Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 741 of 930 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 751 791 841 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,230 of 27882

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hodge Podge strained through a Leslie.....great stuff!!

They straining through a Leslie or are you doing it?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  516.2 KB
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

Default Hodge

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    They straining through a Leslie or are you doing it?
    Thats a tune off Steppenwolf 2nd...pretty good too!

Well I am back. Sold all my gear except for my SDAs. Bought a mint little Adcom 545 and a Adcom 555 pre to last until my bottlehead preamp gets here. Anyways this is the What are you listening to thread so I am listening to this on my new to me gear.

Name:  31L-JvKawIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  4.9 KB

Grateful Dead - Dave's Picks 8.

Bruce Cockburn ~ Night Vision
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Happy 65th Birthday to Glenn Frey!!

Attachment 91491

Glenn Frey ~ No Fun Aloud ~ 1982 Elektra/Asylum Records
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Attachment 91492

Eagles ~ On The Border ~ 1974 Asylum Records

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by PreCd View Post
    Well I am back. Sold all my gear except for my SDAs. Bought a mint little Adcom 545 and a Adcom 555 pre to last until my bottlehead preamp gets here. Anyways this is the What are you listening to thread so I am listening to this on my new to me gear.

Attachment 91486
    thumbs up;)

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Popa Chubby - Back to New York City

Arguably the most creative contemporary blues guitarist out there.

• Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Try this photo thing again..Name:  image.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  491.8 KB
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

The Doors ~ S/T SACD

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Attachment 91509

Rusted Root ~ When I Woke ~ 1994 Mercury Records

Attachment 91510

Rush ~ Moving Pictures (Blu-Ray Audio)

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post

The Doors ~ S/T SACD
    Pumpkinman, can you describe the audio while listening to "The End" on this SACD? Particularly on the drums during the louder/more complex parts. Thanks very much sir.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Attachment 91514

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ~ Miami Pop Festival ~ 2013

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Robert Jr. Lockwood - Does 12

12 string electric blues by one of the last of the roots bluesmen of the 20th century. I bought this LP in '76. It still knocks me out today. Brilliant!

• Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Attachment 91517

Buddy Guy ~ Damn Right, I've Got The Blues (Expanded Edition) ~ 1991/2005 Silvertone Records

Junior Kimbrough
    God knows I tried

Especially like the track Tramp

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Pumpkinman, can you describe the audio while listening to "The End" on this SACD? Particularly on the drums during the louder/more complex parts. Thanks very much sir.

The Doors ~ S/T SACD
    Those are the Analogue Productions SACDs and were remastered by Doug Sax. I have the AP 45RPM vinyl reissues, and those SACDs you have should sound similar to the vinyl 45s. Enjoy!!
    --Jerome

Jerome and I talk at least twice a month about all things audio. He tells me that the 45 RPM LP's he has in his opinion are superior to his original 1st pressings. Which is saying something.

AVnerdguy was simply glowing over the box set and because of these two recommendations I decided to buy the the SACD's (as singles much cheaper than buying the Infinite Box)

From the website where I bought my Doors SACD's:
    Mastered by Doug Sax using an all-tube system. Overseen by Bruce Botnick, The Doors producer/engineer.

OK I listened to "The End" several times on both the SACD and my 1988 CD. While there is a noticeable diff. it wasn't as remarkable as I would have thought. That being said the SACD is ''much easier on the ears''. Now here's the hard part for me. Trying to describe the differences to you guys. OK for starters take anything that I say with a grain of salt. First off while I hate to use lines like "Lifting off a veil" here in some small part is true. I hear more small parts of the music that I didn't hear before. I would call it smoother sounding and for me the most noticeable was how notes of music seem to hang out there for you see. I've only played the one disc so far but I'm convinced that I did not make a bad purchase.

None of you know me very well so please don't take this as an endorsement. Try to borrow any of the Doors SACD's from Analog Productions and judge for yourself.

I'd like to add another reason for buying all 6 SACD's at once. The Doors are my favorite American rock band. They are the best !!!!!!

P-man

Thanks P-man. I own all of them. Now understand, I have only listened to the first album one time, but I noticed on "The End" that there is some definate distortion on the drums. I will need to listen again to verify, but I wrote a review back when these came out. I prefered my first pressing "painted" West German CD over the SACD becasue of the distortion I noted on the drums in particular. You didn't notice anything on your copy however? Thanks again P-man.

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Thanks P-man. I own all of them. Now understand, I have only listened to the first album one time, but I noticed on "The End" that there is some definate distortion on the drums. I will need to listen again to verify, but I wrote a review back when these came out. I prefered my first pressing "painted" West German CD over the SACD becasue of the distortion I noted on the drums in particular. You didn't notice anything on your copy however? Thanks again P-man.
    No I didn't notice any distortion so I'll go listen again. Is your system all SS, tubes or a combination ?? What speakers are you using ??

This is why I never endorse anything. We all hear things differently. I know a guy and no matter what system is playing he'll look at me and ask "Isn't that a little bright sounding" While his very exspensive system would make my ears bleed it was so bright. Your distortion may very well be there and I simply missed it.

"Heartland: An Appalachian Anthology"
    Joshua Bell, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, Yo-Yo Ma, Mike Marshall, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Brahms, Quintet for Clarinet, 2 Violins, Viola, and Violoncello in B minor, op. 115
    Karl Leister, Clarinat; Amadeus Quartet
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Joe Satriani, The Extremist.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

No I didn't notice any distortion so I'll go listen again. Is your system all SS, tubes or a combination ?? What speakers are you using ??

This is why I never endorse anything. We all hear things differently. I know a guy and no matter what system is playing he'll look at me and ask "Isn't that a little bright sounding" While his very exspensive system would make my ears bleed it was so bright. Your distortion may very well be there and I simply missed it.
    Combination of tubes and SS. A list is below:

SPEAKERS: SDA SRS 2.3TL's heavily modified with Crossovers containing Clarity Cap ESA caps and Duelund Cast Resistors, and Jantzen inductors. Larry's Rings, Blackhole 5, Cardas CCRR binding posts all around. New exotic wood caps (obviously doesn't affect the audio).
    AMP: BAT VK-200 modified with improved Furutech XLR jacks and Oyaide "Inlet" IEC jack.
    PRE-AMP: BAT VK-31 with 6 "Tektronix" 1964 Amperex 7308's tubes installed
    DAC: my own built DAC using the Buffalo II D/A converter and Tube-I-Zator output boards found here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hlight=buffalo (I am also using 2 Tesla E83CC goldpin tubes and 2 RCA 5751 triple mica black plate tubes now).
    SOURCE: Theta Jade transport (Redbook)
    A modified Denon DVD-5910 to output pure DSD signal to an RJ-45 jack which is sent to my DAC listed above for SACD.
    OTHER: AI-1 Dreadnaught using the 1KVA Avel-Lindberg transformer, Larry's case with Cardas CCRR binding posts.
    POWER CONDITIONING: Equitech 1RQ and Monster voltage stabilizer (yeah, I know.......)
    CABLES:
    Speaker: MIT Shotgun S3
    IC's: Shotgun S3's
    Digital cable: Cerious Technologies liquid ceramic conductors and pure silver ground wire for CD and an Acoustic Revive LAN 1.0 ethernet cable hooked to my modified Denon DVD-5910 sending pure DSD to my DAC.
    Power: DCCA Exreme Refernce, (2) PS Audio AC-12's, and JPS "Digital" power cables
    All gear has dynamat installed as well as Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme and Gold fuses.
    I PM'd you back regarding The Doors SACD to CD comparison too.
    Last edited by headrott; 11-08-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Steppenwolf ~ The Second

Don't step on the grass, Sam. ;)
    Last edited by SCompRacer; 11-08-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R