Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 792 of 933 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 802 842 892 ... LastLast
Results 23,731 to 23,760 of 27975

Member Sales Rating: (0)

dromunds, I have some friends "in the business" but it was much later. One lives in Cleve Hts. still, so I'll give him a ring...
    Johnny Cash With the Carter Family
    Blood Sweat and Tears 1962 (mono)
    It says here i can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future. Guess they were right!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

David Sanborn

Closer
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Red: why is my brain telling me that the James Gang came out of Ohio? I'm too tired right now to check out an early album. The Spencer Davis Group would've been middle 60's though, right? The James Gang was more like '68? By that time, Stevie Winwood was in Blind Faith and long gone from clubs in Kent... Just thinking maybe one of the guys in The James Gang was in England and saw their hero... doubt it but possible they stuck the flyer in an album later....
    Wikipedia is my friend. Yes, the James Gang rode out of Cleveland. Joe Walsh went to Kent State I understand. Um, I think Jim Fox's Lps
    "A short time later, Fox was invited to auditions for a nine piece rhythm and blues outfit that was being assembled. Fox initially declined the offer but changed his mind when he heard local guitar legend Glen Schwartz, who was fresh out of the army, was to be in attendance. After hearing Schwartz play and hearing that two of his influences were the Spencer Davis Group and Jeff Beck, Fox was knocked out and invited Schwartz to join the James Gang."
    Listening to B S & T 4 getting back on track
    2 Channel: Oppo DV-981HD->XDA-2 ->UDA-200 ->Monitor 7 or Grado model SR225i
    HT:Denon 1913 Hsu VTF-1 MK2 sub
    AR-4x F / CS10 C / (4) Altec 849a S / Bozak 302a Sb
    Vintage: Pioneer SX-9000 Rotel TT (2) Crown Com-Tech 210 amps mono bridged
    Polk RT-7 or Altec 886a or Dynaco A25s

Hey Red, you old enough to remember when they ( James Gang ) were regulars at the Chesterland Hullabaloo ? I used to work with Joe's cousin Jack Walsh. Had a few beers with Joe at Jacks Parents anniversary party. Nice guy. Time for a lil Jack White: Blunderbuss

Nazareth: Rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Hey Red, you old enough to remember when they ( James Gang ) were regulars at the Chesterland Hullabaloo ? I used to work with Joe's cousin Jack Walsh. Had a few beers with Joe at Jacks Parents anniversary party. Nice guy. Time for a lil Jack White: Blunderbuss
    This is a little before my time/ drinking age. I do remember the Hullabaloo in name only. I'm hoping Mr. Fox gave up on these and they were not "lifted" at some party.
    If there is a way to find out, I'd feel better about it.

John Mayalls Blues Breakers
    Bare Wires

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default LP, Hall and Oates - Live Time

• Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Old Polk

Default LP, Wet Willie - Keep On Smilin'

Feels like a southern rock Friday...................

Name:  Wet+Willie+-+Keep+On+Smilin'+-+LP+RECORD-343366.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  48.1 KB
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Old Polk

Default LP, The Marshall Tucker Band - A New Life

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Old Polk

Default LP, .38 Special - Rockin' Into The Night

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Prism, Over 60 Minutes with Prism compilation, in the truck on the way to work. Wait I am at work still groovin to the tunes!
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Old Polk

Default LP, Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker View Post
    Interesting cover - sort of the wild West meets Roger Dean (Yes's cover artist for several of their albums) :-)
    all the best,
    mrh

Chum: interesting note you had there about The James Gang. I used to listen to them a LOT way back when they came out, cool you worked with a Walsh and met Joe at their parents' place. Joe was one of my heros as a youth. Course I had lots of heros back then. Mostly guitar players or Vince Lombardi era Green Bay Packers. Red: also interesting what you dug up on The James Gang. I'll bet you got some piece of rock and roll history there. What a great haul.

Old Polk

Default LP, The Marshall Tucker Band - Searchin' For a Rainbow

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Good Friday morning music lovers...

As I'm sure most of you are aware, on this date in music history:

1964: Shortly after 1:00 p.m. EST, Pan Am Yankee Clipper flight number 101 lands at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport. Over 3,000 screaming fans, many in tears, are waiting to greet the Beatles as they arrive for their first American tour (and an appearance on CBS' Ed Sullivan Show). The Beatles are taken to the Plaza Hotel after a press conference at the airport. ("What do you think of the campaign in Detroit to stamp out the Beatles?" Paul: "We've got a campaign of our own to stamp out Detroit.") On the same day, Baskin-Robbins responds to the furor by introducing a flavor of ice cream called "Beatle-Nut."

From the mono box set:

Attachment 94286

The Beatles ~ Please Please Me
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Old Polk

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy6647 View Post
    Interesting cover - sort of the wild West meets Roger Dean (Yes's cover artist for several of their albums) :-)
    J. Flournoy Holmes and D. Powell are credited with the cover art (my curiosity made me skin the sleeve protector off to look). Darn you! Now, I must search the shelves for some Yes albums. ;-)
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Old Polk

Default LP, Grinderswitch - Right On Time

Last call for southern rock. Enjoy your musical Friday!

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Is the Beatles' special still going to be on TV? I heard awhile ago that CBS or one of the major networks was going to air a special at the same time on the same day the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan Show maybe? Would that be Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Is the Beatles' special still going to be on TV? I heard awhile ago that CBS or one of the major networks was going to air a special at the same time on the same day the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan Show maybe? Would that be Sunday?
    Not sure, as I haven't heard anything about this special??

But yes, Sunday would be the anniversary date...

Thread Information