Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 684 of 931 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 674 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 694 734 784 ... LastLast
Results 20,491 to 20,520 of 27917

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    plaineoldave: I haven't heard Fairies Wear Boots for a long time. I'm gonna pull that out and clean it off.
    Don't forgot to listen to Rat Salad.

It's my birthday today and I'm listening to the copy that my now deceased mother bought me when i was 5. It was my first record. How's that for a story?

Musta been a fantastic mother! Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by plainoledave View Post
    Don't forgot to listen to Rat Salad.

It's my birthday today and I'm listening to the copy that my now deceased mother bought me when i was 5. It was my first record. How's that for a story?

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    This:

The PianoGuys are incredible!

Thomas Dolby The Flat Earth

Name:  album-the-flat-earth.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  21.7 KB
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

How about some original music from a very good friend of mine recorded last summer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a822thf5GkA

My boss :)
    Fronts: Polk RTiA9
    Center: Polk CSiA4
    Sides: Polk F/XiA6
    Rears: Polk RtiA3
    Sub:Polk DSWPRO 660wi

extras: 2x JBL Monitor 4206

AVR: Onkyo TX-NR818
    Amp: ADCOM GFA-555
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console pf60
    Roku, ChromeCast (on the way)

Name:  21ig7MoUPQL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  8.3 KB

Aaron Neville: Bring It on Home... The Soul Classics.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Attachment 87235

The Beatles/1967-1970

Blue Vinyl

1973 EMI Records Limited
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Attachment 87236

Randy Travis

Always & Forever

1987 Warner Bros. Records

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Very nice...

Prayers...

Bob Dylan played in St. Paul last night. Bobby Vee was in the audience. Bob played in Bobby Vee's band right out of high school for a short time. Bob played "Suzie Baby" for Bobby Vee last night. I was going to go to the show, but had too much work to do. Missed Duluth the night before also, same reason. Hearing about Randy Travis makes me think how short life is. The work'll always be there, you got to have a balance. Bob is 71, still plays a hundred shows a year. Take for granted I'll see him the next time around. We take everything for granted.

Spill it Rick. What new toy ?
    Suocidal Tendencies: Lights, Camera, Revolution.

New single from Pearl Jam, released today.

Mind Your Manners.

2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Spill it Rick. What new toy ?
    Suocidal Tendencies: Lights, Camera, Revolution.
    A Marantz CD5004 CD player...

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    New single from Pearl Jam, released today.

Mind Your Manners.

Maybe an album is coming ?
    Eagles: Desparado.
    Nice grab Rick, congrats !!!

The Flaming Lips -Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  253.2 KB
    Polk SDA-2B, Yamaha R-S700, Yamaha CDX-530, Apple TV, Samsung Plasma, Fiio D3 DA converter (Apple TV), Cambridge Soundworks Model 88 Radio (Bedroom).

Here's the new Marantz. I picked it up from A4L for a great price (IMHO), $199. I've been watching it for a while, first they had it for $249, then $229, and then last Friday when I saw that it dropped to $199, I decided it was time to pull the trigger. I've grown increasingly frustrated with universal disc players as of late, with their slower loading times, difficulty reading and being able to play certain discs, and they all seem to need laser assembly's replaced far too often compared to dedicated CD players. So, I decided to purchase this unit. I believe I made a wise choice, more after further listening......

Attachment 87244

Albert King

I'll Play The Blues For You

SACD (though the Marantz will only play the CD layer)

1972/2004

Looks sweet, Rick!

Keep going back to this disc, really growing on me lately for some reason. Gotta get the vinyl.

Name:  51E+iFJ76nL__SX300_.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  23.9 KB

I know it's a bit early to tell but how does it compare to your last Marantz ?
    Neil Young: Psychedelic Pill Blu-ray.

An all-time favorite of mine...

Attachment 87250

Billy Joel

The Stranger (Legacy Edition)

1977/2008 Sony/BMG Music Entertainment

Name:  51j2R5cT13L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  24.1 KB

I know it's a bit early to tell but how does it compare to your last Marantz ?
    chum,

Here's a very brief initial impression of the CD5004:

Build quality: I'd give it about an 8/10 for a CD player in its price range. It is a good looking, solidly built unit, with a fairly weighty feeling, a nice user friendly remote, etc... If I have one complaint (as the picky S.O.B. I am), it would be the panels on each side of the center of the unit. Clearly, Marantz decided to cut costs here. Their fiberglass reinforced (or whatever they call them) panels appear to be plastic. Other than that minor complaint, I'm pleased with the overall build quality for a "budget" CD player...

Ergonomics: 9/10 I love the simplicity of a dedicated CD player! The Marantz has simple, easy to operate controls on both the main unit and the remote. It loads discs very fast as compared to nearly all the universal disc players I have owned, responds quickly to remote commands, and is a pleasure to operate compare to said universal players. And the CD text feature is kinda cool...

Sound quality: I won't rate it yet as it is way to early (I've only played 4 discs through it thus far), but so far I am pleased. It is noticeably warmer and more musical sounding with (redbook CD's) than the jack of all trades players I've been using. At first, I thought it seemed light in the bass department, but the more I listen to it the more I think that it is just more natural, less boomy bass. More on that after further evaluation. The Marantz SA-11S1 was the best sounding optical disc player I've ever owned, bar none. The CD5004 is not in the same league, but it acquits itself fairly well, especially for the price...

More later..........
    Last edited by Rick88; 07-11-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Nice review Rick. Still, for two bills it sounds like a keeper.
    Led Zeppelin: Song Remains The Same on Blu-ray.

From "Sector 2"

Attachment 87253

Rush

Permanent Waves

1980/2011

Quote Originally Posted by gdpeck View Post
    long time, no post... Hope you are all well!

Attachment 87219
    Sorry I somehow missed your post...

I was wondering where you've been lately, good to see you posting again!!

Attachment 87254

Continued prayers for Randy Travis...

Attachment 87255

Randy Travis

The Randy Travis Anthology: Trail Of Memories (2 CD Set)

2002 Warner Bros./Rhino Records

Nice review Rick. Still, for two bills it sounds like a keeper.
    Indeed, for two bills it's a keeper...

Poop, gotta get the post count off ending in 666!!

What better way to get a freebee to add to the 'ol post count than BOOBS!!

Attachment 87259

Thread Information