edited by hertz9753; 05-15-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Member Sales Rating: (8)

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

AC/DC Live

Popped the top off my first beer in a week.
    Rory Gallagher: Calling Card.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Popped the top off my first beer in a week.
    Rory Gallagher: Calling Card.
    Hey pal, I usually only drink on the weekend, but I'll join ya (I have 2 in the fridge)...

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

The Cars

Shake It Up

1981 Elektra/Asylum Records (my favorite named record company)

Attachment 85203

And i shall join you in that fine Cars album.

And i shall join you in that fine Cars album.
    Attachment 85204

Eric Clapton

Backless

1978 RSO Records

Attachment 85205

Beer #4 and some Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland.

I'll join in with some CC and 7's.

The Band...The Last Waltz (vinyl)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Beer #4 and some Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland.
    I'm on my 2nd (and last beer). They are tasting pretty good, and I'm awful tempted to go get more. I'll probably wait for Friday though...

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    I'll join in with some CC and 7's.

The Band...The Last Waltz (vinyl)
    Sweet album. Drink not bad either. Just out of curiosity Paul. Have you heard the blu-ray on your 2 channel system ? Wondering how you compare the SQ to vinyl.

These guys are playing about 7 miles from me next Friday, the 24th. I was a pretty big fan in the 80's, and I've never seen them perform live...

However, I'm not sure I'm enough of a fan to pay $54.40 - $99 for tickets. I'm still thinking about it...

Attachment 85206

Lots of slightly over middle aged moms at the show trying to replay there headbanging prime at the show Rick. thats what i thought about 4 yrs ago when i saw them. Save your money IMO.

Lots of slightly over middle aged moms at the show trying to replay there headbanging prime at the show Rick. thats what i thought about 4 yrs ago when i saw them. Save your money IMO.
    LOL!!

I believe you are correct, and I can picture it now... It's not a pretty sight, though it would be good for some laughs...

Spirit Of The Moment: Live At The Village Vanguard by Joshua Redman

FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    LOL!!

I believe you are correct, and I can picture it now... It's not a pretty sight, though it would be good for some laughs...
    Trust me. Nothing worse tham a belly shirt with a layer of fat hanging in the pooch. And lets not forget the trampstamp that twice it original size. Not a pretty sight. You been warned.
    Bryan Ferry: Taxi.

Trust me. Nothing worse tham a belly shirt with a layer of fat hanging in the pooch. And lets not forget the trampstamp that twice it original size. Not a pretty sight. You been warned.
    Bryan Ferry: Taxi.
    Hehe. One thing I'm sure of, it would be very easy to pick up a "date for the night" there...

Styx

The Grand Illusion

1977 A&M Records

Attachment 85207

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Hehe. One thing I'm sure of, it would be very easy to pick up a "date for the night" there...
    No problem if you ride your bike (or not). But concert beers are rather spendy. And you will need more than a few.

Rolling Stones: Let It Bleed.

Sweet album. Drink not bad either. Just out of curiosity Paul. Have you heard the blu-ray on your 2 channel system ? Wondering how you compare the SQ to vinyl.
    There are a couple things on my audio 'to-do' list. Compare my Norah Jones Come Away With Me cd through the dac vs sacd through the oppo analog output, switch some cables....and compare the Last Waltz BR with the vinyl.

I will say that the LP is way more fun to listen to after watching the BR a couple times. It makes more sense

Now watching/listening...
    Eddie Vedder...Water On The Road (dvd)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Tom Waits: Alice.

Tom Waits: Alice.
    Save the last four for tomorrow night.

Adding ice and 7 became too much work for me ...so CC neat it is.
    2-channel

HT

Man Cave

#9 & 10
    Tom Waits: Blood Money.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Steely Dan's Greatest Hits... great album for SDA's and tube power!
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Good evening...

Attachment 85231

Thread Information