Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 925 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 192 592 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 27742

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Vivaldi Concertos with Organ

Deutsche Grammophon 2530 652

Trying to expand my horizons into the classical genre. So far, not so bad. May take a couple of listens to really get into it. My memories from music appreciation classes in high school and college are starting to resurface.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post

Trying to expand my horizons into the classical genre. So far, not so bad. May take a couple of listens to really get into it. My memories from music appreciation classes in high school and college are starting to resurface.
    Excellent choice!!! I love Vivaldi. Even his early stuff that kind of sounds all alike.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

The Phillies game!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
    The Phillies game!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you jackass!!!! LOL ROTFLMAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you jackass!!!! LOL ROTFLMAO!!!!
    What can I say!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Excellent choice!!! I love Vivaldi. Even his early stuff that kind of sounds all alike.
    Why thank you. I've gotten some good advice recently ;)

I also listened to some of the MHS releases; I forget exactly which ones, but I wasn't very impressed with their quality. Grandad seemed to be a member as well, he also had a bunch from the Columbia, Phillips, and Nonesuch labels.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Ani di Franco: Living in Clip

Amazing, AWESOME, almost knocked me outta my chair:

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Member Sales Rating: (21)

At this very moment, Ben Tavera King..then Gotan Project, then Lisa Gerrard...then just to prove my man card, some Jewel. If you hear Jewel coming from my system, please shoot me. Apologies to Jewel fans.

Member Sales Rating: (21)

In my book, classical is Beatles, Pink Floyd, Who, Vanilla Fudge, Clash, MC5, etc. etc. That's what they should be teaching kids in school. To quote Bruce, "I learned more from a 3 minute record than I ever learned in school."

Banned

Why thank you. I've gotten some good advice recently ;)

I also listened to some of the MHS releases; I forget exactly which ones, but I wasn't very impressed with their quality.
    As with other labels MHS had some really great stuff and some real garbage and I mean garbage. Even the vinyl itself on the bad stuff was awful. As I said sometimes it's a crap shoot but when you come across that gem you really know it.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Listening to Toad the Wet Sprocket "Dulcinea" Excellent guitar work. Seems to be a pretty good recording. I have actually been listening to several of their cd's and I have forgotten how good they were. I did see them live last fall and I will say they sound even better live.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

Old Polk

Thumbs up

More Albert Cummings. Rock solid and backed/produced by Layton and Shannon of Double Trouble with Reese on B3.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Banned

Got four already,
    and now we're steady,
    and then we played,
    one, two, three, four!

Led Zepplin; The Complete Studio Recordings

Led Zepplin V; Houses of the Holy

What a great album and an awesome follow up to Zoso!!!

Where's that confounded bridge?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zepplin Complete1.jpg‎
Views:	88
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	25317   Click image for larger version

Name:	houses.jpg‎
Views:	76
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	25318  

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have been looking for this since I heard it reviewed on The Record Shelf w/ Jim Svade (on NPR.) Amazon finally had it available from Rhinebeck Records.

Gareth Farr--Symphonic Works

Not the greatest recording technically. On tracks 1 & 2 (From the Depths Sound the Great Sea Gongs) the bulk of the orchestra sounds distant(?) while the precussion is really enjoyable. (And percussion is what Farr seems to do best.)

I think 'Queen of Demons' is my favorite track.

http://www.amazon.com/Gareth-Farr-Or...0788966&sr=1-1

Cheers, Jim
    Attached Images  

Old Polk

Thumbs up

Brook Benton - Golden Hits
    Mercury SR60607, LP

What a voice!
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Old Polk

Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit
    1976, Columbia PC34241, LP
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Old Polk

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim And The Blue Horizon
    1971, Warner Brothers BS 2561, LP
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMDPicker View Post

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim And The Blue Horizon
    1971, Warner Brothers BS 2561, LP
    There is a 180gm release of this on the way out, I have mine back ordered.

I'm gonna be in your neighborhood tomorrow Bro. . .better hide the women and lock the doors!!! LOL!

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Rush Snakes and Arrows

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes - Live at the Greek

A blistering live 2 cd set of mostly Zep tunes with a few blues standards thrown in. No Crowes songs because of contractual issues. This one of my favorite live rock cd's the sound is amazing and full.

This is superb SDA recording. This show used 3 guitarists and in the past it was always difficult to discern each guitar and who was playing what because the guitars seems to come from the same location.

The way the recording was made has Audley Freed in the left channel; Rich Robinson in the right channel; and Jimmy Page in the center (actually slightly off center to the right). On the SDA's both the L and R are way out off the sides and Jimmy is just right of Chris Robinson's vocals which are dead center.

This sounds so full on the SDA's, my buddy even mentioned that it sounded like I had a surround system on while we were listening. All the instruments are so fleshed out and you can hear every little nuance of the recording. The organ, toms, cymbals were all in the mix in different spots R/L and F/B. It really sounded like I was right in the middle of the concert.

If you like Zep get this cd. If you have SDA's and like Zep this is a must have. While this band could never replace Zep they do a damn fine job and Jimmy for the most part is on fire. I have a bootleg video of a show from this mini-tour and they take a no nonsense approach. It was easy to visualize the whole show while listening to this fantastic recording.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes - Live at the Greek

A blistering live 2 cd set of mostly Zep tunes with a few blues standards thrown in. No Crowes songs because of contractual issues. This one of my favorite live rock cd's the sound is amazing and full.

This is superb SDA recording. This show used 3 guitarists and in the past it was always difficult to discern each guitar and who was playing what because the guitars seems to come from the same location.

The way the recording was made has Audley Freed in the left channel; Rich Robinson in the right channel; and Jimmy Page in the center (actually slightly off center to the right). On the SDA's both the L and R are way out off the sides and Jimmy is just right of Chris Robinson's vocals which are dead center.

This sounds so full on the SDA's, my buddy even mentioned that it sounded like I had a surround system on while we were listening. All the instruments are so fleshed out and you can hear every little nuance of the recording. The organ, toms, cymbals were all in the mix in different spots R/L and F/B. It really sounded like I was right in the middle of the concert.

If you like Zep get this cd. If you have SDA's and like Zep this is a must have. While this band could never replace Zep they do a damn fine job and Jimmy for the most part is on fire. I have a bootleg video of a show from this mini-tour and they take a no nonsense approach. It was easy to visualize the whole show while listening to this fantastic recording.

H9

Thanks for the info. I wonder if this offering has been put to vinyl. How old is this one?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Thanks for the info. I wonder if this offering has been put to vinyl. How old is this one?
    This was released in '00 and don't hold me to it but I believe you should be able to find this on LP with some searching. If not get the cd you won't be disappointed. Chris Robinson does the best job to date on the Zep vocals. I think he is even better than David Coverdale (I have a few boots of the Coverdale/Page tour in Japan way back when). Throughly enjoyable!!
    Last edited by heiney9; 06-03-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Old Polk

Thumbs up

Nancy Wilson - Just For Now
    1967, Capitol ST2712, LP

Amazing arrangements and sound quality from this 40 year old disc.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Old Polk

Thumbs up

Switching medium and spinning Mayall's "Back to the Roots" double album @ 7 1/2 IPS with the new (to me) Akai 280D-SS R2R deck. Sound quality, dynamics, bass extension, and depth/width of the soundstage simply get no better than this. Larry Taylor does a bass run in the intro to "Home Again" that could never be reproduced as faithfully on LP or CD. Mayall's honky tonk blues piano style rolls of the manual and into time and space with an intimacy and urgency of its own. As close to first generation "being there" as I've heard.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (2)

The Smith's- Meat is Murder
    JAS Audio Bravo 2.3 SE Single ended Class A Tube Integrated Amplifier Svetlana 6C33-B triodes @ 18 wpc-Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC W-LME49990 op amps w Siemens 12AU7 -Black Cat Morpheus cables -Silverline Audio Sonata III

Old Polk

Grand Funk Railroad - Born to Die
    1976, Capitol ST-11482, LP

Originally intended as their last album, they reunited shortly after its release to record with Frank Zappa on "Good Singin' Good Playin'". Side B is some of my favorite work by Farner with Craig Frost on keyboards and vocals a big plus.
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Old Polk

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
    1974, Chrysalis CHR 1057, LP

James Dewar was, IMHO, the best rock vocalist of the era and a bassist with few equals. This album is a showcase for his talents, Trower's guitar work is just extra icing. Sadly, he passed away in 2002 at the age of 60.

• SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Two fer....Roy Buchanan- "American Axe-Live in 1974" and Luther Allison-"Bad News Is Coming". The Luther Allison cd is a huge winner an excellent Blues album.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	buchamerican.jpg‎
Views:	79
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	25433   Click image for larger version

Name:	luthera.jpg‎
Views:	91
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	25434  

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

How can I possibly listen to any music WITH THAT DAMN BLEEP BLEEP NOISE OUTSIDE!

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    RUN DMC Raising Hell !!!
    So how does that sound on Ben-DAs, Or the frankenDAs, or what ever the hell you call those monoliths you know the fun,
    Super Distracting Audio project u was bein' workin' on n stuff
    Speakers:SDA2a, sub:Atlantic Technologies 172 PBM
    Pre:B&K PRO-10MC(2ch)
    Amps:Parasound HCA 1000a
    SourcesOppo DV-970HD, Xbox360, Kenwood KT-5300
    Cables:Philips/RCA/Monster

Life's short, Listen to SDA's
    Life is short live Sui Juris
    Where did SOPA go?

Thread Information