Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 744 of 862 FirstFirst ... 244 644 694 734 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 754 794 844 ... LastLast
Results 22,291 to 22,320 of 25834

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Attachment 91624

Funky Organ ~ B3 Jazz Grooves (sacd)
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Moondance - blu-ray 5.1
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    Moondance - blu-ray 5.1
    I bet that one sounds great, huh??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    I bet that one sounds great, huh??!!
    Rick, it's incredible. The brass out in the surrounds, just fantastic separation. Very "black" between songs (and notes) which I like but is sometimes too much to ask from material of this vintage.

Bill.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Truth & Salvage Co.

Great stuff....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Name:  51H9ieoPidL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.4 KB

James Gang ~ Live In Concert
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Attachment 91628

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers ~ amn The Torpedos (blu-ray audio)

Attachment 91628

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers ~ amn The Torpedos (blu-ray audio)
    Nice. How are you enjoying BD-A Rick, do you have any others? Hoping to get Breakfast In America in the mail next week.

Vinyl...

Name:  Jack-White-Blunderbuss-album-cover1-300x300.jpg
Size:  23.9 KB
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Nice. How are you enjoying BD-A Rick, do you have any others? Hoping to get Breakfast In America in the mail next week.
    I really enjoy them. I got away from HT a couple of years ago to go back to 2 channel, and I think they sound great in 2.0 (96/24).

I have 3 discs so far:

Tom Petty

Rush ~ 2112

Rush ~ Moving Pictures

I saw the new releases on Music Direct. The one I wanted the most was The Stone's "Grrr!!, but it got removed from the website shortly before the release date for some reason....

Vinyl

Name:  21ig7MoUPQL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Size:  8.3 KB

Savoy Brown ~ Jack The Toad

I'm the proud owner of 3 power cords by Pete

Shameless Plug

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Purity Line Stage (6SN7) ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

I really enjoy them. I got away from HT a couple of years ago to go back to 2 channel, and I think they sound great in 2.0 (96/24).

I have 3 discs so far:

Tom Petty

Rush ~ 2112

Rush ~ Moving Pictures

I saw the new releases on Music Direct. The one I wanted the most was The Stone's "Grrr!!, but it got removed from the website shortly before the release date for some reason....
    I have a few from earlier BD-A attempts, Tom Petty's Mojo, the Floyd's Immersion editions of TDSOTM and WYWH, and also 2112. Like you, I also noted some of the new batch had been taken off Amazon, etc. I was/am interested in Crime Of The Century, hope to see the list reappear shortly. One thing of note with these new ones, I see they are no longer video-dependent and appear to be trying to carve out a 2 channel market. My guess is they will make a great SACD competitor, I'm thinking the record companies are seeing an untapped market with so many blu-ray players in homes vs SACD.

The Gordian Knot / DJ mono

Attachment 91632

Hendrix ~ Blues

John Sykes & Company
    Attached Images  

Shatoskovich - String Quartets

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I have a few from earlier BD-A attempts, Tom Petty's Mojo, the Floyd's Immersion editions of TDSOTM and WYWH, and also 2112. Like you, I also noted some of the new batch had been taken off Amazon, etc. I was/am interested in Crime Of The Century, hope to see the list reappear shortly. One thing of note with these new ones, I see they are no longer video-dependent and appear to be trying to carve out a 2 channel market. My guess is they will make a great SACD competitor, I'm thinking the record companies are seeing an untapped market with so many blu-ray players in homes vs SACD.
    Except, if I am being bluntly honest. SACD sounds better than Blu-Ray Audio. Some people may still prefer Blu-Ray Audio rather than purchasing another player for SACD however (which I undertsand).
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Except, if I am being bluntly honest. SACD sounds better than Blu-Ray Audio. Some people may still prefer Blu-Ray Audio rather than purchasing another player for SACD however (which I undertsand).
    Have you been able to try some direct comparisons between SACD and the same music in blu-ray? I've been asking but hadn't found anyone so far that's done a direct head to head. I see Yes - CTTE is coming on blu, that might be a nice one to compare. I can play either on the Oppo, just happy there's another hi-rez shiny disc option, hope it'll be around for awhile.

The Band ST 2nd album.

John Lennon ~ Imagine
    Picked this up yesterday also but I wasn't lucky enough to get it for $6.

Roxy Music's 1st album from The Complete Studio Recordings. Great SQ on this set.

Jack Bruce ~ Somethin Els

Another from yesterday

Roy Buchanan ~ Second Album

Some great guitar work on that one Bill. Think I'll join ya.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Some great guitar work on that one Bill. Think I'll join ya.

That's my favorite Roy Buchanan album but the albums he did in the 80's for the Alligator label are certainly worth owning

The Capitol Albums Vol. 1 ~ Beatles 65

Thread Information