Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 721 of 861 FirstFirst ... 221 621 671 711 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 731 771 821 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,630 of 25811

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Good afternoon music lovers!!

I've been playing some of my favorite discs, evaluating my new speakers. This was the first one:

Attachment 90129
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Next was this one:

Attachment 90130

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Msabot1: It's great when that happens. I still remember when a classmate of mine played that first C.B. album, I also thought pretty dynamite sound. I'll have to look around, might still have the original album with the cool cover.... I saw Talking Heads in Davis, California before they were big, in a bar, and they were so good people were calling their friends and saying you gotta get down here and see this band. The place went from sparse to absolutely crowded by the end of the show.

Rick: top five hottest covers of all time?

Yep...that Vargas really knew how to draw pin up gals....good tunes guys...right in the middle of a bunch of em!

Lets not forget the beauties that graced Roxy Music's album covers.
    Brian Eno: Here Come The Warm Jets

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The wife...." insert scowl here":(

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    The wife...." insert scowl here":(
    Better than a conference call.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Rick: top five hottest covers of all time?
    Probably in my top five, for sure!!

Yo-Yo Ma, "Impressions," Disc 2
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Attachment 90135

Natalie Cole

Ask A Woman Who Knows (SACD)

2002 Verve

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Paul Thorn - What the Hell Is Going On?

Name:  what the hell paul thorn.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Pumpinman, you're blowing me away with some of your picks. I saw the original Cactus live one time in their heyday, and they were awesome. Most kids now never heard of them. Msabot1, was always looking for a chance to see C. Beyond in the early 70's but, alas, never materialized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    P-MAN...dont have that one but have a couple with Jim McCarty on lead...Hot an Sweaty is a fav. Saw Beyond when they opened for Alice Cooper in Nashville at the speedway in 72. Nobody ever heard of them but by the time they were halfway through Dancing Madly Backwards..they were pinning the audience to the seats....by the time they finished,nobody wanted to hear Cooper..who was no slouch group in those days....I'll never forget the crowd response to that show...went from indifference to total awe! That was one kick ass opener!
    Thanks Guys,
    I have a lot cool stuff in the in the man cave. I've been collecting vinyl since 1968 and at this point I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 plus LP's and + or - 2000 CD's. I'm sure I could make you do more than one goggle search with the vinyl I have. My listening habits haven't changed a whole lot since I was a kid. I keep telling that old guy in the mirror every morning to get the hell outta the way.

Then I realize "Damn it's me" I'm still just a kid in so many ways.

Dire Straits ~ Communique (1979)
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

pumpkinman, I also love your music selections, as well as your great photos!!

Bow Street Runners (1970)

Sounding like a blend of Jefferson Airplane and the Doors, Bow Street Runners was a Fayetteville, North Carolina-based psychedelic band who released one eponymous album in limited quantities on B.T. Puppy Records in 1970. While the group was ignored at the time, Bow Street Runners became a collectible item among psychedelic aficionados during the ’80s and ’90s.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    pumpkinman, I also love your music selections, as well as your great photos!!

Thanks Rick

Chris Isaak ~ Forever Blue (1995)

John Cale: Paris 1919

New Dream Theater out today
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

"Volare" at the Italian place with dinner.

Atomic Rooster / self titled (1970)

Attachment 90144

Albert King

I'll Play The Blues For You (SACD)

1972/2004 Stax

YES 90125 on vinyl
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

Frijid Pink ~ self titled (1970)
    Still my favorite version of "House Of The Rising Sun"

Led Zeppelin
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey081057 View Post
    Led Zeppelin
    Awesome!! I miss the emoticons and I'd love to give you one or two for that photo, and hope they return soon (along with the widescreen formatting)...

Van Morrison Brown Eyed Girl
    “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information