Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 772 of 931 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 782 822 872 ... LastLast
Results 23,131 to 23,160 of 27911

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Yes, a big Chris Isaak fan. I was over at Bobsauto49 last week listening to his system and one of the songs he played was off Forever Blue, so it got me going again. We were talking about his TV show, and wondering if its still on?
    I used to watch that when it was on (HBO was it?). Had some pretty good bits in it. Not sure if it is shown in re-runs on any station or not? I haven't seen it since it was aired originally.

Chris Isaak was from Stockton, California (just north of where I grew up). I met him at the Tower Records store (in Stockton) a couple times back in the early 90's. Nice guy! His mom still lives there I believe. The train station on the back of the "San Fancisco Days" CD is in one of the worst parts of Stockton, but it has a great atmosphere. I have left from that station many times back in the 90's.

If you find the show to be on TV still please let me know, I would watch it again. Also, did you know that Chris Isaak appears in David Lynch's "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" (the movie)? Excellent movie (but if you haven't see the T.V. series definately watch that before the movie!!!)

Finally, your two 7308 tubes will be there tomorrow. Enjoy them Don! They are great!
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yep, I watched the Twin Peaks series from the beginning and Fire Walk With Me is a great flick. That scene in the bar with Laura and the guy going under the table is classic! Check out Mullholland Drive if you like other David Lynch flicks. I also watched the Chris Isaak show when it came out, and I'm glad you remembered it was on HBO maybe, but haven't seen it since. Saw Chris live one or two times back in the 90's. Very good live. The SQ on his recordings is also top-notch.

Name:  tht.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  9.5 KB

Alice Cooper: Billion Dollar Babies.

Excellent Don! Glad you like the Lynch movies/T.V. series! I have seen Mulholland Drive in the theatre and own it, phenominal! Have you seen Inland Empire? Possibly his best movie?? Tough to say that as all his films are great! Twin Peaks is definately my favorite T.V. series ever. There is so much in this show it boggles the mind!

Also saw Chris Isaak in concert in the 90's and agree, great performer and phenominal sound quality on his albums! Which album is your favorite?

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Scorpions- Animal Magnetism

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default MonkeyJunk - Tiger In Your Tank

• Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

I've seen Inland Empire and own it, along with Mulholland Drive and I prefer the latter. Remember that scene where the girl auditions and sings that song about telling every little star? Great stuff. As far as Chris music, I have Forever Blue, Baja Sessions and Heart Shaped World I think. I've always liked them all, but perhaps Forever Blue is my favorite, although Baja Sessions is great, Back on Your Side and Only The Lonely and Wrong to Love You sound super, and Heart Shaped Box has Wicked Games IIRC. I remember when I got Baja Sessions I wasn't as thrilled but every time I play it I am amazed at how good it is and the SQ on all his stuff is just great.

Name:  51tyj3RchRL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  20.1 KB

Roger Waters: Amused To Death.
    His finest work IMO and yes I'm including his work with Pink Floyd.

Better than Animals?

Brian May-Back To The Light

The Steve Howe Album

Name:  220px-The_Steve_Howe_Album.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  15.8 KB
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    King Crimson: In The Court Of.....
    Thanks Paul, stay warm & enjoy the game.
    Hope you enjoy it and I will.

Bunny Wailer...Blackheart Man

Little time with the sda before football.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Better than Animals?

Brian May-Back To The Light
    Yep !!!
    Pink Floyd: The Final Cut.

Name:  bob seger greatest hits #2.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  23.3 KB
    Bob Seger "Turn the page" live version.
    Although I would love to find a FLAC copy of the 'long' version, if anyone knows which album that was on?
    It has been 40+ years since I heard it and IDK which album it was on..
    Love the sax rips :)

Turn The Page that would be Live Bullet, my favorite Seger, check it out.

Watching and listening to the Charger game go Phillip Rivers and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Turn The Page that would be Live Bullet, my favorite Seger, check it out.

thanks.....My memory 'might' be bad... it was '81...haha but I remember it being longer, with more sax riffs...
    The version I have right now (mp3 download :( ) of "turn the page" from "Greatest Hits #2" is 5:06m long, which is the same length as the one on the "live bullet" version... least on the remastered version amazon is showing. The one I remember was vinyl original, so that may be the difference... I remember a train on the cover :)

Spro Gyra - Good to GoGo

SACD

Name:  Spyrosacd.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  423.7 KB
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Suicidal Tendencies: How Will I Laugh Tomorrow....

Suicidal Tendencies: Lights...Camera...Revolution

Roky Erickson & The Aliens ~ The Evil One
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Old Polk

Nice album.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey081057 View Post
    Spro Gyra - Good to GoGo

SACD

Attachment 93269
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Old Polk

Default LP, Hall and Oates - Along the Red Ledge

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Default Bjh

Thanks to P-mans B-day post of the albums he got today I could not help but notice this one, my wife was at this show, I was introduced to Barclay James Harvest while living in Germany, seen them a couple of times over there, this one gets played a lot along with Live Tapes.
    Attached Images  

Steely Dan Aja
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    I've seen Inland Empire and own it, along with Mulholland Drive and I prefer the latter. Remember that scene where the girl auditions and sings that song about telling every little star? Great stuff. As far as Chris music, I have Forever Blue, Baja Sessions and Heart Shaped World I think. I've always liked them all, but perhaps Forever Blue is my favorite, although Baja Sessions is great, Back on Your Side and Only The Lonely and Wrong to Love You sound super, and Heart Shaped Box has Wicked Games IIRC. I remember when I got Baja Sessions I wasn't as thrilled but every time I play it I am amazed at how good it is and the SQ on all his stuff is just great.
    YEP! I remember that scene! I enjoy both movies, but Inland is phenominal!

Do you own San Francisco Days by Chris Isaak??? If you do not, go out tomorrow and buy it!! It's probably my favorite one by him! No joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey081057 View Post
    The Steve Howe Album

Attachment 93267
    Phenominal album! Double Rondo!!

Ted Nugent and The Amboy Dukes ~ Journeys

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Greg, not familiar with Chris Isaak's San Fransisco Days, so thanks for the recommendation, will pick it up for sure!

Smith ~ Minus - Plus

via MOG:
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
    Name:  randomaccessmemoriesdaftpunk-500x500.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  27.8 KB

Thread Information