Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 670 of 861 FirstFirst ... 170 570 620 660 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 680 720 770 ... LastLast
Results 20,071 to 20,100 of 25810

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Marianne Faithfull: Broken English.

FLAC rip from Complete Studio Recordings Box Set:
    Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  87.3 KB

Blade Runner Trilogy - 3 CD set

So far, it is great, and well recorded.

Lou Reed & John Cale: Songs for Drella.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Good afternoon group, I hope everyone has enjoyed their day thus far. I have had a great one, first with a family get together for my mother's birthday (it's today), and fathers day for my stepfather, then riding the motorcycle to my favorite record store "Angry Mom Records" in Ithaca. I picked up several records (including a couple that were still sealed), and a CD. Time to clean them, be back shortly. It's gonna be a great night of music (and beer)......
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Beer? Did somebody mention music and beer? I played cards last night so I missed my Friday night music and beer, but I will not miss it tonight. Four hours to go!

I have been burning in Shunyata Ztron Anaconda balanced inter-connects all week, and they should be ready for a critical listen and review tonight. They replaced MIT Shotgun S1.3 balanced ICs, which moved into the HT/surround/stereo system, and that too needs to be evaluated. It is a good thing I bought a 12 pack.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 06-15-2013 at 05:59 PM.

I have enjoyed the few Rolling Stones 2002 Abkco DSD Remasters I picked up recently a great deal... I'm not sure I've heard the Stones sound this good before (I'd have LOVED to have gotten the SACDs when they were available)... Anyhow, I want to get all of them, and I picked this one up today in used but mint condition (for $3)... I'm playing it while cleaning records, then it'll be vinyl pretty much all night... Yee Haw!!

Attachment 86308

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Beer? Did somebody mention music and beer? I played cards last night so I missed my Friday night music and beer, but I will not miss it tonight. Four hours to go!

I have been burning in Shunyata Ztron Anaconda balanced inter-connects all week, and they should be ready for a critical listen and review tonight. They replaced MIT Shotgun S1.3 balanced ICs, which moved into the HT/surround/stereo system, and that too needs to be evaluated. It is a good thing I bought a 12 pack.
    Enjoy the music, and BEER

via MOG:

Love that Songs For Drella..... Right now John Paul Jones....Zooma.....then Allman Bros Eat a Peach....Anyone mention BEERS?.....Rock on.. Yea!!

The Scorpions Comeblack - Still Loving You
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

Unless I state otherwise, everything I play this evening will be from today's haul... Whether you are a country music fan or not, make no mistake, some of the best engineered recordings have come out of Nashville... And this one is GREAT, and it also happens to be one of my favorites...

Attachment 86312

BEER GOOD !!!
    Blue Cheer: Vincebus Eruptum.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    BEER GOOD !!!
    Blue Cheer: Vincebus Eruptum.
    I loved that album when it came out in 68, which is also when I started drinking beer, among other things. At that time, the drinking age in DC was 18.

Heart

Magazine (Picture Disc)

Special Limited Edition No. 29541/100000

Attachment 86313

I loved that album when it came out in 68, which is also when I started drinking beer, among other things. At that time, the drinking age in DC was 18.
    Hehe!!

3.2% here when i was 18.
    Kevin Ayers: Joy of a Toy.

When I went to the record store today, I had two goals in mind... First one was to pick up as much Rolling Stones music as I could (and I got 3 titles from them), and to look for a particular Hall & Oates record that I've been looking for awhile for... I am extremely happy to report that I found a good copy of it!!

This album has a very special place in my heart, for a couple of reasons... First of all, I really like the music (I love their rendition of You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling)... Second, my very first concert of my life was these guys when they were on tour in support of this record, at the age of 17... I have not heard it in years, and I could not be more thrilled to have found a good copy...

Attachment 86314

Sinatra live at the sands with count Basie and orchestra

$1 at estate sale. Found a few Lps as well. All a buck.

Mmm beer. Enjoying a hoppin frog borris bairille aois
    “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

While the jacket of this one is not in the best of condition, thankfully the LP is in excellent shape... It's another favorite from my youth...

Attachment 86316

Quote Originally Posted by Inthefade View Post
    Sinatra live at the sands with count Basie and orchestra

$1 at estate sale. Found a few Lps as well. All a buck.

Mmm beer. Enjoying a hoppin frog borris bairille aois
    Hey pal, CHEERS to you!! Also, it's great to have you here for the ride... The more the merrier!!!

This one was still sealed, @ $2.50... Up next: Another sealed one (and a very cool one), from the Rolling Stones...

Attachment 86317

Sometimes I kinda hate to open older records that are still sealed, and this is one of them... But, I did buy it to play, so here we go...

It's the long disco version of "Miss You", with side number two being "Far Away Eyes", and I just LOVE that song...

Attachment 86318

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that while I've been listening at a very good decibel level all evening, I have just turned it up a couple more notches... The power meters on the vintage Yamaha CR-1040 are dancing real good now...

I have not been able to play my music without fear of disturbing others in many years, and it is AWESOME... Life is good my friends..........

Depending on when I may be asked, my favorite band changes... At one time or another, I have said it was Led Zeppelin, CCR, The Eagles, The Beatles, etc... But, at this stage of my life, there is no doubt that is is The Rolling Stones....

Hey Chumlie, that version of Working Class Hero on Broken English is tits.

The Steve Howe Album (vinyl)

Huey Lewis and The News

Sports

1983 Chrysalis Records

Attachment 86320

Holly Cole - Don't Smoke In Bed

And on beer number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Hey Chumlie, that version of Working Class Hero on Broken English is tits.

The Steve Howe Album (vinyl)
    Indeed !!! Hell, i think the whole album is. Nice score today Rick.
    Canned Heat: Living The Blues.

Nils Lofgren self titled (vinyl)

Thread Information