Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 749 of 932 FirstFirst ... 249 649 699 739 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 759 799 849 ... LastLast
Results 22,441 to 22,470 of 27951

Member Sales Rating: (0)

one of my seattle playlists, soundgarden, stp, alice in chains
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

Jon Anderson ~ In The City Of Angels

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post
    Glad to see you weren't down all that long. Welcome back !!!!
    Thanks pal, it's great to be back!!

The Marantz sounds very very good, and reminds me a lot of my old SA-11S1 in sound/build quality. My only fear is that it is an older unit (built in 2000) and that sooner or later it'll need the laser replaced, and it may be difficult (if not impossible) to find a replacement. I have long wanted a standalone CD recorder deck in my rig to be able to record directly from LPs/cassettes/radio/tv, etc... I wanted to try out the recording function last night, but it wouldn't read my blank Memorex discs. After further research, it turns out that it will only record onto "audio" CDs, not data CDs. I'm going to pick some up today so I can try it out as a recorder. I hope the record function works properly, but if it doesn't I'm not sure I'd return the player, as it is an excellent sounding player and easily worth what I paid just to use as a player. Even though it is used, my friends at Audio Classics gave me a 90 day warranty. Therefore, I am really going to put it to the test over the weekend (and beyond), just to make sure it is trouble free...

Also, TGIF!!
    Last edited by Rick88; 11-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Attachment 91994

Tierney Sutton ~ Something Cool ~ 2002 Telarc Jazz

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

The Eagles "Long Road Out Of Eden" ALAC

George Harrison "Cloud Nine" ALAC

I just got back from a trip to pick up some CD-R music discs, because the Marantz will not record on CD data discs...

My first recording project will be to make a copy of my favorite Diana Krall album "When I Look In Your Eyes", because my copy on SACD does not have a redbook layer, so I'm unable to play it in the Marantz. Therefore, I'm recording it from my Sony BD/SACD player to the Marantz. That way, I'll have a copy to play on the Marantz. I've been doing some testing, and when playing the redbook layer of SACD's in the Marantz, they sound better than the SACD layer on the Sony. It doesn't surprise me at all, given my experience with Marantz' Reference Series line...

Attachment 91995

Eric Clapton "Unplugged" ALAC

Well, I just finished my recording, and it sounds great!!

As promised, here are some photos of the Marantz:

Attachment 91996Attachment 91997Attachment 91998Attachment 91999Attachment 92003Attachment 92002Attachment 92000Attachment 92001Attachment 92004

I just moved the Marantz to what will be it's home for a while, on top of my rack next to my Yamaha receiver. I have unhooked my turntable for the time being, as lately I've noticed the stylus is about ready to be replaced, and I cannot justify spending the cash for one right now. Also, I don't want to risk damaging my precious vinyl collection.

I love my Music Hall, but there is one thing about it that I hate, and that is that the IC's are hard wired into the table. I have been getting a bit of unwanted noise from the table lately, and I've narrowed it down to the crappy IC's. Sometimes, I can moved them around and get it to stop for a little while, but it returns. What I want to do is either have RCA jacks installed on the table so that I can use whatever IC's I choose, or have the stock ones replaced with some higher quality ones. This is another instance where I really wish I could solder, but perhaps I can learn..

Anyhow, it's kinda sad that I won't be spinning any vinyl for a while. But on the bright side, the Marantz is going to be out where it is visible, instead of being hid in a cabinet behind a door. It is too pretty for that, IMHO. If you can't tell, I'm already in love with the Marantz. I have wanted a standalone CD recorder deck ever since they first came out, and 15 years later I finally do. I have an optical cable hooked up to it from my tv so that I can record CD's of programs like Austin City Limits, a coaxial digital cable from my Sony BD player so I can copy CD's bit for bit, and finally an analog connection from my Yammie so that I can record from LP's, cassettes, and radio if I want. How sweet it is!!

Anyhow, enough rambling, and back to the music...

Attachment 92005

Boston ~ Self Titled Debut ~ 1976/2006

Faith No More...The Real Thing
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Up The Academy Soundtrack

That looks purdy, Rick!
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Zappa: Hot Rats.

Attachment 92007

The Rolling Stones ~ Beggars Banquet

Name:  DSCN2846.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  183.8 KB

Rick I haven't had a CD recorder/player in a long time but I have one re-writable disc left. (Sealed)
    It's yours for the asking.................Bill

Zappa/Mothers: Absolutely Free.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post
    Attachment 92008

Rick I haven't had a CD recorder/player in a long time but I have one re-writable disc left. (Sealed)
    It's yours for the asking.................Bill
    Sure, I'll take it! PM to come, and THANKS A MILLION!!

Attachment 92012

Van Halen ~ Self titled Debut (HDCD) ~ 1978/2000 Warner Bros.

Attachment 92017

Rod Stewart ~ Foot Loose & Fancy Free ~ 1977 Warner Bros.

Porcupine Tree-Deadwing. Also howdy everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Porcupine Tree-Deadwing. Also howdy everyone.
    Cheers!! (even though I'm drinking green tea tonight)

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Cheers!! (even though I'm drinking green tea tonight)
    It's ok to toast with green tea! :-)
    Heck, I'm nursing a cup of Assam black tea (Hattialli GBOP from www.uptontea.com my favorite on-line tea purveyors) as I type this!
    prosit
    all the best,
    mrh

The loudest concert I've ever been to was these guys along with Judas Priest, in Binghamton, NY in 1984. The Scorpions were on tour in support of this album, and their next album was "World Wide Live" that was recorded in various cities around the world during that tour. However, none of the performances from the Binghamton show made it to the album. Man, those were the days, if I think hard enough I can almost smell the scent of "herb" from that evening to this day. lol...

Attachment 92024

Scorpions ~ Love At First Sting ~ 1984 Mercury Records

Attachment 92025

Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Street Survivors (expanded edition) ~ 1977/2001 MCA Records

Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Street Survivors

R E M: Monster.

Attachment 92026

Linda Ronstadt ~ Simple Dreams

R E M: New Adventures In Hi-Fi.

Thread Information