Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 855 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 25633

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Everyone who loves big band should get this CD. Amazing crispness, detail, and the brass is some of the best I've heard:
    Basie Big Band
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker View Post

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers - In the Palace of the King
    2007, Eagle Records, CD

You will not hear better contemporary blues guitar than Buddy's efforts on this release.

are you refering to 'buddy' his guitar player or buddy guy????

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Alison Krauss
    A Hundred Miles Or More
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Isis: In the Absence of Truth

Good stuff. Highly recommended for Tool fans/ "intelligent metal" fans.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane

although I have this on CD, I wanted to check out the vinly version.. very nice. I like the music so much..it was a no brainer for me. Can't wait till there next CD comes out next month. :)
    Attached Images  

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post

although I have this on CD, I wanted to check out the vinly version.. very nice. I like the music so much..it was a no brainer for me. Can't wait till there next CD comes out next month. :)
    These guys are gooooood . . . ya gotta love the lead singers voice!

Banned

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs; "Sinatra," "Swing Easy," "Songs for Young Lover." MFSL 1-130 LPs

Thought I crack this one open and start on the Sinatra quest. These first two LPs, squeezed onto one LP, the engineer brought Frank to the forefront and then sqeezed the orchestra into a four foot section behind him. His voice is great and focused but the orchestra behind him is all bunched together. Despite that the music is great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank-Sinatra-The-Sinatra-Colle-260104.jpg‎
Views:	81
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	24597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank LP.jpg‎
Views:	86
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	24598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank LP1.jpg‎
Views:	96
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	24599  

Banned

The Arcade Fire, "Funeral" LP Merge Records 0 36172 955510

Pretty good LP. ZB turned me onto The Arcade Fire, "Neon Bible" but that doesn't get released until tomorrow, so I ordered Neon Bible, which btw got "Recording of the Issue" in the April/May TAS, and "Funeral."

I can't say that it gave me goose bumps or had my toes tapping or even had me breathing heavily or breathless, it just delivered a nice amount of music.

I warn you however, it is a little compressed and the engineering could have been better. I think this record is worth $15 and another listen.
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Tori Amos- American Doll Posse

Just got it, the jury is still out.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Banned

Phil Collins; "No Jacket Required" LP: Atlantic 7A1 81240

Awesome SDA showcase LP. . . plus my vinyl rig never sounded better with this LP.
    Attached Images  

Banned

The Shins, "Chutes Too Narrow," LP; Sub Pop SP 625

Really, Really good music and sonics.
    Attached Images  

Banned

Joe, how long does your stylus last?

Larry Carlton - Collection (CD)

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Don Williams
    The Definitive Collection
    Wonderful recording. Even if you aren't a big classic country fan you have to love this recording.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post

while i do like this CD very much, i cant stand how compressed it sounds. it's like the singer is inside a little box at the end of a long hallway or something. too bad, cause i really like the album, it sounds great in the car!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mldennison View Post
    while i do like this CD very much, i cant stand how compressed it sounds. it's like the singer is inside a little box at the end of a long hallway or something. too bad, cause i really like the album, it sounds great in the car!
    I can tell you this the LP is anything but compressed, dynamic, open & airy, and very very detailed imaging. As a matter of fact, and I can't remember the name of the song, the first song opens up, the drum shots and guitar riffs are startling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by candyliquor35m View Post
    Joe, how long does your stylus last?
    It's not even broken in yet! LOL

Listening to my favorite undiscovered female artist.

Charlotte Martin, much like a saner version of Tori Amos. Here's a link to artist approved live recordings. I've dl'd many of her shows and it's amazing what great sounding amatuer recordings there are out there. There is something magical about a raw untouched live recording. The dynamics, ambience, lip smacking sounds, crowd interaction. I've heard her 3 studio recordings and I enjoy the small venue live recordings so much better. You can tell a lot about how good an artisit is by their live performances. Complete with warts and all. Great performers always sound so good and she is no exception.

Link for the entire database

http://www.archive.org/browse.php?co...data%2Fcreator

Link for Charlotte Martin

http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...lotte%20martin

Take a look, download and sample some stuff. It is hit or miss but it's pretyy satisfying to find something you might like. They are downloadable in MP3, OGG, FLAC, SHN.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (43)

RUN DMC Raising Hell !!!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Put on some James Taylor last night. It's been a while since I played that CD. Very relaxing.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Poncho Sanchez Latin Soul

If you are having trouble warming up to jazz you should really give some Latin jazz try i.e Cal Tjader, Tito Puentes, Jeff Linski

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by dane_peterson View Post
    Everyone who loves big band should get this CD. Amazing crispness, detail, and the brass is some of the best I've heard:
    Basie Big Band
    In that vein "On the road Count Basie and Orchestra" 1980 red minty vinyl.
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Fear of the Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slaperre View Post
    Wow is that creepy!

Banned

Archade Fire; "Neon Bible" 2 LP 180gm MRG285

Zombie Boy turned me onto to this. . . very, very intense and well done LP. This is the first time I ever saw a 1 1/2 LP set. The last side has no music on it, just neon bibles etched into it. Pretty cool. This LP made a big splash in the April/May The Absolute Sound. It is a bit compressed and bloated but many of the tracks seem to have been engineered by different people cause they are as dynamic as anything out there.
    Attached Images  

Banned

The Beatles, "Abbey Road" LP; Capitol Records C1 46446 1

This is a new release and has pressing issues but the music is as great as it was back in 1969. As a matter of fact I had a spiritual experience with "Golden Slumbers," "Carry that Weight," & "The End." they had me breathless.

The pressing issues are a real problem. This is the second copy I've received and although it is better than the one I returned it still has issues that need to be addressed by the reseller.

Still all in all it's "ABBEY ROAD" bad pressing or not still one of the best if not the best of the Beatles LPs.
    Attached Images  

Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's

Brainchild Vince Clarke a founding member of Depeche Mode put together this cd along with Allison (Alf) Moyet on vocals; who has very distinctive almost transgender like voice. It's all synthetic '80's new wave style music, but it's done old school on analog equipment and sounds really great.

The song Situation sounds excellent on the SDA's. It startled me a couple of times with sound coming almost behind me :D

H9

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's

Brainchild Vince Clarke a founding member of Depeche Mode put together this cd along with Allison (Alf) Moyet on vocals; who has very distinctive almost transgender like voice. It's all synthetic '80's new wave style music, but it's done old school on analog equipment and sounds really great.

The song Situation sounds excellent on the SDA's. It startled me a couple of times with sound coming almost behind me :D

H9

Hey Bro is that the LP or CD you got there?

My sister used to to listen to Yaz all the time.

Move out...
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Joe, it's cd. I once owned it on LP :D .

Halo- every once in awhile I pull out some of my fave cd's from that era. Tomorrow night it's some old school NIN, you reminded me of them this past weekend and it's been awhile since I played them.

H9

man!

Too bad me and Mike were the only two listening to the new CD - year zero - on his HT rig. As hard as we tried we couldn't get those Ultra's to bottom out - bet we were pretty darn close!

Good times :)

Glad you are digging the 1C's.

I'd still like to pick yer brain on the CD comps :)
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Thread Information